Looking for LCHF/Keto friends

Options

Replies

• Hey Guys, if you haven't already checkout reddit.com/r/keto! They have so much information and are super supportive!
  • KrissyDiaz11
    KrissyDiaz11 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hey Guys, if you haven't already checkout reddit.com/r/keto! They have so much information and are super supportive!

Thanks!
  • KrissyDiaz11
    Options
    Was a little scared to put coconut oil in my coffee(what i look fwd to everyday)didnt want to ruin it......not bad!
  • sarahbear1981
    sarahbear1981 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Was a little scared to put coconut oil in my coffee(what i look fwd to everyday)didn't want to ruin it......not bad!
    I am a coffee fanatic and I have two bullet proof coffees a day... I love it and it keeps me satisfied. I do mine this way: One cup of coffee (I use k-cups) 1tbsp of Kerrygold grass fed butter, one tbsp of heavy whipping cream, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 1 tbsp of coconut oil and torani sugar free syrup (I have chocolate right now) I blend this in my magic bullet and then pour it in to my to go mug! Super delicious!
  • KrissyDiaz11
    Options
    Was a little scared to put coconut oil in my coffee(what i look fwd to everyday)didn't want to ruin it......not bad!
    I am a coffee fanatic and I have two bullet proof coffees a day... I love it and it keeps me satisfied. I do mine this way: One cup of coffee (I use k-cups) 1tbsp of Kerrygold grass fed butter, one tbsp of heavy whipping cream, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 1 tbsp of coconut oil and torani sugar free syrup (I have chocolate right now) I blend this in my magic bullet and then pour it in to my to go mug! Super delicious!

Ohhh that sounds delishious, im going to have to try that!!! Thanks
  • KrissyDiaz11
    Options
    How many grams of protein/fat/carbs do you intake? Or how do do calculate?
  • blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I've been lchf since October. My diary is open. :)
  • blktngldhrt
    Options

http://ketodietapp.com/Blog/page/KetoDiet-Buddy

That will give you an idea of where your macros can be..

I shoot for 5% carb, 72% fat, and 23% protein. The actual amount depends on my calorie consumption.
  • KrissyDiaz11
    Options

http://ketodietapp.com/Blog/page/KetoDiet-Buddy

That will give you an idea of where your macros can be..

I shoot for 5% carb, 72% fat, and 23% protein. The actual amount depends on my calorie consumption.

Oh...i see. Tks!

• n1colesawchuk
    Options
    I'm still having issues getting the hang of it even at 2 months. I've had to increase my carbs (only healthy ones) to keep me going as I started feeling horrible as my muscles began to break down. I like that I don't have to eat all day but depending on the day - I sometimes have to adjust my intake.
  • blktngldhrt
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I'm still having issues getting the hang of it even at 2 months. I've had to increase my carbs (only healthy ones) to keep me going as I started feeling horrible as my muscles began to break down. I like that I don't have to eat all day but depending on the day - I sometimes have to adjust my intake.

Your muscles began to break down? The ketogenic diet is muscle sparing. Unless you were not getting adequate protein or you were literally starving..theres no way your muscles were breaking down.
  • KrissyDiaz11
    Options
    I woke up Wednesday mornings miserable to the point i had to rest my arms in the shower while washing my hair. Whole body exhausted all day, woke up feeling great today?....thank god! Anyone have trouple sleeping or have WEIRD dreams?
    SereneRose wrote: »
    Hi, I follow a LCHF diet, my diary is pretty basic but I have been having success with it since getting back on the wagon Monday I've lost 6 lbs and looking forward to sticking with it this time. :)

Sweet!
  • KrissyDiaz11
    Options

I woke up Wednesday like that....hmmmm. must have done something wrong or my brain is ticked about no sugar :s
  • blktngldhrt
    Options

I woke up Wednesday like that....hmmmm. must have done something wrong or my brain is ticked about no sugar :s

Maybe keto flu? Try upping your sodium. Chicken broth helped me get through the beginning when my body was adjusting. Pickles, too.

• KrissyDiaz11
    Options

Maybe keto flu? Try upping your sodium. Chicken broth helped me get through the beginning when my body was adjusting. Pickles, too.

Probably....will give that a try, tks!

• sarahbear1981
    sarahbear1981 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Sounds like keto flu to me. Like blktngldhrt said, up your sodium intake, and also drink a ton of water. Broth does help alot!
  • armynurse30
    armynurse30 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi there....i just started the lchf diet last week. I cant believe ive lost 5 pounds with all the cheese I've eaten. I too have been on mfp on/off for a few yrs...mostly off. Anyway how long have you been on the lchf diet? Thinking i should go get my cholesterol checked, kinda scary how much over I am over the daily recommended allowances.

Im new to LCHF a as well and wow five pounds is awesome! Good for you :)
  • RockstarWilson
    RockstarWilson Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Was a little scared to put coconut oil in my coffee(what i look fwd to everyday)didnt want to ruin it......not bad!

Bleh. Hate it. I just dont like coconut stuff. HWC for me.
  • Mexquisite
    Mexquisite Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me. i started this feb. no dramatic results (yet) but happy to be off sugar.
  • Mexquisite
    Mexquisite Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me. i started this almost 4 weeks ago. no dramatic results (yet) but happy to be off sugar. that is pretty huge. can't say i don't wish the scale were moving more. i am thankful to share diaries for feedback and ideas.