What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• Local_Atlantis
    Local_Atlantis Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I finally (after 7 months and 50lbs down) had enough calories left in the day for my all time favorite desert, which comes in packs of 2. I have been eyeing it in the supermarket for so long.
    In my pre-MFP days, I used to easily eat 3 packs (ie 6 deserts) in one sitting. I bought a pack; pre-logged both and began eating.

The first mouthful was heaven. I was eating so slowly and really savoring the flavors and textures. After a few mouthfuls, I was surprised at how rich and sweet it was. I didn't remember it being that strong. Yet still I enjoyed it so much, and admit that I was literally scraping the bottom with my spoon.
    Time for the second one.
    Then I realised as much as I really enjoyed it, I didn't want another one. It was just too sweet. I spent the remaining calories on something much more savoury.
    So now the second one is sitting in the fridge.

I didn't think I would ever chose not to eat one.
    I didn't think I would ever have the will power to have one sitting in my fridge and not be tempted to eat it. never. like, really - never.

This is amazing!! I did something very similar last week - I think I actually posted it here! Haha. Well done! :smile:
  • hupsii
    hupsii Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I bought some skinny jeans and like them ! Ok, it was the only one that fit in the store (stretchy material) but still happy :-)
  • MachiavelliNZ
    MachiavelliNZ Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I can hardly believe it but today I managed to run 10km. Eight weeks ago I was a sedentary couch potato and somehow this happened. I started walking to work every second day, that turned into walking & jogging... next thing I know: jogging 10km!
  • aSaltandBattery
    aSaltandBattery Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Today I jogged 5k for the 1st time in my life and it was completely for fun. Just a couple days ago I jogged 2 miles and to think in high school I couldn't even finish a quarter mile!
  • Lalalindaloo
    Lalalindaloo Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Wearing a size 6 skirt today. Hellz yeah.
  • beachgod
    beachgod Posts: 567 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I guess mine didn't count after all but I sure didn't think it'd get removed.

p9vu5fqz04bd.jpg

• monie5903
    monie5903 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    My most recent NSV is running 5 miles in 1 hour. I just started running in June and am so proud of myself!
  • monie5903
    monie5903 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Oh yea, and feeling my hip bones. Although my butt hurts rather quickly nowadays, it's an amazing feeling to lay in bed and feel my hip bones, collar bones, etc....lol
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    My orthopedist let me take my knee brace off and said I didn't need my crutches anymore. He also said I don't need physical therapy and can resume all my activities except no high impact and wait on riding my bike for a month. I broke my leg 7 weeks ago. It feels like it's been a year.
  • epido
    epido Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I went to a Christmas party tonight, and didn't go totally overboard on the food. We had taco salad, and then there were desserts. I had a reasonably sized salad, and then a small piece of cake (maybe 1.5"x1.5"), a single brownie bite, and two mini chocolate chip cookies. There was so much other stuff that looked really good, but I chose to not have it, and was completely ok with doing that!
  • epido
    epido Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    And, I totally owned week 5 workout 3 of Zombies, Run 5k today! Total distance for the workout was 7.6 km.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    I did my resistance training workout. Despite all of the excuses I could think of, I went and did...well, something, at least. That is better than crawling into bed when the sun sets at 5 pm. As a matter of fact, I was rewarded with a gorgeous sunset while I was out and about.
  • CynthiasChoice
    CynthiasChoice Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    I returned to my exercise routine today after a few weeks break. I never meant to stop, it just sort of happened. First my knee was stiff, then I was incredibly busy, then it was raining, then I just forgot to plan it.

I had all the excuses playing full volume in my head this morning, but I told them to hush up! It felt somehow liberating to put on my shoes and walk out the door to exercise. I forgot how much I liked it!
  • karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    10 minutes agoo after returning from the gym i ran into one of my closest friend who i haven't seen for about a month and half and she noticess my weightlosss yeiiiiii she's the first person that have notice it and she told me omg you've most have lost at least 20 poundsss (i've only lost 17-18), ohhhhh it felt great to see her excitement :#:# (*)
  • phyllb
    phyllb Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Pipsg1rl wrote: »
    in 2012 I lost 20 lbs and bought a pair of WHBM jeans. (a nice splurge)

in 2013 I started a job in the "corporate" world and let all my hard work go to waste.

Starting again in August of 2013 I began to work again, but not obsessively/hardcore... at a nice pace for me.

Today I'm in those jeans again.

Sweet success.
  • phyllb
    Options
    Not sure what NSV stands for, but I think this fits...but in class the other day I was able to do 15 push ups on my toes with knee tucks and walkouts! I made it through 3 rounds of those along w/ my other various exercises for that round! Yay me!

Woohooo
  • phyllb
    Options
    dianahoo wrote: »
    In September 2011, my brother-in-law was badly injured at the Reno Air Races when one of the planes crashed into the crowd. He was in a coma for 6 weeks, and once he began to come out of the coma, he struggled hugely in trying to do even the simplest things, like sitting up on his own. As I watched him work so hard, I decided to take on a physical task that was a challenge for me. I wanted to honor his amazing attitude and commitment to becoming stronger by doing something that I had never been able to do -- and that was to do a pull-up. A few months later, he was beginning to lift small weights and to exercise regularly. I told him about my commitment to do a pull-up (I was still a long way away), and he challenged me to a race to see who could do one first. I agreed, convinced I would beat him. He was, after all, recovering from a serious brain injury and had also lost most of the fingers on one hand along with the loss of an eye. Happily, Bill managed to do his pull-up about 4 weeks later, in February 2012. Me on the other hand? I continued to struggle. But, I'm proud to announce that I finally did my pull-up about two weeks ago, and I've done several since then. I cried like a baby when I finally accomplished my goal. So, yes, it's a bit sad that it took me 2 1/2 years to do a pull-up, but it's one of my proudest accomplishments ever!

That is a serious accomplishment. Props to tou
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    Saturday I saw someone I hadn't seen in probably close to a year.
    He approached with a somewhat shocked expression, said, "you look great!", then asked how much I've lost.
    :smiley:

Oh, and I've started to try jogging intervals.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    Two weeks ago at the grocery store, there was a promotion for a $10 discount if you spend $75. My total was something like $74 and change, so I grabbed the nearest item -- a Kit Kat bar -- and threw it in so I could get to the total and get my discount.

Normally, something like a Kit Kat bar would've disappeared before I even had a chance to get home. I would've eaten it in the car.

Now, two weeks later, it's still sitting untouched in my pantry. I have not even been tempted once.

(Don't get me wrong, I'm not anti-sweets. It's just that I've preferred to spend my calories on more satisfying snacks and to eat higher quality chocolate in smaller amounts.)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!