What diet plan works best for you?

Hi, ive been following lchf which works well, but its not something i could do long term. So im switching to eating a calorie controlled balanced diet, just natural foods nothing processed. What plans do you all follow?

Replies

• myfatass78
    myfatass78 Posts: 411 Member
    I just cut back calories and stopped eating crap.
  • cherylann11
    cherylann11 Posts: 67 Member
    Yeah ive stopped eating crap too!!
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited February 2015
    I just count my calories. I do make an effort to get my protein, fats and fiber. Concentrating on those has moderated my carbs to around 200-250. I'm losing inches and pounds like crazy. Down 27 lbs since end of December and down 2 sizes.

My current way of eating is long term sustainable because I'm not eliminating any foods.

Edit: I did have to stop pasta because I could eat half a pound (measured when dry) by myself at one sitting. I'm adding it back in now that my portion control has improved. I stopped no other carbs.
  • cherylann11
    Wow AmazonMayan well done! Do you mind me asking what your macros are set at?
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited February 2015
    I aim for 160g protein. 70-80g fat. 60g fiber. Rest falls where it falls.

It's pretty close to what is suggested for me.

And thank you :-)

Edited again lol I do have a lot to lose and I'm 6' tall so I have a lot of calories to work with.
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    I'm aiming to eat healthier, but I haven't cut out anything at all, I still eat plenty of junk food! As long as it fits in my calories I'm happy to eat it. I eat less chocolate and stuff like that, but still eat it. I'm also trying to find ways to add in more exercise to my day. I always go for walks at lunch and over the last few weeks I've started trying to walk faster (and noticed that my regular walking pace has increased, too) and taking different routes that involve more steps.
  • cherylann11
    Yeah I'm with you there, I've started to do more exercise too, I'm afraid its too easy to be lazy, I'm doing aerobics twice a week and leaving the car at home for local journeys and walking
  • cmeher527
    cmeher527 Posts: 3 Member
    I have tried every diet/plan known to man and didn't get results until I tried Herbalife. I've been on it since last July. Its the best thing I've ever done for myself. I lost 26 lbs and so far have kept them off and NEVER felt better. Unlike other diet plans Herbalife gives you energy to actually want to be active. I started walking regularly last summer and gradually morphed into running...me, running...what???? and I love it!!! This stuff has changed my life!
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Not so much a diet plan as a different eating pattern - 5:2, where you eat at maintenance 5 days a weeks and have 2 very low calorie days to create a small weekely deficit.
    Didn't have to change what I ate or exclude anything and found it far easier than trying to maintain a daily calorie deficit.

Been maintaining with a 6:1 eating pattern for quite some time now - 1 very low calorie day and 6 days at a small surplus give me a calorie balance over the course of a week.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Calorie weighing and logging .. initially to a defecit and now trying to

Batch cooking at weekend for healthy lunches to grab and go, and suppers when I can't be bothered cooking

Moving more .. lots more actually .. but that's snuck up on me and I love it
  • Wiseandcurious
    Wiseandcurious Posts: 730 Member
    Calorie restriction, balanced macros and only cutting out foods which threaten compliance (luckily in my case that's exactly one specific food, not a food group or type; everything else I can eat in moderation).

Oh just to be fair, while I happily eat processed food in general, I avoid buying anything that's illegal to add to food in Europe where I used to live but which North Americans are still happily munching. Mostly that means certain artificial colors so I guess I do have some self-imposed restrictions other than calories, but I've always done that so no effect on diet.
  • canoepug56
    canoepug56 Posts: 161 Member
    Keto works for me.If I eat carbs I cant stop.I've dropped 40 lb's on it.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    No Diet™.

Counting calories and macronutrients.

Setting realistic goals.

Taking personal responsibility, everything that goes in my mouth is put there by me, I have the choice as to what I eat.

No deprivation of food groups.

Realising food is food, "junk/healthy/bad/good/fattening/processed" are all relative terms, and that with a bit of thought anything can be fit in to a balanced diet.
  • sarahanncarson
    sarahanncarson Posts: 50 Member
    Once I found my TDEE goals, it made my life so much easier. And I don't feel like I'm on a diet. It's just my new way of eating. Take a look: http://iifym.com/tdee-calculator/
  • cherylann11
    Thanks for all your comments guys
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    eating less. moving more. weighing food.
  • cherylann11
    Once I found my TDEE goals, it made my life so much easier. And I don't feel like I'm on a diet. It's just my new way of eating. Take a look: http://iifym.com/tdee-calculator/

Thanks for the link
  • YalithKBK
    YalithKBK Posts: 317 Member
    No special diet for me. Just count calories and have everything in moderation. I eat salads, pasta, pizza, lean meats, pancakes, cereal, cookies, brownies, and ice cream!
  • SilverRose89
    SilverRose89 Posts: 447 Member
    edited February 2015
    Hi, ive been following lchf which works well, but its not something i could do long term. So im switching to eating a calorie controlled balanced diet, just natural foods nothing processed. What plans do you all follow?

The "eat less calories than I use" plan.

• cherylann11
    YalithKBK wrote: »
    No special diet for me. Just count calories and have everything in moderation. I eat salads, pasta, pizza, lean meats, pancakes, cereal, cookies, brownies, and ice cream!
    Yum!