Looking for LCHF/Keto friends

Options
Hi everyone, I have been a member of MFP since 2011 and I have recently been following a LCHF diet a.k.a. Keto with some great success. I am looking for friends who also follow this way of eating who can help me stay accountable and understand why I eat the way I do. If you also follow this lifestyle please feel free to add me or post here so we can help motivate and support each other. Thanks!

Replies

• KrissyDiaz11
    KrissyDiaz11 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi there....i just started the lchf diet last week. I cant believe ive lost 5 pounds with all the cheese I've eaten. I too have been on mfp on/off for a few yrs...mostly off. Anyway how long have you been on the lchf diet? Thinking i should go get my cholesterol checked, kinda scary how much over I am over the daily recommended allowances.
  • ish28
    ish28 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just started today so here goes!
  • KrissyDiaz11
    Options
    I was scared to get on the scale this morning with all the butter, cheese, oil. Nice 5# surprise.
  • 255isntme
    255isntme Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've been doing keto since November and I've lost 42 lbs! It's the only thing I've done that has done anything for me.
  • KrissyDiaz11
    Options
    Holy cow....thats awesome!
  • 255isntme
    255isntme Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I started at 277, currently at 234.6 and goal is 159. I'm 6'0
  • lreintsma
    lreintsma Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I have been a member of MFP since 2011 and I have recently been following a LCHF diet a.k.a. Keto with some great success. I am looking for friends who also follow this way of eating who can help me stay accountable and understand why I eat the way I do. If you also follow this lifestyle please feel free to add me or post here so we can help motivate and support each other. Thanks!

Love your pic.. I am new to low carb also. I do miss tortillas but Im getting over it. Would love to be your friend .. Motivation is great!

• lreintsma
    Options
    I was scared to get on the scale this morning with all the butter, cheese, oil. Nice 5# surprise.

Nice!
  • lreintsma
    Options
    ish28 wrote: »
    Just started today so here goes!

Lets do this LCHF thing!!
  • lreintsma
    Options
    anyone who is here for motivation please feel free to add me as I friend. God knows I need good people in my life!
  • AlexxGQ_
    Options
    Hi Sarah and others!

I've been on MFP since 2011 also I have been on a Keto specific diet for about a month now with great results! I was able to get AMAZING information and helpful tips from a woman on YouTube who's name is Stephanie Person (I believe that's her last name lol) or you can easily find her by searching "Stephanie Keto"
    She is an absolute Keto guru and gives amazing advice and information on the subject and the lifestyle!

Hope she helps you all like she helped me because she is awesome and she helps in every aspect of the Keto lifestyle!
  • __tashaa
    __tashaa Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Needing keto support & inspiration buddies :)
  • Jolinia
    Jolinia Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    LCHF, diary open to friends if anyone wants to add. I don't do the bars or frozen meals or anything like that.

Don't mind the empty days followed by cheese, meat, and egg feasts, though. I sometimes do Intermittent Fasting, too.
  • SereneRose
    SereneRose Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Hi, I follow a LCHF diet, my diary is pretty basic but I have been having success with it since getting back on the wagon Monday I've lost 6 lbs and looking forward to sticking with it this time. :)
  • bluesdivaca
    bluesdivaca Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm with you! I'm on now for one week. Doing well so far. I work many hours weekly and this lifestyle allows me to eat out easily. I'm with you!
  • Stephieshine
    Stephieshine Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been doing LCHF since the beginning of the year. I've lost 11# without counting any calories. I've just started logging my food to try to make sure my fat is high enough, carbs are low enough, and protein isn't too high. I love this way of eating. I never feel deprived! :)
  • n1colesawchuk
    Options
    Been doing Keto for over a month although I fell off the wagon after a week on vacation. I can't get back into ketosis but still doing the plan!
    I struggle with getting my blood sugar levels to stabilize because if I go too low they spike!
    I lost 10 lbs the first month and in that week off gained 6 lbs back. It's frustrating so I need friends and help!
  • KrissyDiaz11
    Options
    Does anyone find it hard to eat sometimes? Ughhhhh, not hungry :|
  • sarahbear1981
    sarahbear1981 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Does anyone find it hard to eat sometimes? Ughhhhh, not hungry :|
    Yes, all the time. That's the point, the fat allows you to burn the fat you are carrying in your body and so you don't need as many calories/energy.
  • FatAsianNerd
    FatAsianNerd Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Add me. I'm on it. It's worked wonders.