Looking for LCHF/Keto friends

Options

Replies

• truckers_wife
    Options
    Would love to have some friends for support and motivation too. I am doing Atkins, which is almost the same as Keto. Started in Jan. The scale is moving slowly, but at least it's moving in the right direction.
  • KrissyDiaz11
    KrissyDiaz11 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Day 13, first day no loss :'( but im going with the cup half full attitude, NO GAIN :D
  • KrissyDiaz11
    Options
    Was a little scared to put coconut oil in my coffee(what i look fwd to everyday)didnt want to ruin it......not bad!

Bleh. Hate it. I just dont like coconut stuff. HWC for me.

Trying that now....pretty good!
  • secretsquiral
    secretsquiral Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    So glad to see more keto people about! i was finding it hard to find yall :)...Ive been doing keto for one month now and love it, and would love to help motivate others who are doing it, feel free to add me as a friend! ..peace and love x
  • KrissyDiaz11
    Options
    Hi there....i just started the lchf diet last week. I cant believe ive lost 5 pounds with all the cheese I've eaten. I too have been on mfp on/off for a few yrs...mostly off. Anyway how long have you been on the lchf diet? Thinking i should go get my cholesterol checked, kinda scary how much over I am over the daily recommended allowances.

Im new to LCHF a as well and wow five pounds is awesome! Good for you :)

Thanks!

• secretsquiral
    secretsquiral Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    AlexxGQ_ wrote: »
    Hi Sarah and others!

I've been on MFP since 2011 also I have been on a Keto specific diet for about a month now with great results! I was able to get AMAZING information and helpful tips from a woman on YouTube who's name is Stephanie Person (I believe that's her last name lol) or you can easily find her by searching "Stephanie Keto"
    She is an absolute Keto guru and gives amazing advice and information on the subject and the lifestyle!

Hope she helps you all like she helped me because she is awesome and she helps in every aspect of the Keto lifestyle!
    Watching steph had motivated me to, shes freekin awesome an have chatted to her on Skype, decently a great inspiration, glad she has helped you also.

• toadg53
    toadg53 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Hi. Started my lchf plan August 2013. Met my goal Sept 2014. I haven't felt this good in I don't know how many years. I have lots of really good articles and websites that explain the science behind the plan. Lots of good recipes, sites on FB and internet sites with recipes. LOTS of good resource material. Anybody can friend me and I will share whatever I have that you would also like to have. It certainly worked for me. AND I know it hasn't been this way for others .... but this is the first time in my life, that I have dieted and did not hit a plateau during my journey. That was always my downfall. Let me tell you, this is awesome. Also, I do have insulin resistance, so getting that under control with this plan, probably has something to do with it as well. Anyway, friend me if you'd like. Good luck to everybody. Hope it works as well for you as it did for me.
  • KrissyDiaz11
    Options
    Day 13, first day no loss :'( but im going with the cup half full attitude, NO GAIN :D [/quote
    Day 13, first day no loss :'( but im going with the cup half full attitude, NO GAIN :D

I lied, after going to the bathroom I lost .2ozs....TMI :p
  • susiequsie54
    susiequsie54 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm following keto .. its taken me 3 months to finally lose something .... but I started.
  • sarahbear1981
    sarahbear1981 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I am so glad I made this post! I am excited about keto and I am so glad I am not the only one out there doing it. I look forward to encouraging all my new keto friends!
  • KrissyDiaz11
    Options
    I am so glad I made this post! I am excited about keto and I am so glad I am not the only one out there doing it. I look forward to encouraging all my new keto friends!

Absolutely, Thank you!
  • Yogi_warrior
    Yogi_warrior Posts: 5,464 Member
    Options
    Good to see so many folks trying keto.
  • KrissyDiaz11
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I dont think the heavy whipping cream agrees with my stomach.....2nd day ive had to run to bathroom. :\ No trouble with half & half though.
  • KrissyDiaz11
    Options
    I don't know if anyone looks at my diary but I usually only eat half of my breakfast and save the other half for mid morning snack. I just put all in breakfast because im to lazy :|
  • KrissyDiaz11
    Options
    Getting worried.....going off the grid(lchf) next Monday,Tuesday & Wednesday to visit family. I know we're going to 2 restaurants and also one homemade Italian pasta dinner, oh i hope i don't gain all the weight back lost. Trying to plan what i can but the pasta day, no point right?
  • serafinelaveaux
    serafinelaveaux Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I've done it for the last 10 months. Every few months I'll take the net carbs under 20 for a month, then back up to 40-50g range. Lost 70 pounds. Easiest 70 I've ever lost. And I still hit the gym with no problems. :)
  • blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Getting worried.....going off the grid(lchf) next Monday,Tuesday & Wednesday to visit family. I know we're going to 2 restaurants and also one homemade Italian pasta dinner, oh i hope i don't gain all the weight back lost. Trying to plan what i can but the pasta day, no point right?

Restaurants aren't too bad..depending on where you go. Japanese..sashimi and a salad. Other...steak, chicken or fish with veggies (pay attention to what's on the meat in the description).

Is the Italian pasta a pasta and sauce deal? Maybe bring some zucchini slices, sautéed in oil, to heat and put the sauce on. If it's a based dish..i can't help.
  • blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I dont think the heavy whipping cream agrees with my stomach.....2nd day ive had to run to bathroom. :\ No trouble with half & half though.

Try fermented food, such as pickles or sourkraut, and see if that helps your stomach. When I started I had bathroom issues for like..two weeks. I thought it was the heavy cream and then the lack of fiber..but no..i think my gut was mad at me for the lack of carbs and extra fat.
  • KrissyDiaz11
    Options

Restaurants aren't too bad..depending on where you go. Japanese..sashimi and a salad. Other...steak, chicken or fish with veggies (pay attention to what's on the meat in the description).

Is the Italian pasta a pasta and sauce deal? Maybe bring some zucchini slices, sautéed in oil, to heat and put the sauce on. If it's a based dish..i can't help.

Im thinking now i can handle the restaurants, but the pasta......feeling would be hurt if i didnt eat or tried to alter :# and since i only visit once every 5 yrs I might as well enjoy A LITTLE. :)
  • KrissyDiaz11
    Options

Try fermented food, such as pickles or sourkraut, and see if that helps your stomach. When I started I had bathroom issues for like..two weeks. I thought it was the heavy cream and then the lack of fiber..but no..i think my gut was mad at me for the lack of carbs and extra fat.

I'll give the pickles a try....Tks! Sourkraut would make me run to the bathroom too.....upchuck :s