What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• whatang
    whatang Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I ran 10k for the first time today, and did it in less than an hour :) When I went for my first run on December 28th I only managed a mile before I had to stop, being able to run over 6 nonstop seemed impossible. Like, wildest fantasy impossible.

Getting fitter motivates me to stick to the weight loss, losing weight makes the exercise more fun. Win win!
  • lieajane
    lieajane Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    My NSV - My Mum commented today that I needed to stop losing weight. I'm actually still in the overweight category according to BMI and BF%.

Funny, this doesn't feel like a victory. I was quite upset by it. :(
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Had to tighten the strap on my hr monitor :D
  • Smallc10
    Smallc10 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    My husband took me out to dinner last night and instead of ordering my favorite sandwich with fries and a dr. pepper I ordered a lower calorie sandwich that was almost as good with water and we split fries (he ate most of them). It was nice to still be able to go out to one of our favorite restaurants and I was able to order something that fit in my calories for the day and feel good afterwards!
  • echmainfit619
    echmainfit619 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    For many years I've worn pants with a 40 inch waist. Today I thought I'd see if I could squeeze in to 38. I tried on a pair at the store and they were too big! Had to drop down to a 36!
  • ambermarie143
    ambermarie143 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have 2...went to dinner with the family this week. I ate a big chicken ceasar salad while everyone else had pasta & pizza galore. It didn't bother me a bit. Second my son & I went to Panda Express for lunch today. Usually I get rice/chow mein with 2 sides. Today I got a bowl. I was full! I never needed all the extra food. I ate because it was in front of me.
  • Timby1
    Timby1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    For the first time I jogged 8.53 miles today. It was slow but not as slow as it would have been a few years ago (shoot, a few years ago I would not have been able to do it). Today is my 53rd birthday, so yeah, I'm pretty happy right now.
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Grabbed a pair of panties this morning in the dark. Pulled them up and let go to grab my leggings, the panties fell straight to the floor. Never thought about buying smaller panties.
  • jenmovies
    jenmovies Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    New size of clothing. Bought too much!
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    So so many awesome posts on here! I shoveled very heavy snow for 30 minutes yesterday...no way I could have lasted that long 2 years ago! I actually, kind of, sort of, almost enjoyed it, if that's possible!
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Improved my 5 mile run time again yesterday. Since my first 5 mile training run on 2/8/15 I've decreased my average pace per mile by 14 seconds per mile. It doesn't seem like much but around this time last year I was easily 2 min/mile slower. I need to find my old notebook with my timing in it...
  • JenNicole11
    JenNicole11 Posts: 1,834 Member
    Options
    I have baby quad muscles :smile:
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    I did a mile in 13 minutes. I know it is not good for most, but for me it is amazing. A year ago I could barely walk a mile now I can run/walk in 13 mins. Feels amazing.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I ran 10 miles on Saturday for the first time ever. Two years ago, I couldn't run 30 seconds. This past week I ran 28 miles.
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    After too many failed "diet and exercise plans," I realized the fat was from habitually eating too much high calorie food, and began to focus on habits. It's been a slow and frustrating process. I don't make food or weight loss a topic of conversation except online or with another fellow dieter.

My family and I were at a restaurant the other day and I ordered the healthiest thing on the menu, and my baby said, "why do you always order that? You always order that when we come here." Made my day, because I realized some of my eating habits have changed to the extent that my small kids have been taking note of it.
  • tmove2015
    tmove2015 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    my skinny's are getting loose and my back/side rolls are slimming down so my tops are fitting nicer!
  • 0505jen
    0505jen Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I reached my healthy waist to height measurement, this is a big one for me!
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    And another one. H asked me if I knew how bad my pants looked (jeggings practically falling off). I pulled them up and mentioned I needed to buy smaller pants. :)
  • rbentrup81
    rbentrup81 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Tried on clothes that haven't fit in years :) Plus at the gym today my workout pants were falling down!
  • MezaEza
    MezaEza Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Bought a new pair of jeans that are a size smaller than my last ones. And they look fantastic on!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!