I'm curious how many military people we have here. Active, reserve, or spouse.

13»

Replies

• jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Active, serving in the Australian Navy, joined to meet new people and challenge myself

Man, I loved pulling into port and seeing an Aussie ship moored to the pier. You guys were a blast to hit the town with.

• danielabe1985
    danielabe1985 Posts: 1,582 Member
    jnichel wrote: »
    Active, serving in the Australian Navy, joined to meet new people and challenge myself

Man, I loved pulling into port and seeing an Aussie ship moored to the pier. You guys were a blast to hit the town with.

the feeling is mutual mate, some of the best times i've had is with the boys and girls from the US navy
  • Belle8312
    Belle8312 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Veteran Air Force, I am also inactive ready reserve until May 2016.
    Let myself kind of fall apart after I got out....my first civilian job was 14-16 hour days. No energy or time for working out, let alone eating right. I got a better job, as a contractor on an AF base and am slowly getting back to what I used to do.
  • bob108819
    bob108819 Posts: 267 Member
    Retired Navy (24 years). Here to keep getting better!
  • funjen1972
    funjen1972 Posts: 949 Member
    Army veteran 1991 - 1995! I'm 42 now & have kept in fairly good shape. Funny, I hated running when I was told to run, but now I love it!
  • Navy vet from '88 forward. Here having fun and causing trouble, it's what Navy Divers do best!
  • Thank you for serving peeps! And congrats to the mom with the great son!

Nothing sexier than US military.

EgFBfnn.gif

• jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Navy vet from '88 forward. Here having fun and causing trouble, it's what Navy Divers do best!

Diver, huh? Did you ever server on the Ortolan or Pigeon?
  • guitarrckr
    guitarrckr Posts: 1,717 Member
    12 years Air Force :)
    Crew Chief on the General's Bird (F-16's)
  • sjtejeda
    sjtejeda Posts: 4 Member
    A big thanks to all who served and are serving and are preparing themselves to serve! Both my parents wer USAF and my bro was in the Marines. Been to a few air shows and seeing but most of all HEARING the sound of our fighter jets roaring overhead makes my heart swell with national pride! I love it.
    GOD BLESS AMERICA!
  • Mauthos
    Mauthos Posts: 128 Member
    EX RAF, was in shape whilst in, developed diabetes was told I had to leave, got depressed and then fat. Wasn't good in the long run so now I am only 2kg off my original RAF weight. So all good again. :smile:
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,817 Member
    edited February 2015
    Ex South African National Defence Force, Mechanised Infantry. I also grew up in a military house.

I got lazy so I decided to change.
  • Becka4Real
    Becka4Real Posts: 1,527 Member
    I'm a Navy wife. Very proud of my sailor who works 12+ hour days at times without complaining. <3
  • danielabe1985
    danielabe1985 Posts: 1,582 Member
    no point complaining when you love your job,
  • IllBeBack1Day
    IllBeBack1Day Posts: 982 Member
    One year in the Army back home .
    Joined MFP for better food choices and counting macros. Stay in for my confidence and my kid mainly
  • IllBeBack1Day
    IllBeBack1Day Posts: 982 Member
    Stay in shape+
  • cmmull67
    cmmull67 Posts: 170 Member
    USAF, Retired. Additional 8 yrs as a DoD contractor. I have a 14 yr old who runs cross-country, track, and plays basketball. I got out of shape, and need to regain some fitness to keep up with him.
  • OH ANG acft. machinist & welder. Still serving but hired civilian during the week on base. Same as active without the BS.

Doing this to help me with my pt test. Got a bet with the super that I can lap him lol.
  • LiftingRiot
    LiftingRiot Posts: 6,946 Member
    Mauthos wrote: »
    EX RAF, was in shape whilst in, developed diabetes was told I had to leave, got depressed and then fat. Wasn't good in the long run so now I am only 2kg off my original RAF weight. So all good again. :smile:

Nice. Well done