I need clean eating motivation and friends!

Options

Replies

• SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    SconnieCat wrote: »
    I'm in to bunch everyone in this thread's panties. It's okay. I'll be gentle.

I, for one, welcome our new panty bunching overlords. Especially if they all have banging abs like yours! :heart_eyes:

:blush:
    2irxg5w.jpg

Wanna come play gelato fortress??!?!

I want in the fortress! Can we join ours together
    2zog3fo.jpg

Jeni's!!!! Oh I love you something fierce. I used to live in Columbus and I'm pretty sure I kept them in business during my stay there.

Love Jeni's they deliver :)

YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH. Seriously?

They just opened a location in Chicago.... I don't know if they deliver though. Or do they ship?!

Brb. going to the website to drool and have gelatogasms.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

I, for one, welcome our new panty bunching overlords. Especially if they all have banging abs like yours! :heart_eyes:

2irxg5w.jpg

2zog3fo.jpg

Her's will always be better, though, because of the Konoha headband.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    marshrowan wrote: »
    Femisfit wrote: »
    Bahahaha aww I hurt people's feelings! High horse? Haha whatever helps folks feel better. I'm not the problem. I have goals and I am going for them...that's what I use this app for. I want like minded on my feed not binge eaters! I could care less what my neighbor or best friend eats..Except when I cheat with them!! This is a fitness app, sorry folks but if I don't want people who eat cake and cry about not loosing weight or gaining muscle. Cool! I'm making my own little Internet world. Peace out angry Internet trolls!

I agree people get soo upset when you mention clean eating!! don't know why they get soo judgy when that is some ones goal!!

What is clean eating?

That's one of the problems.

So far as I can tell, clean eating means "how I, a self-proclaimed clean eater, eats" and not a clean eater means "in a way that I, a self proclaimed, clean eater disapproves of."

IMO, discussing eating healthfully would make more sense than "eating clean" (which is really just a trendy term for who knows what--like I said, people can quite reasonably CHOOSE to include processed food items like yogurt BECAUSE they think they contribute to the healthfulness of their diets). However, even if we discuss eating healthfully, you have to accept that people are going to have different ideas about what that means. My red meat and potatoes and wheat examples upthread, for instance. Like I choose not to eat meat substitutes but think red meat is fine. Someone else might make the opposite choice. Seems dumb for us to judge each other about that or decide that because we disagree on that we can't encourage each other or have ways of eating from which the other might get some ideas.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Bahahaha aww I hurt people's feelings! High horse? Haha whatever helps folks feel better. I'm not the problem. I have goals and I am going for them...that's what I use this app for. I want like minded on my feed not binge eaters! I could care less what my neighbor or best friend eats..Except when I cheat with them!! This is a fitness app, sorry folks but if I don't want people who eat cake and cry about not loosing weight or gaining muscle. Cool! I'm making my own little Internet world. Peace out angry Internet trolls!

I agree people get soo upset when you mention clean eating!! don't know why they get soo judgy when that is some ones goal!!

O.o

Ummm, so what do you call the OP?
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    bw_conway wrote: »
    Carefully read the title of the thread: "I need clean eating motivation and friends!" So if you aren't a clean eater, how can you reasonably crash this thread and then claim to be offended by it, since you weren't the intended audience? Yeah, you're here to argue and shut it down.

Who are you to say we aren't clean eaters? Under the definition and examples given in this thread, it seems like everyone here is.

+1
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options

See I like finding friends that can eat cake and lose weight all at the same time.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    Motivation to eat clean?
    How about googling to learn the effects of food poisoning, or bacterial contamination?
    Pretty nasty stuff. Highly motivating.
  • HeidiHirtle
    HeidiHirtle Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    That's it, I'm adding you as a friend right now! B)

• GiveMeCoffee
    Options

2irxg5w.jpg

2zog3fo.jpg

Jeni's!!!! Oh I love you something fierce. I used to live in Columbus and I'm pretty sure I kept them in business during my stay there.

Love Jeni's they deliver :)

YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH. Seriously?

They just opened a location in Chicago.... I don't know if they deliver though. Or do they ship?!

Brb. going to the website to drool and have gelatogasms.

LOL Yea ship damn multi-tasking fail
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    PikaKnight wrote: »

O.o

Ummm, so what do you call the OP?

Her judging was much cleaner than our judging. You really should just embrace the clean judging way of life.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    Options

2irxg5w.jpg

2zog3fo.jpg

I agree!
  • HeidiHirtle
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    Serah87 wrote: »
    Carefully read the title of the thread: "I need clean eating motivation and friends!" So if you aren't a clean eater, how can you reasonably crash this thread and then claim to be offended by it, since you weren't the intended audience? Yeah, you're here to argue and shut it down.

You must have reading comprehension issues, OP's tittle and her first post are 2 different things. I suggest reading her first post. ;)

I literally copied the name of the message thread and pasted it in my post above. Does that sound like a reading comprehension issue? ;)

Be fair- you can copy and paste anything without reading it.

But it also doesn't answer the question that you read her actual POST.

Yes - but that isn't my point.

It would be like me reading a "I need vegetarian eating motivation and friends!" message header, and even though I'm not a vegetarian, I click it anyways, and then I read the initial post and it is degrading to meat-eaters, and then I get offended, and have to post a bunch of negative comments about the OP. Huh?? Uhhh, if I wasn't a vegetarian in the first place, why do I choose to click on a vegetarian friends MB, and furthermore, how can you reasonably get offended by it? People are just looking for any excuse to 1) get offended and 2) argue.
    The voice of reason...how refreshing! You rock!

• Phoenix_Down
    Phoenix_Down Posts: 530 Member
    Options

2irxg5w.jpg

2zog3fo.jpg

I've always loved you...

Sorry that came out creepy
    2motgmb.jpgimg

Frosch thinks so, too.
  • irejuvenateme
    irejuvenateme Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I would love to just have cookie dough but it's not worth how I would feel - I try to eat pretty clean, feel free to add me - I reached my goal and now trying to maintain and get stronger.
  • BABetter1
    BABetter1 Posts: 618 Member
    Options

You must have reading comprehension issues, OP's tittle and her first post are 2 different things. I suggest reading her first post. ;)

I literally copied the name of the message thread and pasted it in my post above. Does that sound like a reading comprehension issue? ;)

It would be like me reading a "I need vegetarian eating motivation and friends!" message header, and even though I'm not a vegetarian, I click it anyways, and then I read the initial post and it is degrading to meat-eaters, and then I get offended, and have to post a bunch of negative comments about the OP. Huh?? Uhhh, if I wasn't a vegetarian in the first place, why do I choose to click on a vegetarian friends MB, and furthermore, how can you reasonably get offended by it? People are just looking for any excuse to 1) get offended and 2) argue.

Er ma gerd!!! Watch out, Heidi!!! Here comes the flying poo!!!
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options

2irxg5w.jpg

2zog3fo.jpg

I want in either, holy shiz <3
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Just think how pissed off the "clean eaters" are going to be 20 - 40 years from now (or whatever number gets them to the golden years) when they realize, it was all for nothing...
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    I would love to just have cookie dough but it's not worth how I would feel - I try to eat pretty clean, feel free to add me - I reached my goal and now trying to maintain and get stronger.
    You mean feels of happiness, right?!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options

I clicked on it because I eat in a way that many who are "clean" eaters would consider "clean" (although I dislike the term, which is silly). Therefore, I thought I might have something to say. I like sharing ideas about vegetables and cooking whole foods and such. I find it bizarre that many self-labeled clean eaters seem to think that only those who self-label as "clean" would have something of interest to contribute on these topics--as I noted upthread, only someone who really isn't experienced with cooking would think you need special "clean eating" recipes to get ideas about how to cook with whole foods. That's what essentially all normal recipes are.

(I think this comes through pretty clearly on my first post here, although I also commented on the discussion of someone else's diary and why people were reacting negatively to that.)
  • HeidiHirtle
    Options
    bgorum wrote: »

Er ma gerd!!! Watch out, Heidi!!! Here comes the flying poo!!!
    Bring it on!

Actually no, I don't particularly like poo. B)