What was your one little victory today that deserves acknowledgement?

Options

Replies

• Jolinia
    Jolinia Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Was dragging a bit today, but the ice melted off the roads and I took my bike out for a short ride anyway. Now I feel so much better!
  • Nottafattie
    Nottafattie Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Been snowed in with the 5 kids (and their v-day candy) for days. Haven't gone insane, or stole any sweets when they weren't looking.
  • natboosh69
    natboosh69 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Thinking about having sausage and chips (fries) for dinner the whole way home (which would involve a lot of bread, cheese and mayo), and deciding to stay good at the last minute and having fish and salad :)
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    My yoga class was cancelled so I went to a bootcamp class instead!
  • lizzocat
    lizzocat Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I didn't get upset when I didn't lose weight and went over my calories. Just started fresh today instead of letting it deter me
  • Yourebeautiful2day
    Options
    I turned down buttered cornbread today. Major breakthrough here!!
  • Schenjena
    Schenjena Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I had attended a birthday lunch with a group of co-workers -Indian buffet. For once I managed to eat sensibly and stay on track. Chose healthiest options, ate slowly and had very small portions. When I was tempted to hit the buffet for more I made myself sip water and wait a few mins. It worked - I was satiated and proud of my ability to eat out and not go crazy!!
  • FedGirlUSA
    FedGirlUSA Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I had two small victories today, but in my eyes they were huge, haha. Woke up at 6 am and walked two miles. Then tonight, family ate ice cream and I didn't. Whoop!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I smelled the Tim Horton's pastries and then I bought a fruit cup instead.
  • bjb561
    bjb561 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I only had 1 thin mint when some one left a box at work. Just 1 and not 1 whole sleeve. Oh yeah and I even logged it
  • lauren13stone
    lauren13stone Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I resisted the craving for mcdonalds. Chicken nuggets fries and a coke to be exact. As I passed the restaurant i felt very proud of myself. It's all about the little victories!
  • Yourebeautiful2day
    Options
    I had to bake a cake today for a function and I didn't eat gobs and gobs of frosting while I was decorating the cake.
  • JordisTSM
    JordisTSM Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Today was my daughters once a month pizza day, I decided to just order a chicken & bacon salad for myself. They threw in a free garlic bread, which is something I would normally inhale, but the neighbourhood birds got it instead :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I rested my hand on my thigh and realized I couldn't feel any cellulite.
  • jouttie
    jouttie Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I am SO proud of myself for not drinking alcohol on "exercise days". Last night after circuit training the group went for dinner. I ordered an alcohol-free Weissbier. When you consider that my earlier nickname was The Weissbier Queen, that is some achievement! I swear that the decrease in alcohol is the main reason behind losing 22kg so far - with 8kg to go. Well done to everyone for getting over their demons!
  • bbandme
    bbandme Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    bbandme wrote: »
    jennylea70 wrote: »
    I was walking on the treadmill and for the last two minutes I jogged. Doesn't sound like much but I've never been able to jog or run at all!

I saw the thread title and came on here to say exactly the same as you! I joined the gym three weeks ago and today was doing my normal ten minutes on the treadmill and decided to try for a one minute jog. It was easier than I thought and I managed to do two minutes. It absolutely made my day :smile:

That was me ten days ago ... today I jogged 9 minutes on the treadmill SO PROUD!! :)

And today I have managed 15 minutes and done a whole mile :smiley: Ridiculously slowly but I don't care, I'm chuffed to bits :smile:
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I started to think I might pass my pt training this weekend.
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Strange victory: we went out for dinner last night at a little casual pub that serves all kinds of sandwiches, including a club on croissant, which is my favorite. I searched for something healthier with less calories but knew I would be disappointed. So ... I just went ahead and ordered what I wanted but only ate half of it. I put half in a box before I even started. I didn't feel cheated and the calories - while high - weren't crazy high. I can't say I didn't eye that box a few times, though. ;) One of my boys will be happy today with the leftover.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I woke up.
  • ncfitbit
    ncfitbit Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    jennylea70 wrote: »
    I was walking on the treadmill and for the last two minutes I jogged. Doesn't sound like much but I've never been able to jog or run at all!

I saw the thread title and came on here to say exactly the same as you! I joined the gym three weeks ago and today was doing my normal ten minutes on the treadmill and decided to try for a one minute jog. It was easier than I thought and I managed to do two minutes. It absolutely made my day :smile:

That was me ten days ago ... today I jogged 9 minutes on the treadmill SO PROUD!! :)

And today I have managed 15 minutes and done a whole mile :smiley: Ridiculously slowly but I don't care, I'm chuffed to bits :smile:

Keep going! That was me a few months ago and I remember the day I ran a full 20 minutes I broke down and cried! Are you using any running app? I loved my "Get Running App". I ran my first 5K in December and will run a four miler in April.