Diet fizzy juice?

Options
Is drinking diet fizzy juice bad for me? I have 2/3 cans a day while drinking 2 and a half litres of water. I googled it and it said it was really bad but people are telling me it's fine because there's nothing in it. X

Replies

• Annie3623
    Annie3623 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    If you don't mind drinking chemicals then it's fine for you, anything that can be used to as a household cleaning product in my eyes, is never a good move.
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Annie3623 wrote: »
    If you don't mind drinking chemicals then it's fine for you, anything that can be used to as a household cleaning product in my eyes, is never a good move.

Everydarnedthing you eat or drink is chemicals.

Everything.

• Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Lemon juice and white vinegar are good household cleaning products too.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

Let's see, water is 2 parts Hydrogen (Chemical) and 1 part Oxygen (Chemical). What do you drink if you don't drink chemicals?

To the OP, it will not impact your weight loss.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options

Watch out for that dihydrogen monoxide. I hear it's killer!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options

Everything.
    I don't get why people don't understand this. Science for the win.

OP, there's nothing wrong with diet fizzy juice drinks if they make you happy. Some people have a sensitivity to the artificial sweeteners in them. If you don't then don't sweat it. I have a sister who loves to tell me that aspertame is horrible and Diet Coke will be the death of me because I drink one can per day. She smokes cigarettes. I've stopped listening to her.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    You're fine.
  • njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    What is diet fizzy juice?
  • livv365
    livv365 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    njitaliana wrote: »
    What is diet fizzy juice?

Like diet irn bru, diet coke etc xx
  • MonaLisaLianne
    MonaLisaLianne Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    There is some research that shows zero-calorie sweeteners can raise your blood sugar. That doesn't mean I never drink a diet soda, but I do go for the flavored sparkling waters instead more often, after learning what those sweeteners do to gut flora and blood sugar.
    http://todayhealthchannel.com/2014/09/18/research-shows-zero-calorie-sweeteners-can-raise-blood-sugar/
  • livv365
    Options
    Thank you everyone! Google made it sound like it was so bad for me and drinking it would mean no weight loss! Lol x
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    livv365 wrote: »
    Thank you everyone! Google made it sound like it was so bad for me and drinking it would mean no weight loss! Lol x

Moving forward on your weight loss journey, only listen to science based research, peer reviewed studies...etc. If you just google something, you will get 10,000 hits from random websites that just write opinion pieces. The diet industry is 99% a scam so always be weary.
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    Livv, I suggest fizzy water with fruit in it. More nutrients than the diet pop and you get to eat the fruit after - score and score!
  • SwankyTomato
    SwankyTomato Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    If I need a fizzy drink and do not want a soda, I drink sparkling water, like Perrier. I do not like the fruit flavored waters and would rather have plain water with some fizz.
  • livv365
    Options
    Thank you! I will try that thanks xxxx
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    La Croix is a good alternative. Also now Nestle has a similar line of drinks, one is strawberry dragon fruit and quite good. I cannot drink the ICE drinks, the sweetener in it gives me migraines.

You can also make your own as someone suggested by using a sparkling water with fresh slices of lemons, limes, or other fruits.
  • krisalexine
    krisalexine Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    livv365 wrote: »

Moving forward on your weight loss journey, only listen to science based research, peer reviewed studies...etc. If you just google something, you will get 10,000 hits from random websites that just write opinion pieces. The diet industry is 99% a scam so always be weary.

^^ this. And I'll probably get ripped apart for saying this, but personally, I don't really post any questions on here unless it's to get a consumer review about a non-consumable product (sneakers, gloves, etc).

Most people, imo, on MFP lose some weight, hit 1K posts and all of the sudden they're fitness and nutrition experts.
  • Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options

Most people, imo, on MFP lose some weight, hit 1K posts and all of the sudden they're fitness and nutrition experts.

Geez, I hope I don't ever come off that way.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options
    SueInAz wrote: »

Everything.
    I don't get why people don't understand this. Science for the win.

OP, there's nothing wrong with diet fizzy juice drinks if they make you happy. Some people have a sensitivity to the artificial sweeteners in them. If you don't then don't sweat it. I have a sister who loves to tell me that aspertame is horrible and Diet Coke will be the death of me because I drink one can per day. She smokes cigarettes. I've stopped listening to her.

Uh, yeah, I don't blame you for that. Some of the things people justify for themselves just boggles my mind. (not to speak badly of your sister personally)
  • sherbear702
    sherbear702 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    If you like the fizz, you might try sparkling mineral water. It's just carbonated water so no artifical sweetners, no calories. I get this kind that is "lemon" flavored, but it's not sweet. It just tastes like a glass of water with an actual lemon in it.