What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• hortensehildegarde
    hortensehildegarde Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I finally lost enough weight that no matter how much I eventually end up wanting to lose, from here it will definitely be LESS than 100 pounds! Now if I say I "need to lose about 100 pounds" it will be an exaggeration and not an actual statement!
  • amk165
    amk165 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    My son said he is proud of me for exercising!
    I also bent over and realized I was not uncomfortable!
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Put my gym socks on while standing up!!!
  • ChrissyC1985
    ChrissyC1985 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    a bit of a weird one for me, seeing actual muscle in my arms moving when adjusting my hairdo at the gym. it kinda creeped me out but was awesome at the same time. haha :D
  • jonjhayden
    jonjhayden Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I get up early before work and work out without a second thought. I also didn't work out yesterday and had pizza and didn' shame myself or feel guitly because today is a new day and pizza is okay on occassion.

Those are two great victories! It is awesome when you get into "autopilot mode" and just get up early and don't even think about let alone think of not getting up!

Not shaming yourself for the occasional treat...I still have to work on that one. Good for you.
  • sengalissa
    sengalissa Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    My most recent NSV is taking a selfie with my daughter and seeing dimples again! I have hated how I've looked for so long and I actually don't hate this picture and my dimples are back. Can't remember the last time I saw those, I know it was when a Bush was in office! Even the fact that I was willing to take a selfie is a NSV in itself. I really needed that motivation, too. Have been becoming complacent recently, so thank you God!

What's your recent NSV?

Yesterday, I wanted to stick my phone between my thighs while sitting because I needed my hands free. It fell right through. Should have put it between my knees instead...
  • lauramegan28
    lauramegan28 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Ran up 10 flights of stairs yesterday was still winded but a month ago I wouldn't have made it up two flight without passing out :)
  • emilyasdf
    emilyasdf Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    My tight jeans, you know the ones I have to shimmy and shake and kick to get them past my thunder thighs and big butt, are now sliding up with ease!

Love this! My tight jeans when I was at my heaviest are huge today! That feels great!

But omg, I had a great NSV on Wednesday that when it happened I thought in my head, "this is a nice NSV!" Anyways, there were some items that have been hanging on the coat rack at work for quite a long time and the boss was like if you want any of it, take it. So there was this plaid flannel I tried on and LOVED and it looked awesome. I took it off and looked at the size.. it was a men's SMALL from H&M. There was a point in time when I looked like a stuffed sausage in a unisex XL T-shirt and here I am today fitting into a mens SMALL from not just any store, but H&M!!!
  • AniLandSmiles
    AniLandSmiles Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    About 3 1/2 years ago, I gave birth to my first child. Then, about a year & a half ago, I had my 2nd baby. Before I had children, I was a distance runner and worked out every day. But, from having 2 babies in 2 years, I lost all of my endurance. I lost all of my baby weight after each pregnancy, but my body isn't as fit as it was before.

So, I've been trying to get back into running, now that both boys are old enough to sit in the double jogging stroller for a half hour. As I said, I lost all of my endurance, and could barely run down to the end of the street. Kind of humbling for a former marathoner. :) But I've been slowly building my mileage back up, and I'm up to 4 miles / 3-4 days a week now. I'm hoping to run a half marathon this time next year. :) Oh, and I'm working out 3 days a week now too, trying to get those muscles back where they belong! I want to be an inspiration for them!
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options
    I ate a donut at work this morning, and didn't feel guilty.

Went to Subway for lunch and DIDN'T buy one of those raspberry cheesecake cookies.
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I had this dress in high school that I really loved and couldn't part with it. I tried it on last week and it FIT!!!! Like it did in high school 20 years ago! I screamed so loud with joy, I scared my dogs.
  • Lalalindaloo
    Lalalindaloo Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I had this dress in high school that I really loved and couldn't part with it. I tried it on last week and it FIT!!!! Like it did in high school 20 years ago! I screamed so loud with joy, I scared my dogs.

This happened to me last week when I found one of my "club" dresses from... I don't know, 15 years ago? I tried it on as a joke to show my nieces my 90s early 00s wardrobe choices. It was a little loose. ;)
  • epido
    epido Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I just love it when I have a great workout! I met with my trainer earlier today, and while working on deadlifts, I had another PR. I am really enjoying these! I pulled 235! Yes!! Who's awesome? That's right!

Along with the PR, one of the older gentlemen that was there today commented on what I was doing, saying he wouldn't want to meet me in a dark alley, so that was cool.

Then, in-between sets, one of the other trainers came over and commented on the progress I've made and what a good job I am doing, stating that he always notices when I am in there working with my trainer! I was very flattered and humbled by the compliment. I have been walking around with a huge smile on my face ever since!
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    Went to my hairdresser for the first time in over a year. She asked me if I had lost weight. She is the first person to say something that didn't know i was trying. :)
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Casual Friday at work is normally me grabbing the one pair of jeans I own that aren't skinny (it looks weird with work boots) that I know fit. This morning I decided to try on another pair in the back of my closet I haven't worn since aboutttt 2010. They fit! I have a little bit of a muffin top when I sit down but I don't even care :D ! I wish I hadn't cut the tag out of them back then because I have no idea what size they are lol.
  • nsides0427
    nsides0427 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I have 3 NSV's that I am absolutely thrilled about!

1. As I was laying down in bed last night I had an itch on my side and realized that I was touching a bone. It was my HIP BONE! I thought it might be the angle I was in so I turned and laid on my back and I could feel both of my hip bones protruding!!! I'm over the moon!

2. I lost 30 pounds a couple years back and invested a LOT of money in designer jeans. Then I gained all my weight back and there is a garbage bag full of beautiful, expensive jeans in my closet. Today I tried all of them on and every single one of them fit me and most were a little loose! I'm only halfway to my weight loss goal so to know that I can fit (with room to spare) in a size 30 pair of Silver jeans is... incredible! Also somewhat bittersweet as I know that soon they will no longer fit, for being too large. But it's for a good reason.

3. My last one was a shocker. About 2 months ago I had an employee health fair and was told I was in the obese category. That was depressing. Now that I've lost about 30 pounds I discovered today that I have finally reached the overweight category!! Wooooooo!!!! Never thought I would be excited about that haha
  • TheLadyBane
    TheLadyBane Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I deadlifted 225 for 4 reps, whoohoo!
  • TheLadyBane
    TheLadyBane Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    My doctor has taken me off all diabetes meds!!!

What amazing news! That is definitely a victory:).

• epido
    epido Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I deadlifted 225 for 4 reps, whoohoo!

Awesome! I know what a great feeling that is!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!