I need clean eating motivation and friends!

Options

Replies

• Lezavargas
    Lezavargas Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Rule number 1 about MFP...and it is a great tool...If you are new and ask a simple question out of not being familiar with the process, be prepared to be skewered for all angles...And yes this happens all the time...The high horses are the successful people who make a new person feel like crap. Answering a question with a question is perhaps the biggest culprit, just to prove a point.

Soooo truuuue!!! I was shocked by the venom that came out with the first post I put on here. Never suspected in a million years that I would catch so much flack for trying to make a heathy change in my life. But, despite all the haters, i found a great support group and we are adding more all the time!

• SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    This thread...

giphy.gif
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    SconnieCat wrote: »
    Lezavargas wrote: »
    Rivers2k wrote: »
    wow people are mean. Sounded to me like the OP was looking for support from others who want to do it the same way she does.

Who are all of you to hate on her for that. If you don't like it move on. I don't plan on doing the "clean eating" thing. I was on here to maybe pick up some tips all I see is others so insecure that they cant handle people doing something different than they are.

I believe she meant does anyone do clean eating right. That is a fair question.

You nailed it! This happens anytime someone even broaches the subject of clean eating.

Are you purposefully ignoring most of the posts in this thread?

I believe she is intentionally ignoring them and just making trollish posts instead.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    emily_stew wrote: »
    Femisfit wrote: »
    i love to support friends, but sometimes what I see them eat makes me cringe. Cookie dough for lunch? "I stayed under my calorie goal so it's okay" Does anyone do it "right?"

It's attitudes like yours why I keep my food diary closed. Mind your own beeswax and worry about yourself. Begone with your self righteousness

I'm the opposite those attitudes make me want to keep mine open.

i-love-cookie-dough.jpg
  • Hornsby
    Options
    Jolinia wrote: »
    Add me if you want, I'm low carb clean eater. My diary is open to friends. Ignore the alcohol, I don't usually drink as much as I have the past few weeks, and it's banished from my household for at least the next month because of that!

Lol! Im leaving for Mexico tomorrow. Im pretty sure pina coladas are going to be my main caloric intake! Clean eating doesnt have to mean perfection. It means making most of your choices the heathy stuff so your body is prepared to handle the not-so-healthy! Kudos to all of you making the committment! It can be tough in the beginning but the health you gain is worth far more than the work you put into it!!

That doesn't really make sense.

Sure it does. It means Clean Eating is Moderation.... Just goes to show some people need labels to make themselves feel better.

Now we know though. Clean eating and moderation can be used interchangeably now.

:InsertSarcasm:

• Lezavargas
    Options
    Clean up your food
    Lean up your meats
    End your sugar obsession
    Aim for heath
    No to processed foods
  • joneallen
    joneallen Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Clean up your food
    Lean up your meats
    End your sugar obsession
    Aim for heath
    No to processed foods
    So the opposite of your diary before you closed it?
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Clean up your food
    Lean up your meats
    End your sugar obsession
    Aim for heath
    No to processed foods

*Unless you go to Mexico.

I thought clean eating didn't have to mean perfection and just had to mean "making the most of your choices"...

I'm confused here.
  • Hornsby
    Options
    joneallen wrote: »
    Clean up your food
    Lean up your meats
    End your sugar obsession
    Aim for heath
    No to processed foods
    So the opposite of your diary before you closed it?

Exactly^^ Do as I say, not as I do. Never seen someone who eats a balanced diet defend a different way of eating so vehemently.

• GiveMeCoffee
    Options
    Clean up your food
    Lean up your meats
    End your sugar obsession
    Aim for heath
    No to processed foods

Can you open your diary so I can understand how to do this properly?
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    SconnieCat wrote: »
    Who are you to judge if they are doing it right?

What exactly is doing it right?

BAM.

I had wine, cheese and popcorn for dinner one night last week. And I made it all work and fit my macros.

And maybe I'll eat cookie dough for lunch sometime. That actually sounds delicious.

Who cares what someone else eats? And why would what another person is doing matter to you?
    MMMMMM hi, can we be friends?
  • yhealthy2000
    yhealthy2000 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you on your clean eating efforts. Your friends will one day realize that their bodies need good clean food. Eat cookie dough but not as a whole lunch. Instead a little as dessert after a nice salad:). You keep up with your good eats with healthy additions, and your friends may want to catch up with you one day when they see you healthier and more energetic!!
  • Hornsby
    Options
    Clean up your food
    Lean up your meats
    End your sugar obsession
    Aim for heath
    No to processed foods

Can you open your diary so I can understand how to do this properly?

She won't. I looked earlier though before she closed it. It wasn't even remotely clean.

• joneallen
    joneallen Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I had Oreos and coffee for breakfast today. I was in a hurry, I'm having a stressful week and it made me happy. I'm still on track to be under my calorie goal for the day. Haterz gonna hate

Nice! Keep it up!
  • GiveMeCoffee
    Options
    I had Oreos and coffee for breakfast today. I was in a hurry, I'm having a stressful week and it made me happy. I'm still on track to be under my calorie goal for the day. Haterz gonna hate!
    Edit: 2 Oreos. Not the whole box. Because moderation.

I just saw they have cookie dough stuffed oreos, I need to find these but until then I will suffer with cookie dough ice cream
  • Lezavargas
    Options
    Congrats to you on your clean eating efforts. Your friends will one day realize that their bodies need good clean food. Eat cookie dough but not as a whole lunch. Instead a little as dessert after a nice salad:). You keep up with your good eats with healthy additions, and your friends may want to catch up with you one day when they see you healthier and more energetic!!

Yay! (Angelic tune fills the room) Friend me please!