I need clean eating motivation and friends!

Options

Replies

• GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    eveedance wrote: »
    OP. here is motivation in answer to your question

http://www.nature.com/ejcn/journal/v63/n8/full/ejcn20094a.html

How does that answer the question on how to judge our friend's diaries?
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

It doesn't. I'm guessing someone just found that link and thought it was "ground breaking" so they had to post it, regardless on if it makes sense.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    PikaKnight wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    herrspoons wrote: »
    Good to see all the 'clean' eaters friending each other so they can commiserate with each other when most of them crack, binge, and fail to meet their goals.

The rest of us will continue to enjoy cookies and pizza whilst losing fat.

Carry on carrying on, everyone.

They'll probably just make threads complaining about each other when this happens. Then when asked about it, they'll be all, "NO, I wasn't talking about you! No one is perfect! However, did you not read the label on that cookie dough you ate the other day? I mean, it should be ILLEGAL to put all those preservatives in there. Botulism is natural!"

don't forget all the evil added sugars...

and baking soda...(or was it baking powder?) :laugh:

It was baking soda. That evil, evil sodium bicarbonate...

• BABetter1
    BABetter1 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    bgorum wrote: »
    Pretty sure the OP was using what she thought was an exaggeration, LOL. Oh my, how the panties bunched!! LOL!!

I'm glad you understand exactly what the OP was trying to say, since she hasn't been back to offer more insight on how to do this right.

*hears the sounds of panties bunching*
    HA, HA, it just gets better and better. I was just stating my opinion, like everyone else.
  • eveedance
    Options

It doesn't. I didn't approve of the judgement part. I should have clarified. The article was supposed to address the title of the thread, not the subject matter of the original post.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Lezavargas wrote: »
    Rule number 1 about MFP...and it is a great tool...If you are new and ask a simple question out of not being familiar with the process, be prepared to be skewered for all angles...And yes this happens all the time...The high horses are the successful people who make a new person feel like crap. Answering a question with a question is perhaps the biggest culprit, just to prove a point.

Soooo truuuue!!! I was shocked by the venom that came out with the first post I put on here. Never suspected in a million years that I would catch so much flack for trying to make a heathy change in my life. But, despite all the haters, i found a great support group and we are adding more all the time!

You mean the thread where you implied that anyone who fed their kids processed foods was a terrible parent? Yeah I have no idea why people would be sensitive to that...

• GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure the OP was using what she thought was an exaggeration, LOL. Oh my, how the panties bunched!! LOL!!

I'm glad you understand exactly what the OP was trying to say, since she hasn't been back to offer more insight on how to do this right.

*hears the sounds of panties bunching*
    HA, HA, it just gets better and better. I was just stating my opinion, like everyone else.

You really should work on better expressing your opinion as panties bunching doesn't even remotely fit.

Your opinion is judging those on your friend's list is perfectly acceptable. So, question after reading your profile why did you fall off the wagon? Are you making it too difficult? Maybe if you had eaten cookie dough for lunch once in awhile you wouldn't have...
  • BABetter1
    Options
    :p panties bunching doesn't even remotely fit

LOL!!! I'm in tears! Was that on purpose?!!
  • Phoenix_Down
    Phoenix_Down Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I'm in to bunch everyone in this thread's panties. It's okay. I'll be gentle.
  • BABetter1
    Options
    Ok, alright, I had to wipe my tears. So, now you are judging how I express my opinion, and then telling me my opinion. Well, aren't we just a little ray of sunshine. Can someone pass a Snickers to GiveMeCoffee?
  • Femisfit
    Femisfit Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Bahahaha aww I hurt people's feelings! High horse? Haha whatever helps folks feel better. I'm not the problem. I have goals and I am going for them...that's what I use this app for. I want like minded on my feed not binge eaters! I could care less what my neighbor or best friend eats..Except when I cheat with them!! This is a fitness app, sorry folks but if I don't want people who eat cake and cry about not loosing weight or gaining muscle. Cool! I'm making my own little Internet world. Peace out angry Internet trolls!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    SconnieCat wrote: »
    RivenV wrote: »
    RivenV wrote: »
    emily_stew wrote: »
    I had Oreos and coffee for breakfast today. I was in a hurry, I'm having a stressful week and it made me happy. I'm still on track to be under my calorie goal for the day. Haterz gonna hate!
    Edit: 2 Oreos. Not the whole box. Because moderation.

I just saw they have cookie dough stuffed oreos, I need to find these but until then I will suffer with cookie dough ice cream

What if... you put a little brownie batter into the bottom of muffin cups and put a cookie dough covered cookie dough oreo on top of the batter, and baked it? ... And then served it with cookie dough flavored ice cream with pieces of cookie dough in it... ?

Oh I need to try this! Think you may have given me my baking project for the weekend

Pics or it didn't happen! ;)<3

I've been meaning to try it, but I just haven't had the time, you know? I was in a serious baking mood last weekend, wink wink, but I made a blackberry pie instead. I regret nothing!

There will be pics! Last weekend was the cake and the dozen cupcakes I need someone to eat!

Once upon a time I gave my friends Diabetes with these Reese Cup, Cookie Dough Brownie Cupcake things I made.

You press store-bought cookie dough to the bottoms of a cupcake tin about 1/4 of the way up. Top with an upside down Reese cup, and then top THAT off with brownie batter (about 3/4 of the way up). Bake for 15-18 minutes in a preheated 350 degree oven.

It's heaven.

So I kept trying to read after this... I made it another page- and I gave up.

Because this- this is where my heart is.

OP- you're wrong.

Sconnie here has shown us the light.

Praise be to the mighty Sconnie and her delicious desserts.

I have a dance event this weekend- I'll be making these.

You don't make them inside cupcake papers do you? just straight inside the cupcake tin right?
  • Phoenix_Down
    Options
    Femisfit wrote: »
    Bahahaha aww I hurt people's feelings! High horse? Haha whatever helps folks feel better. I'm not the problem. I have goals and I am going for them...that's what I use this app for. I want like minded on my feed not binge eaters! I could care less what my neighbor or best friend eats..Except when I cheat with them!! This is a fitness app, sorry folks but if I don't want people who eat cake and cry about not loosing weight or gaining muscle. Cool! I'm making my own little Internet world. Peace out angry Internet trolls!

Yeah... I mean, look at what happened to me when I eat in moderation and occasionally eat half a pan worth of brownies...

9ab8zo.jpg

Aaaand I don't cheat, everything counts. Enjoy your own world, hope there's flowers there. And unicorns
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Femisfit wrote: »

OP, you are a delight.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Carefully read the title of the thread: "I need clean eating motivation and friends!" So if you aren't a clean eater, how can you reasonably crash this thread and then claim to be offended by it, since you weren't the intended audience? Yeah, you're here to argue and shut it down.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options

I, for one, welcome our new panty bunching overlords. Especially if they all have banging abs like yours! :heart_eyes:
  • Aerinity
    Aerinity Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    rand486 wrote: »
    I prep a week's worth of food and freeze most of it, every Sunday.

It barely takes me over an hour these days - I have it all down to an assembly line.

Veggie prep takes the most time, but I do it all at once, for snacks, as well as meals. Then I can just toss everything into whatever I'm cooking, and bag/container the rest as snacks.

Slow cookers are your friend, and chicken can be roasted with all sorts of different flavours (lemon, dry spices, balsamic, red wine vinegar, sriracha/hot sauce...)

It's actually really straight forward. Let me know if you want some "mass cooking" ideas, and I'll get into specifics.

I would love some "mass cooking" ideas! I mass cook chicken about twice a week, but I've stuck with some really generic recipes and basically eat almost the same thing every day unless I go out to lunch or dinner with a friend.
  • Phoenix_Down
    edited February 2015
    Options

I, for one, welcome our new panty bunching overlords. Especially if they all have banging abs like yours! :heart_eyes:

:blush:
    2irxg5w.jpg

Wanna come play gelato fortress??!?!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    bw_conway wrote: »
    Carefully read the title of the thread: "I need clean eating motivation and friends!" So if you aren't a clean eater, how can you reasonably crash this thread and then claim to be offended by it, since you weren't the intended audience? Yeah, you're here to argue and shut it down.

You must have reading comprehension issues, OP's tittle and her first post are 2 different things. I suggest reading her first post. ;)
  • Femisfit
    Femisfit Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    And I never changed my settings? So no idea what you all are talking about.. Man I didn't think this post would get so many responses. I put "right" in quotations... Because it's subjective.

Also I didn't say any back story lol so you all know me from not even two sentences. I also totally exaggerated my reasoning. I haven't been eating clean for months at all. Or even working out. My high horse gets kind of hard to get back on sometimes ;)