Replies

• wils5150
    wils5150 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    bought new jeans in a size 34 was a 38 in december
  • DressedInDreams
    DressedInDreams Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I went to a thrift shop to buy some smaller pants/capris since I should be down a size soon. I tried them on at home and they actually fit!
  • egorre
    egorre Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    i wear a large shirt now. i wore 4XLs when i started
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    We had a lot of things to take for electronic recycling today. Hubby was sleeping in. I decided to load the car up while he slept. I moved the old window air conditioner unit to the trunk of the car by myself! Everything else felt so light after I got the a/c into the car.

(I started strength training in January)
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    Saw some leggings at a great deal. They came in two sizes: one size fits most and plus size. I thought about the loose pants I was wearing, so I pucked up the one size and hoped for the best. They fit. Yay!
  • epido
    epido Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I'm on the back quarter of a 48 hour shift at the firehouse. Not only did I managed to get a workout in yesterday without interruption, I also got one in today! It's always a good day when I don't have to stop a workout because someone called 911.
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    jerogers4s wrote: »
    I've officially logged for 60 days. I've been a member of mfp for almost 4 years and have started about a million times and ended up stopping after 3 days every time. This is kind of a big deal for me.

Congrats................the key to success!
  • kiit1234
    kiit1234 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    TMM211073 wrote: »
    Being accused of not needing to be at the gym, because people like me (skinny - her words, not mine) are taking up the treadmills and not letting the big people get their turn....

I pointed out the the woman that I used to weigh 321lb (probably heavier than she is now) and that by eating better and going to the gym and using the the machines, I became 156lb....

I also told her that with an attitude like hers she'll never lose weight - she needs to lose the chip on her shoulder first, then she can start to lose weight.... She soon wound her neck in and apologised for being rude....

xXx
    lsgibbs83 wrote: »
    The man I am seeing told me I am getting bony last night. I am far from bony as I still have 12.5lbs to just get out of the "overweight" BMI range. The last time we dated was almost 9 years ago and I was 20lbs heavier than I am today and he thought I was fine then. But...I think he really likes what he is seeing now even more.
    sat having tea with a friend after my training session today, still in my gym clothes. I stretched and my friend said he was convinced he could see abs on me. pretty happy with that !
    lngrunert wrote: »
    Today is the first time I’ve worn dress pants since right before Thanksgiving, when my office went into dress down mode. And my pants, which were previously getting tight on me?

I can pull the waistband about a couple of inches away from my waist now! And the legs hang completely straight, whereas before they clung to my thighs like sausage casings. Even when I lost weight last year and got below 130lbs, they didn’t fit like this. Going for body recomposition instead of losing pounds is ACTUALLY WORKING OMG
    I was able to take off my wedding ring for the first time in 8 years. I left it off overnight and put it right back on this morning. It felt too weird without it.

And the other day I was kind of dressed up in leggings and boots and wearing a new coat that actually fit and my 9 year old son said "Mom, you look like a supermodel". Of course, then he said "I think her name is Halle Berry" which, based on my Viking heritage, is not quite right. LOL He later said he meant Katy Perry. HA! Love that kid. <3
    I was able to take off my wedding ring for the first time in 8 years. I left it off overnight and put it right back on this morning. It felt too weird without it.

And the other day I was kind of dressed up in leggings and boots and wearing a new coat that actually fit and my 9 year old son said "Mom, you look like a supermodel". Of course, then he said "I think her name is Halle Berry" which, based on my Viking heritage, is not quite right. LOL He later said he meant Katy Perry. HA! Love that kid. <3
    cnekniher wrote: »
    Was watching Netflix in bed last night before I went to bed. After spending the night in and relaxing, I was planning on watching an episode and going to bed early. The ENTIRE time my body was yelling at me to eat a cookie that was sitting in the kitchen downstairs. And I thought, sure it's only 150 calories but do I NEED it? And guess who didn't eat that cookie. Small victory, but powerful
    BinkyBonk wrote: »
    Bought a size 4 skirt. Vain, yes, but dammit I earned it :)
    One of my coworkers pulled me aside today and told me I lost a lot of weight and said I looked great. She then asked me what my secret to losing weight was, and I just said eating less and moving more. It felt great, because I don't notice it as much as others have. Gave me the extra push to keep doing what I'm doing :)
    Trying on clothes tonight I took both 10 and 12 jeans into the dressing room and left with the 10s. This is happening more and more, but it still amazes me every single time.

Another thing is I was made fun of by a stranger (young woman maybe 20-22) in the mall tonight, because of the cat eye glasses I was wearing. I'm not sure if she thought I was just looking stupid or trying to be young or what. I wound up scaring her half to death (on purpose) an hour later, by walking INCHES away from her and grazing her with my shopping bag and then smiling...I thought she was going to scream LOL. But really...it was an NSV because her making fun of my glasses and smirking about me to her friend was not weight related and for like 20 yrs I've only been poked fun of (at least where I could see) about being fat. Still rude...but a novelty to me!
    I was able to lift ten pounds heavier than I could a week ago and I can now walk 45 minutes on the treadmill without stopping (might not be much to some, but if you read my profile you will see why it's a LOT to me) :D
    AngeBee18 wrote: »
    Graceious1 wrote: »
    DAM5412 wrote: »
    I learned today that the average pace for a 40 yo female running a 5k is slower than my (so far) average 5k pace...psyched!

I'm 46 and just did the same calculation. My pace in a 5k is the same as the average pace of women in the 25-29 age group. This is a wonderful measurement of how well we are doing. Happy days!

http://www.pace-calculator.com/average-5k-pace-by-age-sex.php

This calculator is awesome! I just realised Im slightly faster than average! Who would have thought! Maybe I need to stop saying I'm slow :D
    Smallc10 wrote: »
    Strange, but I'm sleeping better and the dark circles are almost completely gone under my eyes - they've been there for years regardless of how much sleep I've gotten. I think it's due to how much water I've been drinking and how much exercise I've been getting. It's an unexpected plus!
    Flips37 wrote: »
    Chub rub! Doesn't sound like a NSV, does it? But bear with me...

I run in running skirts with the built in bike shorts. When I was 20 lbs heavier, my thighs would rub together and the bike shorts would ride up from the friction. At some point, that stopped happening and I realized it was because my thighs had slimmed down a little and weren't pushing the fabric up anymore.

FF to this week, 20 lbs lighter and suddenly experiencing chub rub again? Huh?!? Then I realized, it's because my running skirt/shorts are now too big and ride up on their own! So the return of chub-rub means it's time to buy some size mediums! Yay! :)
    This is my ultimate goal NSV - being able to wear running shorts. Sadly, I don't think it's in my DNA since even when I was underweight, I still had chub rub. Great NSV for you!!

I run in running skirts with the built in bike shorts. When I was 20 lbs heavier, my thighs would rub together and the bike shorts would ride up from the friction. At some point, that stopped happening and I realized it was because my thighs had slimmed down a little and weren't pushing the fabric up anymore.

FF to this week, 20 lbs lighter and suddenly experiencing chub rub again? Huh?!? Then I realized, it's because my running skirt/shorts are now too big and ride up on their own! So the return of chub-rub means it's time to buy some size mediums! Yay! :)
    This is my ultimate goal NSV - being able to wear running shorts. Sadly, I don't think it's in my DNA since even when I was underweight, I still had chub rub. Great NSV for you!!

Invest in some Body Glide ladies!!!! Its the best lubricant for running and other exercise where skin can rub, and it means that my thighs can tolerate running in shorts. You can probably get it online, or in most sports shops. Also helps with under boob chafing and blisters on your feet from rubbing shoes/socks. Its waterproof and sweat proof too, so it doesn't stop working when you start sweating. I sound like an infomercial, but seriously this stuff is great!
    I went shopping for a new raincoat today. My old one was an XL (the biggest size they stocked) and embarrassingly I had popped all the zips on the pockets when it got too tight... I've been wearing it around because last winter I couldn't bring myself to drop cash on a 2X raincoat that I really don't want to be wearing.

Today I went into a shop, which went up to a size 16 (which wouldn't have even fitted before). I decided to optimistically try a 14, but it was a bit baggy round the middle. I ended up buying a 12!!! I haven't fitted a 12 for the longest time. Cue overexcited shopping trip where I loaded up on lots of size 12s (all on sale or clearance - score!!!).

Invest in some Body Glide ladies!!!! Its the best lubricant for running and other exercise where skin can rub, and it means that my thighs can tolerate running in shorts. You can probably get it online, or in most sports shops. Also helps with under boob chafing and blisters on your feet from rubbing shoes/socks. Its waterproof and sweat proof too, so it doesn't stop working when you start sweating. I sound like an infomercial, but seriously this stuff is great!
    jusbowers wrote: »
    The jeans I put away over a year ago because they were too small all fit again.

The new running capris I got for spring had to go back for a smaller size.

I WANTED to go for a run rather than eat sweets and biscuits when i got annoyed earlier

all in all a good day
    I finally out of the "obese" category according to my BMI. I am now just "overweight" 4 points to go until I am in the "normal" zone!

• kiit1234
    kiit1234 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    When I volunteered at an event last week I got a tee shirt. I asked for an XL. I tried it on this morning and it fit! Down from a 4X.
  • AngeBee18
    AngeBee18 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I cleaned out my wardrobe today to get rid of all the clothes that are now too big. I barely have any clothes left! But I gained some old gym gear and lingerie (woot!) that I haven't fitted for years. Work attire could get interesting next week...
  • lngrunert
    lngrunert Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Three things I can do now that I couldn't three months ago:

- Run for 25 minutes at 5.0 mph
    - Hold a plank position for 1 minute
    - Do 3 sets of 10 pushups on my toes. Not only that, I've graduated to scorpion push ups as of last week. :)
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Plank super set
    1 minute plank on a physio ball
    12 plank to pike
    12 plank alternating hip touch
    X 3!
    6 months ago I could not hold a plank for 30 seconds
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I Greeted my hubby with a hug and next thing I know I'm being lifted high above the ground as he spun us around in a circle.
    I've seen this NSV before and now having experienced it myself it felt so amazing. Being lifted high and spun around by my hubby made me feel so feminine. <3
  • arussell134
    arussell134 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Lourdesong wrote: »
    I Greeted my hubby with a hug and next thing I know I'm being lifted high above the ground as he spun us around in a circle.
    I've seen this NSV before and now having experienced it myself it felt so amazing. Being lifted high and spun around by my hubby made me feel so feminine. <3

This made me smile. Much love to you!

• abb117
    abb117 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I fit into a size 2 pants size! And my bra size went from a 34 to a 32. I have never been a 32. Ever!! Nor have I ever fit into size 2 pants!
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    egorre wrote: »
    i wear a large shirt now. i wore 4XLs when i started

That's an awesome NSV. Congrats to you!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

I cleaned out my wardrobe today to get rid of all the clothes that are now too big. I barely have any clothes left! But I gained some old gym gear and lingerie (woot!) that I haven't fitted for years. Work attire could get interesting next week...

Time to shop!
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Short shorts and my best friend has congestive heart failure. She went from going to the hospital 2 times a month to 2 times a year. That's her NSV but it felt so awesome to hear it I had to share it!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!