What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• lauramegan28
    lauramegan28 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    MKEgal wrote: »
    Had 700+ extra calories to eat to reach my net goal, so had a mars bar and ENJOYED it without feeling guilty! Sounds ridiculous, but that was the first guilt free chocolate I have had in over 4 years!!!
    me wrote:
    You do know you don't have to reach the net goal MFP sets, right?
    And that MFP overestimates calories burned? Safer not to eat them back, or only have 1/3 to 1/2 once in a while.
    MKEgal I think your comment to Rodderick89 was kind of rude she is proud of her accomplishment and treated herself she doesn't need you to tell her how things work if she has been eating back her exercise calories and is still losing weight then it is working for her. Nobody cares for a know it all!
    assault wrote:
    I'm glad someone else picked up on that. This is a 'victories' thread. Please don't bring down someone else's accomplishment regardless of it you think it is a success or not.
    How was I taking away from her treating herself & enjoying her candy?
    She probably only had about 1/2 of those 700 calories, and it sounds like this is a rare thing, which is what I recommended. (Actually, my doctor & dietician said not to eat back ANY exercise calories.)

And I've seen so many people here (usually newbies) who don't understand. Most appreciate knowing how MFP works, including the errors, so they can be successful. Sorry you don't see the value in knowing the truth. Maybe after you've been here a while you might.
    BTW, the ad hominems should stop. Attacks are not appropriate.

51637601.png

No one personally attacked you (ad hominem). We were just stating that this is to boost people up and your reply didn't do that I wasn't the only one who disagreed with what you posted. Maybe its the way you worded it, but if someone needs help or isn't losing weight they will post that in another thread looking for advice this wasn't one of those threads. Just saying. Have a blessed day sorry you got so offended.
  • dayrae02
    dayrae02 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I can cross my legs under my desk at work! My knee is smack up against the desktop, but still... :p
  • LisaGaimadi
    LisaGaimadi Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Put on pants that I've not been able to wear in over a year, and I don't have muffin top over them! (And someone noticed that my pants look big!) Made my day!
  • Lalalindaloo
    Lalalindaloo Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Last night after my nieces went to bed, I tried on my 16 yo niece's size 7 American Eagle skinny jeans. Not only did they look good, the waist was a little big and I WAS WEARING SKINNY JEANS. That was amazeballs.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    I finally lost a half inch off my hips, after a month of measuring. Even better, because the inches are slipping off my waist at a more impressive rate, the waist:hip ration is coming down steadily.
  • StrongHealthyPowerful
    Options
    drklib wrote: »
    In mid-October I dislocated a rib which totally set me back from working out and running (my rib kept slipping out of place after having it re-set by my chiropractor so I had to wait to be cleared to start working out again). Earlier in November I started out small by going for 2 mile walks with some inclines. This week I finally felt up to hitting the treadmill and restarting my Couch to 5K program. I managed to do the 60 second intervals at 6 mph and not feel completely exhausted after each interval. I completed the 30 minute exercise and followed it with 30 sit-ups. I've never been a runner so this totally excited me

Drklib, I feel like we are in very similar places. I was running this whole summer (finished the c25k in June, then kept going), but in October I pulled a muscle and everything screeched to a halt. Just got back on the treadmill last week for the first time without pain (well, none that shouldn't have been there. haha). I'm lost some major ground, but it's good to get back into the swing of things. Now to build up my speed again!
  • astrose00
    astrose00 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    epido wrote: »
    I had someone tell me today what an inspiration I have been to them, and the reason they started on their own weight loss journey was because they have seen how successful I have been. In the past 2 months, they have lost 10 pounds, and even when things have been hard for them, they keep going because they want to have the same type of success I have had.

It's not the first time I have had someone tell me how inspiring I have been since starting this journey, but I still just can't get used to the idea of me being an inspiration to others. I always tell them "thank you" but feel a bit at odds about if I should say anything else.

Still, it's cool to hear that I have been having that sort of effect on the people around me!

You should tell them what you just told us in your last sentence!!! Congrats on your weightloss!
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options
    I'm wearing one of my teenage daughters hand-me-down shirts from Aeropostale. And instead of grazing at the cookie table here at work, I went for a rapid walk around the building.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I'm learning to dance.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    I had gotten too big to use my homemade hoop. The hoop to waist ratio made it soooo hard and I couldn't keep going at all. Today I got out the hoop and swoop swoop, I only dropped it when I was trying to do fancy stuff, I never just lost control of it from my waist :)
  • 0505jen
    0505jen Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I bought a sweater yesterday I wanted to wear it with leggings/skinny jeans so I thought the extra large would be fine. My daughter said no way it's huge, more like a medium
  • LazyButHealthy
    LazyButHealthy Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Ok, my first one is that i've noticed in recent photos I don't have a bit obvious double chin!

I mean, i still have one, i know, but not in the photos.. so my face must be slimming a bit
  • Pandapotato
    Pandapotato Posts: 68 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I joined a gym today and have filled out my calendar with classes and workout days. This may seem like no big deal but I've never joined a public gym (had them occasionally in apartment complexes), and walking in intimidates me.
  • arrrrjt
    arrrrjt Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Someone saw my license and said it "did me no favours at all". Win!
  • Limeycat
    Limeycat Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I got a new deadlift PB ... 90 kg 1RM, up from 72.5kg. Love lifting heavy!! :-)
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    3 sets sumo squats with 60 pound weight!
  • LazyButHealthy
    Options
    I think this is one of my favourite threads on THE INTERNET.

Can't stop reading through it all.
    Amazing people.
  • LazyButHealthy
    Options
    99clmsntgr wrote: »
    Early last week in the middle of a tough workout, after squats and burpees, I went to do box jumps on a 24-inch box. I had done them before, just not completely leg-worn like I was at that time.

First jump, barely cleared back before riding down the box on my shins.

"OK, I got this."

Second jump..."Oh, ****." Landed squarely on my knees, perfectly centered on the box. Hadn't been able to mentally get "on the box" since then.

Until today.

Finished my work-out (1 mile warm-up run, 10-9-8...1 count-down reps of burpees and sit-ups, 1 mile cool-down run) and decided I was not going to let the week end without conquering the beast.

10 jumps. 24-inch box. EFF YOU, BOX! I DEFEAT YOU!

And that is today's NSV.

i LOVE this!
  • snowmoon13
    snowmoon13 Posts: 165 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Climbed Absecon Lighthouse
  • LazyButHealthy
    Options
    Went to McDonald's drunk and came out with nothing but a cup of water

haha

I was out very late on Tuesday night, pretty drunk - everyone was heading off to get kebabs and chips. I just turned around, went home, drank water and went to bed.

It's the little things ;)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!