no wonder i was/am fat...

Options
i was just thinking of the ridiculous habits i had before starting this weight loss journey..

like eating an entire stuffed crust pizza from Pizza Hut in one sitting.. two times a week!

lol can't believe admitted that. obviously that wasn't the only thing i did wrong (hello 100 pounds overweight).

does anyone else have any funny recollections about bad eating habits they would like to share?

Replies

• ColinsMommaOC
    ColinsMommaOC Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Footlong Subway sandwich with double meat and avocado... and calling it healthy because its Subway after all /facepalm... I looked up the cals for it and nearly choked the other day
  • spoonyspork
    spoonyspork Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Remember the 'double decker' pizza hut pizzas? Yeah, my loose belly does! XD

(to be fair, that's ALL I ate all day when I'd have one. But I'd wash it down with a two-liter of sprite!)
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Constant grazing and drinking my calories got me to where I am today. It was so dumb, I never realized how much I was eating. I even had my thyroid/blood sugar tested. I had a job that was constantly active and I volunteered at a park and food bank and I didn't understand why I was fat because I never ate a whole pizza/bag of chips/anything else in one sitting.

So dumb.
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    lots of beer followed by an entire pizza at 11:00 p.m. thanks to delivery. HAAA
  • megsta91
    megsta91 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Remember the 'double decker' pizza hut pizzas? Yeah, my loose belly does! XD

(to be fair, that's ALL I ate all day when I'd have one. But I'd wash it down with a two-liter of sprite!)

dont remember the double decker.. but boy does it sound delicious! im a pizza freak!
  • tpulliam381
    Options
    Burgers, fried wings, and soda all week long. I'm glad to but alive after thinking about it.
  • Deedee1111111
    Deedee1111111 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    loads of beer, wine, whatever, and eating out! and an embarrassing amount of chocolate.
  • ewhip17
    ewhip17 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Yeah all these things but what always strikes me as funny (sad) are those times where I told myself "but I don't eat any differently than a fit person....." Ha.
  • megsta91
    megsta91 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    ewhip17 wrote: »
    Yeah all these things but what always strikes me as funny (sad) are those times where I told myself "but I don't eat any differently than a fit person....." Ha.

yes! and i was also known to work out super hard for 2 weeks, all while eating my entire pizzas, and wonder why i wasn't losing.
  • bookish33
    Options
    I once at five McDonald's double cheese burgers in an eating competition with a best friend in college. I was proud, so I definitely get that feeling.
  • MindySaysWhaaat
    MindySaysWhaaat Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I once bought a little caesars $5 dollar pizza and ate the entire thing on the way to work after I had already eaten dinner at home (I worked midnight shift for a while).

On Saturdays when my shift was 6pm-230am I would regularly stop at a White Castle's on the way home and buy myself a 10 piece mozzarella cheese stick and a large strawberry shake.

There's a few other not so great things, but those are some of the worst.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I'd eat an entire pint of Ben & Jerry's ice cream right out of the carton.

I'd sometimes sit down with a box of cookies and, an hour later, realize I'd eaten half the box.

I'd buy a roll of pillsbury chocolate chip cookie dough and eat the entire thing in one sitting... raw.

A night out for drinks would involve not one or two beers, but five or six. (I'm a 5'1" woman.)

I'd buy a wedge of cheese from the local cheese shop, and eat the whole thing on the walk back to my office. It'd be gone before I made it back to my desk.

I'd lie to myself and say things like "life is meant to be enjoyed", or "you don't live longer, it just feels longer". I'd pretend that I was so much happier than all those people watching their food intake or counting their calories.

I made being a chocoholic part of my identity, and used it as a sort of defense mechanism to ward off comments about my weight. I'd fight against size-ism and discrimination, and take down anyone angrily for judging people for their weight. All of which is true and important, but I also used it as an excuse of why I didn't have to lose weight.

That was then. This is now. No more excuses.
  • RavenaRae
    RavenaRae Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    An entire jar of caramel ice cream topping with a spoon, weekly almost! Scary thing is that even making huge progress (lost 40 lbs before joining MFP) and knowing how wrong it is, I could totally do it again. ugh!!
  • sbrocka222
    sbrocka222 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Grazing all day, snacking and eating large quantities at supper - no matter what we had for supper. And beer. I like beer still, but decide to make room for it within my calorie goals now. My worst habit is midnight snacking. I do not need to shove food in my face at 3am!
  • a_stronger_me13
    a_stronger_me13 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I think I would have saved myself at least 10lbs in college by switching to diet soda instead of regular soda.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    Oh, and who could forget, I'd buy the store-bought icing meant for cakes (Duncan Hines, Betty Crocker, whatever) and eat the ENTIRE THING with a spoon.

Yes, really.
  • alykat_89
    alykat_89 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    When I was around 13-14, I would often eat those triple decker burgers at Burger King. Just thinking about it just... ugh.
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Before deciding I had to make a change, I would drink 2-liters of root beer almost everyday. (Some days I didn't finish the bottle, but I was still averaging at least 4 each 2-liter bottles of root beer a week.)
  • Ni_kki
    Ni_kki Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Dr Pepper... root cause of my fatness.
  • Scott_2025
    Scott_2025 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Typical day 2 years ago. Bacon egg and cheese bagel breakfast meal at Mcdonald's, 4 coke's, 4 snickers bars and a couple bags of chips at work. Bacon cheeseburger and fries for lunch. Driving home snack, two cheeseburger value meal at McDonald's. Then dinner.... I am positive I ate 6000 calories some days.

I'm doing better now.....