Looking for LCHF/Keto friends

Options

Replies

• KrissyDiaz11
    KrissyDiaz11 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I've done it for the last 10 months. Every few months I'll take the net carbs under 20 for a month, then back up to 40-50g range. Lost 70 pounds. Easiest 70 I've ever lost. And I still hit the gym with no problems. :)

Sweet.....something to look forward more carbs yeaaaaa!!!!!! :D
  • blktngldhrt
    blktngldhrt Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Getting worried.....going off the grid(lchf) next Monday,Tuesday & Wednesday to visit family. I know we're going to 2 restaurants and also one homemade Italian pasta dinner, oh i hope i don't gain all the weight back lost. Trying to plan what i can but the pasta day, no point right?

Restaurants aren't too bad..depending on where you go. Japanese..sashimi and a salad. Other...steak, chicken or fish with veggies (pay attention to what's on the meat in the description).

Is the Italian pasta a pasta and sauce deal? Maybe bring some zucchini slices, sautéed in oil, to heat and put the sauce on. If it's a based dish..i can't help.

Im thinking now i can handle the restaurants, but the pasta......feeling would be hurt if i didnt eat or tried to alter :# and since i only visit once every 5 yrs I might as well enjoy A LITTLE. :)

I agree! :)

my suggestion would be to try to keep your carb percentage around keto level rather than staying within your calorie goal for that day if possible. I have, on occasion, gone over on carbs to see how it affected me (a blood glucose experiment) and was back in ketosis after a couple of days. But I had been keto adapted for a couple of months already.
  • kkmayes
    kkmayes Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm following ketogenic diet. Strict Stephanie (person) (the business) skater. Please add me as a friend.
  • wickedla
    wickedla Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad to find this thread. I'm just starting week 2 of keto.
  • NikMosch
    NikMosch Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Keto, here, too! It's the only way of eating that controls my PCOS. Feel free to add me!
  • winterchildel
    winterchildel Posts: 15 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hey all! I am also new to LCHF, got hooked up thanks to a colleague who is a bit of a 'diet doctor' fan (yes, you can google diet doctor). I am on day 3, so nothing to brag about yet. I have been doing MFP for a while, since I migrated from FatSecret due to the richer international food database over here. I know that keeping up is the key and I am already almost 20kg lighter than I was 2 years ago (=bmi ~24.5 at the moment). Now I need to finally get rid of of the last 5kg and maintain. LCHF seems like a reasonable option for both.
    I am still a bit confused about modification for physical activity though. Do I need to make adjustments for the days when I hit the gym?
    Anyways, feel free to add me :-) Support is essential in war campaigns and healthy eating.
  • raythrasher
    raythrasher Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I have been experimenting with grain free / primal diet for a few months and have recently switched to Low Carb/High Fat (Diet Doctor) Ketogenic diet and I am loving it so far. I lift weights or do HIIT cardio at 5:30 AM most mornings and so far my energy/intensity levels have been fine. I also do 16/8 Intermittent Fasting 6 days a week. I do supplement with caffeine to get me through the mornings until I eat my first meal at 12PM. Please add me if you want to encourage each other. My diary is open to all and I record my food most days.
  • food247
    food247 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm so excited to start maintaining a ketogenic diet! I'm starting next week during my spring break when I can test out new recipes and set up a plan. I would love more keto friends for inspiration and support! Please add me <3 I love being active on mfp and find that having a little support system makes the process so much more encouraging ^.^
  • Mistizoom
    Mistizoom Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Since this thread got bumped, I'll put in a plug here for the Low Carber Daily Forum: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group and the keto group http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1143-keto here on MFP.
  • food247
    food247 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    So exited to be starting keto this weekend! I have the next week off so i'll be testing out new recipes. I would love some more friends for inspiration and support! Please add me :)
  • sarahbear1981
    sarahbear1981 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Also, I just wanted to reiterate that I am thrilled that so many people responded to this thread. I am so happy to have great new keto friends who motivate and inspire me. Feel free to add me or anyone else on this list if you need keto support!
  • MaggieLoo79
    MaggieLoo79 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I just started keto on Tuesday (it's Friday now). After 3 days, I've lost 9.3 pounds. I know it's water weight, but my body fat scale did show I lost 0.5 Lbs of fat. I'll take it! LOL. I had been doing lower carb (30%) before, but haven't been that successful. My bad days were wiping out my good. Since I started going below 20g net carbs a day, my cravings are disappearing. I am trying to find ways to add fat to my diet - it's hard after so many years of just small amounts of healthy fat. I'd love meal suggestions! Add me if you like! :)
  • n1colesawchuk
    Options
    I am also looking for friends who are struggling with keto - well struggling to stay in ketosis and of course struggling to lose weight. I love the food and love the concept but this is hard for me as I feel horrible when my carbs are low and I have not lost weight. Yes - I realize my carbs are too high but I started doing that for a reason as my blood glucose levels kept rising and rising and I started feeling horrible!
    - I always log my cheats and I am honest about what I eat. I would just love to have others in the same boat to encourage me not to throw in the towel and give suggestions to each other!
  • djessence2
    djessence2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just started the Keto diet....today.....very nervous that my macros aren't correct
  • djessence2
    djessence2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just started keto on Tuesday (it's Friday now). After 3 days, I've lost 9.3 pounds. I know it's water weight, but my body fat scale did show I lost 0.5 Lbs of fat. I'll take it! LOL. I had been doing lower carb (30%) before, but haven't been that successful. My bad days were wiping out my good. Since I started going below 20g net carbs a day, my cravings are disappearing. I am trying to find ways to add fat to my diet - it's hard after so many years of just small amounts of healthy fat. I'd love meal suggestions! Add me if you like! :)
    This is awesome!!!!
  • mongoosealamode
    mongoosealamode Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I just started today! I generally didn't eat a ton of carbs anyway but one thing that I noticed was when I ate bread I would go into this craze of wanting/needing bread all day for days. So, I'm done. I have been looking up recipes and things for a few days and have made a few things already. Most of the day I wasn't hungry (Awesome! Finally!!) and when I did get a little hungry around 4:30, I made some beef bullion broth. Mmm.

Feel free to message me about recipes and things I've found!
  • angellak
    angellak Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I've done low carb before, but not necessarily high fat. I'm thinking about doing low carb again. The one issue I had was not having energy. How are your energy levels. Also what about your cholesterol levels. Are they high or have your numbers improved? I'm just concerned about the amount saturated fat.
  • KrissyDiaz11
    KrissyDiaz11 Posts: 32 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Ive haven't had any energy lately....just feel blah. I am so confused about my fat/protein intake. Right now my goal is 80% fat 15% protein 5% carbs, not sure where I got that info from(reading or watching Stephanie Persons YouTube) l am losing weight but yesterday I was reading on FB other people do way more protein. I do usually go over the15% protein (usually 18 - 20) and usually a little under on my fat. Confused :(
  • jarede19
    jarede19 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am doing zero/low carb and that's all I count - carbs. But now that I have been doing that for a while I am able to listen to my body. Eat when I am hungry, not eat when I am not hungry. Look for Zero Carbs - the easy way.......on FB. It's new, smaller then most groups and very supportive.
  • sarahbear1981
    sarahbear1981 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    angellak wrote: »
    I've done low carb before, but not necessarily high fat. I'm thinking about doing low carb again. The one issue I had was not having energy. How are your energy levels. Also what about your cholesterol levels. Are they high or have your numbers improved? I'm just concerned about the amount saturated fat.
    The saturated fat is not neccesarily a cause for concern. There are numerous research studies that suggest the actual cause of heart disease and high blood pressure is caused by insulin spikes which can be almost completely avoided by consuming low carbs. The high fat intake is what gives you energy and allows your body to burn fat for fuel. I got this information from Keto Clarity by Jimmy Moore and Dr. Westman.