What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• yafashelli
    yafashelli Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I tried on a size 14, and while it was snug, it fit much better than my 16s!! I haven't worn a size that small in a decade! Hooray!
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Hubby told me I was getting boney last night...and he can wrap his arms around me more than he can remember in a long time. One of my goals is to get to where he can pick me up...so those comments from DH were great but I don't want him to break his back yet. He's made nice comments all along...now if only he would work out with me. So, anything from anyone else?
  • Soapytime
    Soapytime Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I jogged for 20 minutes straight the other night. It was c25k week 5 day 3 and I was pretty nervous about it. I remember seeing that day when I started and wondering how I was ever going to be able to do it. When I had first started, I was struggling to run for a whole minute.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    I haven't been measuring most of my food, but this morning I decided to measure my peanut butter, since it's the most calorie-dense thing I usually eat.

I thought for sure I'd been having more than I've been logging, but I was pretty much right on! :smiley:
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    And then this afternoon I went for a walk with my usual exercise partner.

It was a route we'd done before, and I usually ended up too out of breath to talk, aching, dragging on the way home, just rather unhappy. :frowning: Oh, and the person I walk with usually walks faster than I, even though he's had major reconstructive surgery on both legs, almost lost one.

Today we did it and I was not out of breath, I remembered to take naprosyn first, I was walking faster, and had energy to spare, wanted to keep going longer. :smiley:
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,981 Member
    Options
    I got a run in the last pair of "queen" size pantyhose in my drawer, and pulled out one in the next size down that I knew should fit, but was worried wouldn't. And they fit just fine!

Also, I went shopping for a few new things, because I've realized (and accepted--which is an NSV itself) that the rest of this journey is going to take a lot longer than the first 35 pounds, so it doesn't seem like such a waste to buy something new, because it should fit reasonably well for a while. One thing I needed was some new long exercise pants with cold weather coming on, and I saw some that I liked ("skinny" sweat pants) but the largest size was a medium. For someone who was wearing XLs and even XXLs just over a year ago, it seemed absurd to think they might fit, but I tried them on, and although they were a little snugger than I liked across the lower abdomen (appearance-wise, not restricting freedom of motion), I kind of liked the snug fit across the rear and on the thighs. I had actually decided to buy a medium (!!), telling myself they would fit longer if they started out a little snug, when I spied a large on another rack, and decided to get those--but still, that buying a medium was even a reasonable possibility feels like a huge NSV.

And, finally, I've started to want to have my walk/run so much that if I work late, I'll still go out and do a couple of miles, whereas before, I would have said, "It's late, and I'm tired, and I haven't had dinner, and I just need to relax and unwind for a while." Last night I went out and ran in the rain (well, it was only a light drizzle, but the point is that there was a time when that would have been enough of an excuse to stay in).
  • akboy58
    akboy58 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    My waist size in jeans equals my inseam length for the first time in 20 years -- woo-hoo!
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    b0beko11mzwd.png

Finally achieved "intermediate" across the board!
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    CipherZero wrote: »
    b0beko11mzwd.png

Finally achieved "intermediate" across the board!

Awesome!! What app is that if you don't mind me asking?? Or is it a website? Ty!

• Hotshoe1200
    Hotshoe1200 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I was going to post about the last 60 days and my NSV today and then saw this thread! I just returned from a week's vacation and was putting away the clothes I just washed. I decided to tidy up the drawer where my jeans are and, on a lark, just decided to try them all on. I was almost floored to find that they all fit. Even a pair of size 12s I bought by accident once and never took back. The 12s are snug, but perfect for wearing out. Right now I'm wearing another pair just for hanging out around the house and they are so comfortable. Normally I'd have on a pair of sweats. I'm so inspired to start my next 60 day challenge! So that's what 17 lbs will do for me? Wow!

60 days ago I started a 30 day challenge that I extended. I started with a meal replacement shake (310 Nutrition) that I drank instead of dinner (which is my hardest meal to control) and Les Mills Combat from Beachbody. And I vowed not to eat anywhere that had a drive through which essentially cut fast food from my menu. Of course, on vacation I was on the road so the fast food ban was broken, but tomorrow I am starting the challenge all over again and adding another day of exercise.

The only thing I am disappointed in is that I broke my MFB streak. I forgot to log in yesterday and enter my food. Really bummed about that.
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    What app is that if you don't mind me asking?? Or is it a website? Ty

Website. http://strstd.com
  • moya_bleh
    moya_bleh Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    <---Getting a PR in a 10K run today. I'm the guy with the pink beard/vest.
  • deliacm
    deliacm Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Walked through the mall today and wasn't disgusted by what I saw in the window reflections. I looked like a normal person, finally!
  • CJsf1t
    CJsf1t Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I did a one minute plank! I weigh 221 lbs :#:#
  • Carlywiese
    Carlywiese Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I was,at a Tupperware party the other night and we took a group picture, later on I got a notification saying I was tagged in a photo on Facebook and immediatley panicked (as usual)...turns out the picture isn't half bad :) first time in a VERY long time that I have felt good about any picture of me! *happy dance*
  • LisaBear1986
    LisaBear1986 Posts: 85 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    My scrubs are getting looser on me...AGAIN!
  • NatalieLJ
    NatalieLJ Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I ordered a couple of dresses in the sale that are a size lower than I was when I started back on MFP (well I was actually between the two sizes above that), expecting to have to put them away for a bit as an incentive/reward. They arrived today, and they fit! I need to lose a few more pounds for them to be perfect, but I am so happy. I have never been this size, ever!
  • misswhitney1
    misswhitney1 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I've logged in to MFP for 14 days straight!
  • spideywebb77
    spideywebb77 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    HEhe.... my most recent NSV? I was driving the other night and tried to flick a bug out the window with my hand.... When I did my wedding band went flying off my hand! I have already replaced it but dangit!@!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!