no wonder i was/am fat...

Replies

• rdianemu
    rdianemu Posts: 132 Member
    This thread made me hungry! Does that make me a bad person :'(
  • sbahlezinwe67
    sbahlezinwe67 Posts: 84 Member
    Eating 200g rib and wing combo from spur for launch which cost around 1250 calories while I'm still Gona get home and feast on a full meal that would consist of rice, fryed chicken, gravy , potatoes salad, beans sunk in mayo salad and later the same day have a pocket of nik naks 100g and all fizzy drinks
  • upgrayyed
    upgrayyed Posts: 3 Member
    This is my first post but as good a place to start as any:

1. An entire bag of Tostitos tortilla chips after work. I loved the salt and they were really a salsa-delivery mechanism. I'd feel so gross I'd have to forgo dinner.
    2. A Chipotle burrito with guacamole, rice, beans, cheese, along with a side order of chips (of course). That's easily 1500 calories, probably more. Sometimes I'd have some more chips to finish off the salsa. I always felt bloated and even in a little bit of pain because I had eaten so much.
    3. A large Papa Johns pizza by myself, along with the "cheese bread", which is basically another pizza with no sauce. That would take care of my day's food intake (typically I would order this on a Sunday after a night of drinking the night before). As with the other examples, I felt absolutely disgusting afterwards and into the next day as well.

The interesting part to me is why I would eat this way. Sometimes it was stress and/or fatigue, usually due to work. Or, as with the pizza, it was feeling tired and lazy and hung over. The taste and texture of the food made me feel better. It would calm me and give me (momentary) energy. Other times, as in eating more chips after Chipotle, I would be full and the literal sight of more food would make me feel a little ill. And yet I would eat more, almost as if I had an uncontrollable compulsion to. That was when I realized that food could be as addictive as cigarettes or drugs.

Reading all the other responses as well, the common theme is how highly processed everyone's binge foods are. It's just not normal to eat like that (and I include myself too) with real food. E.g. all of the sweet tooths out there are not saying how they gorged themselves on 5 pounds of strawberries. It's always ice cream, or cake frosting, or something out of a package. I ate chips, not cucumbers with salt. IMO it really highlights how food today is designed to hook us and get us coming back for more.

One final note, I've found that if I exercise regularly, a lot of the compulsion to eat for comfort or to get the salty taste or whatever just goes away. That's why for me a diet is never enough; I have to exercise (and hard).
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Dr. Pepper. 6 a day.
  • JordisTSM
    JordisTSM Posts: 359 Member
    by using this logic for everything...
    Hungry for plate of fries
    Make plate of fries
    Accidentally put too much ketchup on fries
    Make more fries to offset ketchup fry ratio
    Not enough ketchup now
    Add more ketchup
    Accidentally add too much ketchup
    Make more fries
    repeat until no ketchup remains

Substitute aioli for the ketchup and you just described me. Aioli is the one thing I can't have in the house.
  • KrunchyMama
    KrunchyMama Posts: 420 Member
    upgrayyed wrote: »

The interesting part to me is why I would eat this way... That was when I realized that food could be as addictive as cigarettes or drugs... Reading all the other responses as well, the common theme is how highly processed everyone's binge foods are.

I absolutely agree! I was eating away my stress and fatigue also. And I'm starting to learn which foods cause 'binge' compulsions (Humpty Dumpty BBQ chips), while others leave me unaffected and I am able to eat them in moderation (Miss Vickies chips). Knowing this really helps me when it comes to making food choices - what is okay to have as a 'treat' and which ones I need to avoid at all costs.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    rdianemu wrote: »
    This thread made me hungry! Does that make me a bad person :'(

youre not joking LOL i think its time for me to go to bed now LOLOLOL
  • NurseCU
    NurseCU Posts: 122 Member
    * An entire pint of Ben and Jerry's "Half Baked" -- I could probably still do this!
    * Box of girl scout cookies in 1-2 days
    * Eating until it hurt (don't understand what possessed me to do this)
    * Almost an entire bag of Doritos, with whipped cream cheese as a dip
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    bookish33 wrote: »
    I once at five McDonald's double cheese burgers in an eating competition with a best friend in college. I was proud, so I definitely get that feeling.

Once?

When the hit he dollar menu with the .99 cent McDouble... 5 was a regular order.

• I used to eat a whole box of cookies EVERY DAY!! Plus chocolate, icecream, I am a mega sweet tooth! I remember those days fondly though :)
  • iamaprincessx
    iamaprincessx Posts: 78 Member
    I used to treat myself on weekends to a whole bottle of merlot with half a pack blue cheese :open_mouth:
  • honkytonks85
    honkytonks85 Posts: 669 Member
    At my biggest (155kg) - AFTER DINNER - I would regularly order pizza delivery and consume

- 1 large meatlovers pizza
    - 1 entire garlic bread
    - 1.25 L bottle of coke

For a while I lived next door to a fish & chip shop so my daily snack was deep fried everything.

This was about 10 years ago now.. And I am a much much different person
  • megsta91
    megsta91 Posts: 92 Member
    NurseCU wrote: »
    * An entire pint of Ben and Jerry's "Half Baked" -- I could probably still do this!
    * Box of girl scout cookies in 1-2 days
    * Eating until it hurt (don't understand what possessed me to do this)
    * Almost an entire bag of Doritos, with whipped cream cheese as a dip

You are my binge twin! Lol loveeeee half baked.
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Party Size bags of Doritos didn't share, 5th Avenue bars 4x a day when pregnant through 2 pregnancies (never ate one before being pregnant or after), Jif Creamy Peanut Butter whole jars by the spoonful.
    Sleep Eating - unknown amounts of foods
  • scookbey
    scookbey Posts: 84 Member
    Sugar and Bread are the BIG two for me...In my college years, sugar, sugar, sugar and every meal pretty much consisted of heavy carbs...I'm not consciously trying to fit in macros yet but I will get there!
  • starryphoenix
    starryphoenix Posts: 381 Member
    At least it wasn't a COSTCO pizza 2 times a week. You would have been totally screwed then. Those things taste like heaven, but one whole pizza is over 4000 calories.

I forgot this and ate a quarter of one on Tuesday. Lucky I am a fitness freak / gym rat.
  • Train4Foodz
    Train4Foodz Posts: 4,298 Member
    edited February 2015
    I used to order a pizza from my local takeaway every couple/few days (depending, week on week). This Pizza would be HUGE, 15" Extra Cheese, loaded with chilli sauce, donner meat (likely 3 large kebabs worth). The delivery driver used to laugh about how heavy it was and how much I must love it to order it so much! (At a rough guess given what I know now about content, I would estimate the colories in said pizza to be well over 5000-6000.. with the loaded cheese and seemingly limitless kebab meat)
    Although I know those times weren't great for me, I see some 'eating contests' now where peopel take on pizza challenges and quite often think 'at one point I would have definately owned you at this!!'.
    I'd eat the thing in one sitting and sometimes have desert!!

Now, I have a cheat meal once a week or fortnight (whilst mintaining).. During a cut I don't have so many for obvious reasons. On these days, out with greasy local 'cheap as chips' takeaways and in with a dominos pizza! Woop!
  • prettier_me
    prettier_me Posts: 53 Member
    Glad I found this thread. Lately my binging has been worse than it's ever been — milkshakes, bags of m&ms, boxes of hostess treats... it's awful. I feel so helpless! Please add me if you're reading this. I need support :) Thanks !
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    NurseCU wrote: »

Probably? LOL. I could definitely still do this.
  • Kontxesi
    Kontxesi Posts: 86 Member
    So many of these resonate with me.

- an entire pizza in one sitting
    - a whole pint of ice cream at once
    - boxes/bags of cookies disappearing before I knew what happened
    - at least one 20 oz, sometimes two or three, of soda a day
    - a whole box of Kraft mac and cheese by myself
    - half a box of pasta at once
    - no can of frosting was safe from me; mom started making it from scratch because I always ate what she bought
    - Nutella/peanut butter by the spoonful. I still can't keep either in the house.
    - potato weakness
    - looking at buffets as a challenge
    - a whole pan of brownies in one night (or just the bowl of batter)
    - cheeeeeeeeeeeese! I can't keep block cheese because it disappears. It's harder to eat it when I get it shredded.
    - Tostitos, another thing I can't keep around. I will sit down with a party bag and it disappears with no problem

It's good to see I'm not alone in this stuff, I guess. I makes me sad that all of these are still things I would love to do. The pan of brownies is speaking to me right now.