I need clean eating motivation and friends!

Options

Replies

• ChipChocolatePancake
    Options
    Wow, lots of rude people on here...obviously the OP didn't intend to insult anyone, so perhaps everyone should chill out? Anyways, OP, I'm not exactly a clean eater, but I do really try my hardest to not eat processed stuff/fast food, and I often make my own (healthier?) versions of things...haha homemade chocolate may not be any healthier than store-bought, but at least I can guarantee there are no insect legs in it!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Wow, lots of rude people on here...obviously the OP didn't intend to insult anyone, so perhaps everyone should chill out? Anyways, OP, I'm not exactly a clean eater, but I do really try my hardest to not eat processed stuff/fast food, and I often make my own (healthier?) versions of things...haha homemade chocolate may not be any healthier than store-bought, but at least I can guarantee there are no insect legs in it!

Idk, OP came back and didn't seem in the least concerned that she insulted people.

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Except the friend who ate cookie dough.
  • juliedee20
    juliedee20 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'll be your friend! I'm sorry there were so many negative responses when you were just looking for some ideas and support for eating healthier. Some people just love to be negative and combative for some reason. I don't understand that attitude but I've learned to ignore people like that and focus on what is healthier--like good food and a positive attitude! I am trying to eat healthy and "clean" and I succeed most days, eating fresh fruits, veggies, lean meats, and whole grains. I stay away from processed foods, convenience meals and snacks, and anything that has a list of ingredients I don't recognize or can barely pronounce. Do I cheat sometimes? Yeah, I'll order the Chicken Alfredo (with the dreaded white flour pasta) for that rare meal out, for example. It hasn't killed me yet but it sure is hard to log it into my tracker--a day's worth of calories in one meal? Ouch! I also do what "rand486" does and prepare my week's worth of meals every Sunday. I quoted his post because it was worth repeating and he sounds like a very knowledgeable, positive person, someone who would be an asset to your quest for healthy (clean) eating. Good luck!!

rand486 wrote: »
    I prep a week's worth of food and freeze most of it, every Sunday.

It barely takes me over an hour these days - I have it all down to an assembly line.

Veggie prep takes the most time, but I do it all at once, for snacks, as well as meals. Then I can just toss everything into whatever I'm cooking, and bag/container the rest as snacks.

Slow cookers are your friend, and chicken can be roasted with all sorts of different flavours (lemon, dry spices, balsamic, red wine vinegar, sriracha/hot sauce...)

It's actually really straight forward. Let me know if you want some "mass cooking" ideas, and I'll get into specifics.

• neurex
    neurex Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    ...haha homemade chocolate may not be any healthier than store-bought, but at least I can guarantee there are no insect legs in it!

You make chocolate from cocoa beans?

• foursirius
    foursirius Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I'd say lots of people wash their food so go clean eating.
  • LizN63
    LizN63 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    haha homemade chocolate may not be any healthier than store-bought, but at least I can guarantee there are no insect legs in it!

I dunno, insect legs are probably good sources of protein, and surely 'clean'?

• Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    J72FIT wrote: »
    Just think how pissed off the "clean eaters" are going to be 20 - 40 years from now (or whatever number gets them to the golden years) when they realize, it was all for nothing...

If eating high quality food is a major regret as you are lying on your deathbed, what a sad, empty life that must have been! That probably won't crack the top 5,000 things I'll have on my mind during the last moments of my life...
  • jessupbrady
    jessupbrady Posts: 508 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    ...haha homemade chocolate may not be any healthier than store-bought, but at least I can guarantee there are no insect legs in it!
    Damn; I'm not advanced enough to making my own chocolate (I do custom order it as I am not a found of what you find in the store)
    I am boiling milk as I type this to make my own caramel... but, dang that milk was processed and canned. The pecans are definitely processed somehow in order to get in that bag. I guess three strikes I'm out and I'll have to eat my "home made" turtles alone.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    LizN63 wrote: »
    haha homemade chocolate may not be any healthier than store-bought, but at least I can guarantee there are no insect legs in it!

I dunno, insect legs are probably good sources of protein, and surely 'clean'?
    There are no guarantee's, especially in a product that comes from a climate that is insect flush.

• J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    runner475 wrote: »
    Just think how pissed off the "clean eaters" are going to be 20 - 40 years from now (or whatever number gets them to the golden years) when they realize, it was all for nothing...

Actually you are wrong here. I'll explain why - once we leave certain foods from our diet we pretty much don't care about them.

I stopped eating ice cream when I was I think 14 - 15 years old. I would get severe chest congestion. The doc asked me to stop eating it for some time because they wanted to pin point the cause of these flares. Ice cream was the reason.

Anyway fast forward to 2015, I don't miss it one bit. It's been 28 years I haven't eaten ice cream.

I agree with you in a case of a medical issue, where you just can't eat a food without an adverse reaction. The instance I am referencing are groups who avoid certain foods because they think it will make them healthier and or better then the rest of us.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    bw_conway wrote: »

If eating high quality food is a major regret as you are lying on your deathbed, what a sad, empty life that must have been! That probably won't crack the top 5,000 things I'll have on my mind during the last moments of my life...

Must be great being such a special snowflake...

• GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options

Actually you are wrong here. I'll explain why - once we leave certain foods from our diet we pretty much don't care about them.

I stopped eating ice cream when I was I think 14 - 15 years old. I would get severe chest congestion. The doc asked me to stop eating it for some time because they wanted to pin point the cause of these flares. Ice cream was the reason.

Anyway fast forward to 2015, I don't miss it one bit. It's been 28 years I haven't eaten ice cream.

Glad it worked that way for you. I have some foods I'm highly allergic to, and there's still times I really want them even though I haven't had them in over 15 years. Luckily ice cream is not one :)
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options

Idk, OP came back and didn't seem in the least concerned that she insulted people.

She seemed pretty proud of insulting her friends, and tried to insult others in here multiple times during the thread.

Homemade chocolate?
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    Whittedo wrote: »
    I am a clean eater. I shower everyday and wash my hands before every meal. To the cookie dough and pizza bingers who justify their behaviour by "keeping within their calorie goal" I ask a simple question: How long do you think that I would live if all I ate was 1.5 cups of white sugar everyday? It is exactly my calorie requirement so I have to assume from some of the posts here that it would be perfectly acceptable.

Please point out any one post that has suggested anyone is binge eating on cookie dough and or pizza??

Anyone recommending eating in moderation has not a single one time said they were binging or eating their ENTIRE daily calorie goal in that fashion regularly.

Reading comprehension- not your strong suit it seems.

Now I want cookie dough!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

what a sad, sad existence that must be….
  • Liftng4Lis
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    I'm not really sure what happened tonight.

I think I have caught the diabeetus though.
    20150220_212222_zpsh7qbcesb.jpg

This is what I love bout you!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Options
    andreamaym wrote: »
    I ate 600 calories worth of chocolate last night. I don't think we could be friends.

Oh, but you're right up MY alley!
  • CignaSi
    CignaSi Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Look people..she stated she needed inspirational clean eating friends since that is her goal. Insulting her for not being like you says more about you, then her. Let's lift up, and not knock down. We are all in this together with different goals. If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all. It is counterproductive to this site's goal, which is to help one another.