Day 2 No white diet - bad headache

Options

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    this diet sounds racist....

No. Not in the slightest. This comment is dumb, however.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Well my weaknesses that contribute to excess calories are sweets (candy, ice cream, pastries, etc), bready foods, snacks, sugar cereal, and bad food choices at restaurants. I am a picky eater and tend to choose burger or sandwich + fries.

If you're still feeling off, try adding some legumes to your next meal.

And ignore all the trolling.
  • dallshouse0363
    Options
    It is not the caffeine. You could drink double the amount and it will not have an affect. If you drank something else with the Aspartame it would help otherwise wait it out.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I bet you have the 'atkins flu'. Eat some sugar.

• daw0518
    daw0518 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Yes, you're right, cutting out all "whites" will result in a calorie deficit, as you have countlessly told responders who question it. But I think they're just trying to tell you that you don't need to make yourself completely miserable in order to be successful. You don't learn anything by going to extremes & cutting entire food groups out. It's not going to be easy, it's going to take some effort, and part of the process is learning how to control and moderate things that might trigger you.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    OP: when I did a two week elimination of all refined carbs I got a few headaches (go figure). Beans helped a lot.
    There's nothing wrong with reducing your intake of high calorie, low nutrient refined carbs. just replace them with nutrient dense foods. And be sure to eat enough.

And again, have some beans.
  • JeriAnne84
    JeriAnne84 Posts: 543 Member
    Options

That's what I was thinking. WHY'S IT GOTTA BE WHITE? lol
  • becs3578
    becs3578 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I gave up diet coke along with going back to a more PALEO modified diet for lent. And yes I ate a ton of pasta and bread Tuesday. Ha!!! I will say I use EXCEDRIN migraine when getting of the diet coke (and when I get migraines). Really helps with headache and has some caffeine in it... Just a little more than 40 days... WE CAN DO THIS.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    JeriAnne84 wrote: »

is that really mystery? :huh:
  • Whittedo
    Whittedo Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Made it through day 1

Any advice or just general advice for a carb/sweets/starchy-loving guy?

First off I think that it is hilarious that so many people decided that you were female even though you are a self-confessed c/s/s-loving GUY and from your profile picture you would be one butt-ugly woman.

Secondly the "no-white food regime" is a healthy and bonafide way of reducing the "bad" carbs from your diet. Cutting out white sugar, added salt, white flour other over-refined grains is a good thing. I am not sure why you have cut out the Diet Coke (although I am a Diet Pepsi man myself). It is unlikely that one can of aspartame a day will do you any harm and personally I find that it takes the edge off my sweets cravings.

Good luck on your journey and if you need a friend feel free to add me.

• BRFMcKay
    BRFMcKay Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Good luck, and good plan. Did you add in some whole wheat carbs? I think some other posts are right: you need to ride it out. It is withdrawal.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    herrspoons wrote: »

No. Not in the slightest. This comment is dumb, however.

Two things:

1) WHOOSH!
    2) Your third sentence is priceless.

cheers captain drive by.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Well Coke is brown not white.... But cutting caffeine will give a brutal headache that all the aspirin in the world will not be able to help. Toss some sugar withdrawal on top of that and there you go....

The headaches should go away after about a week... Try having some tea or coffee if those aren't on your list of things you're cutting out.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Can you eat sweet potatoes or other squash? Those tend to have higher carb loads.
  • Wookinpanub
    Wookinpanub Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Can you eat sweet potatoes or other squash? Those tend to have higher carb loads.

Yes sweet potatoes are permissible. I could be wrong but the SP have higher fiber to help offset the higher carbs + have more nutrients than regular Potatoes.
  • RebelDiamond
    RebelDiamond Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Drink some water and wait it out. If it's affecting your work or something like that take paracetamol or something like that for headaches.
    Reducing sugar, caffeine and artificial sweeteners have caused headaches for me, the best thing is to just wait it out. If it persists then it might be a different issue (a sore neck could be contributing etc). Good luck!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    There's not much difference in fiber content between potatoes and sweet potatoes--2 grams vs. 3. And I, for one, am much more likely to roast the potatoes with the skin and to peel the sweet, which would seem to bias it in favor of the potatoes.

The nutrients are different, but both have some good nutrients. This current fad to love the sweet potato (which I like too, I have them about equally often) and demonize the potato is bizarre and annoying.

Also, I don't see what white foods have to do with Lent (unless you are excited to eat them on Easter as a celebration of purity and cleansing, as with the newly baptized in their white robes, sigh, never mind me), but I know that's judgy and anyway we aren't supposed to talk about Lent.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    All that aside, I agree with those who said it's probably the caffeine.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    becs3578 wrote: »
    I gave up diet coke along with going back to a more PALEO modified diet for lent. And yes I ate a ton of pasta and bread Tuesday. Ha!!! I will say I use EXCEDRIN migraine when getting of the diet coke (and when I get migraines). Really helps with headache and has some caffeine in it... Just a little more than 40 days... WE CAN DO THIS.

thats not paleo then ….
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    JeriAnne84 wrote: »

is that really mystery? :huh:

Actually, it is to me. Did I miss the definition of this diet? Are they eliminating salt, cauliflower, and white beans too? It seems a little arbitrary...