MY FITNESS PAL - AS A DATING SITE

Options

Replies

• giabelle
    giabelle Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    My friends list is full of beautiful women inside and out! Who knows maybe something does spark someday!

I truly hope it does for you Hun!! :)
  • kiousd
    kiousd Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    How many people responding have developed feeling for their friends on here. Married or not it's a strong possibility that talking to the same person about everyday life and always getting compliments and encouraging comments could easily lead to emotional feeling. I can see how it could happen.
  • kiousd
    kiousd Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    They say fat people have a sense of humor....go us :)

Lol I know right
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    Absurd. Nobody meets their true love/soulmate/better half on a fitness website! :wink:
  • scottacular
    scottacular Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    giabelle wrote: »
    Hey Everyone,

I haven't posted on the boards in forever, so I thought it was time.

Over the last little while I've run into many people who have married/are dating individuals that they've met on sites such as this. They fell in love with others who have had the same journey as they have - in the struggle to lose weight. They said that it was really great to meet someone who went through ( or are still going through) the same trials and tribulations as they did/are. That by being "Pals" or friends and in helping to motivate each other, they fell in love with that person.

Thoughts?

Giabelle

Yeah sure, any female in the North East of England who wants to meet up for a date full of awkward silences and forced laughter, just get in touch.
  • tryitonemoretime
    Options
    I've been on this site on and off since 2011. as far as I remember, there's been numerous couple met on MFP. One of them in fact are married now. I remember the girl worked as a librarian. She also had a blog and documented all her weight loss journey there. unfortunately, i dont recall her name.
  • Darkhawk1969
    Darkhawk1969 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    I think the social aspect of this site is just as important as the weight loss. A bit of ego boosting and flirting along the way doesn't harm. After all we are all adults and if you dont like then tell them. On a side note noticed quite a few posters don't show their faces, want do they have to hide?
  • Inkratlet
    Inkratlet Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I've tried online dating, but I can't get past the ridiculous amounts of STUPID and the constant "hey hw ru?" poor conversation starters. I usually press delete. On the odd occasion I've had a nice chat they usually live too far away for it to develop into more than pen pals, or we get two dates in and it all falls apart. Waste of my time, rather be doing something else.
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't suprise me if people fall in love through here. I can see it happening, and I think it's pretty cool. I've met someone through here recently and so far it's working out pretty cool.
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,255 Member
    Options
    Well if you are here than you are likely to meet people with common interest and/or goals and that’s a good foundation to a solid relationship.

Great now I said two things that triggered my OCD now I need to go and listen to two songs or I’ll be singing them all day.

See know you all know I have OCD and I know I’m not the only one! Great I just triggered a third!
  • giabelle
    Options
    Noelv1976 wrote: »
    Wouldn't suprise me if people fall in love through here. I can see it happening, and I think it's pretty cool. I've met someone through here recently and so far it's working out pretty cool.

That's amazing! Hope it works out!!! :)
  • vickyaida
    vickyaida Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Could happen
  • Darkhawk1969
    Darkhawk1969 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    vickyaida wrote: »
    Could happen

Yes it could lol - Bring it
  • giabelle
    Options
    vickyaida wrote: »
    Could happen

Yes it could lol - Bring it

There ya go! lol
  • guitarrckr
    guitarrckr Posts: 1,717 Member
    Options
    hmmmmmm
  • LuvPosh
    LuvPosh Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    matt2442 wrote: »
    If you're on my FL chances are I'd date, bang, and marry you. Male or female.

Doubled your odds. lol

• PerfectMisfit
    PerfectMisfit Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Is it? Nobody tell my husband that.
  • Grumpy_Marmot
    Options
    No... supportive yes, dating no...