Dr Phils 20/20 Diet

Options

Replies

• MissHolidayGolightly
    Options
    I love how these diets always seem to come up with the most random assortment of allowed foods. What's so special about cod? Is other white fish ok?
  • jhall260
    jhall260 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    The only time that I restricted what I ate was when I first started on my weight loss journey. I did it because I knew I had to for me. I knew it would never be sustainable for me either. I had to teach my self that it's okay to have chips, chocolate, etc just make it fit! Have one serving and be done with it. Now there isn't anything I wont eat (well except if I don't like it of course!). I just make it fit in my daily goals. There are days that I went over to (Valentines day) and I don't sweat it. Just eat a little less the few days after and it's all good.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I love how these diets always seem to come up with the most random assortment of allowed foods. What's so special about cod? Is other white fish ok?

Absolutely not! It's cod or nothing! If you're allergic to it or don't like it, then you might as well start whittling your paddle now because you are gonna have to find some way out of that %&#@ creek.

/s

*Ha, edited to add that I agree with your sentiment, I was not passive aggressively mocking you to agree with the book!
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    Dr Phil is a quack and a fraud who has made millions of dollars peddling his nonsense, harming millions of people along the way.

Eat less than you burn. Eat what you like. Lose weight the sensible way.

Don't bother arguing with your mom; just let the results speak for themselves.
  • MissHolidayGolightly
    Options

Absolutely not! It's cod or nothing! If you're allergic to it or don't like it, then you might as well start whittling your paddle now because you are gonna have to find some way out of that %&#@ creek.

/s

*Ha, edited to add that I agree with your sentiment, I was not passive aggressively mocking you to agree with the book!

Lol no worries I got the sarcasm. But I agree, no cod = obesity. Easy peasy :wink:
  • lngbrd
    lngbrd Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    How dare anyone of you put down Dr. Phil or Dr. Oz, they are sponsered by the queen of all media, Oprah! That means you cannot deny whatvever these Doctors have to say...until Oprah tells us who to follow next.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    lngbrd wrote: »
    How dare anyone of you put down Dr. Phil or Dr. Oz, they are sponsered by the queen of all media, Oprah! That means you cannot deny whatvever these Doctors have to say...until Oprah tells us who to follow next.

All hail Oprah, lest she unleashes her wrath upon us all!

qrLEV.gif
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Yes, Dr. Phil is exactly who I think of when I think diet/fitness expert. *eyeroll*
  • MissHolidayGolightly
    Options
    That gif is so good.
  • leooftheyear
    leooftheyear Posts: 429 Member
    Options

as long as it's thermogenic.... which apparently is the basis of this diet?!?
  • klappeh
    klappeh Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Right...like I want to follow diet advice of a fat man.

Your mom sounds like mine, though! I was saying how I'm bummed because I feel like I'm working out way more than I have in years and eating less than I have in years yet the weight is not moving. She keeps suggesting weird diets like that..the last one she told me was "for 3 days you eat meat, green beans and ice cream"..then it changes for the next 3 days. Totally random food choices, like wtf? I'll stick to calorie counting and being patient and just be really diligent about measuring. I can't wait to get to my goal and rub it in the face of all the people who do and suggest these stupid diets.
  • leooftheyear
    Options
    segacs wrote: »
    Dr Phil is a quack and a fraud who has made millions of dollars peddling his nonsense, harming millions of people along the way.

Eat less than you burn. Eat what you like. Lose weight the sensible way.

Don't bother arguing with your mom; just let the results speak for themselves.

agreed, that's what i tell myself every day!
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options

/s

Lol no worries I got the sarcasm. But I agree, no cod = obesity. Easy peasy :wink:

Well since I read that more than half of the fish sold as cod is actually tilapia, that explains the obesity epidemic.

• MissHolidayGolightly
    Options
    Thermogenic... seems we are almost crossing into negative calorie foods territory.

• segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    That's like Jillian Michaels telling people to cut out the consumption of broccoli in order to lose weight. Um.... whut?
  • gmax69
    gmax69 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Any 'diet' that restricts your intake to specific foods is never going to be sustainable.

Eat what gives you the energy to be/stay active and take in less than you burn.....voila....it's magic.

Mr. Phil (not a real doctor in my mind) is strictly a self promoter who will ruin millions of people's metabolism for a few more dollars in his piggybank.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    gmax69 wrote: »
    Any 'diet' that restricts your intake to specific foods is never going to be sustainable.

Eat what gives you the energy to be/stay active and take in less than you burn.....voila....it's magic.

Mr. Phil (not a real doctor in my mind) is strictly a self promoter who will ruin millions of people's metabolism for a few more dollars in his piggybank.

He has a doctorate but he is not a licensed psychologist in any state. My parents (both psychologists) find him reprehensible and I believe he does his TV thing specifically to avoid following ethical guidelines.

• leooftheyear
    Options
    klappeh wrote: »
    Right...like I want to follow diet advice of a fat man.

Your mom sounds like mine, though! I was saying how I'm bummed because I feel like I'm working out way more than I have in years and eating less than I have in years yet the weight is not moving. She keeps suggesting weird diets like that..the last one she told me was "for 3 days you eat meat, green beans and ice cream"..then it changes for the next 3 days. Totally random food choices, like wtf? I'll stick to calorie counting and being patient and just be really diligent about measuring. I can't wait to get to my goal and rub it in the face of all the people who do and suggest these stupid diets.

So true, i brought up why i started strength training and how since i have my knee pain has gone away and of course she ignores me :/ ok fine, we'll see who has better results :)
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    I think the idea of it is to make it super simple so that people don't give up. He's doing the thinking for you and easing you into healthy eating in stages. Some people need this; many don't.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    gothchiq wrote: »
    I think the idea of it is to make it super simple so that people don't give up. He's doing the thinking for you and easing you into healthy eating in stages. Some people need this; many don't.

But you don't need to eat "healthy" to lose weight.