Any recipes for chicken breasts

Options
2»

Replies

• thecraftinista
    thecraftinista Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I recently made this super tasty spicy shredded chicken for tacos in my slowcooker. Was super simply and required very little effort.

I put 1 cup of dried lentils in the bottom of my slowcooker, followed by 4 trimmed skinless, boneless chicken breasts, one can of spicy diced tomatoes and 3 tbsp of my homemade taco seasoning and I put it on high. After about four hours, I took a fork and started to shred the chicken. After another hour, I shredded it a bit more and added 1 cup of frozen corn and let cook for a remaining 30 minutes or so. Tada!

I paired it with homemade tortillas, low fat cheese, spinach, tomatoes, cucumbers and red peppers. It was gooood and super easy to make.
  • Ginaaa71
    Ginaaa71 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Omg you guys are all awesome with fantastic ideas! Thank you all so much
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    speaking of chix - I just chopped up tons of chicken - so 'cited for my chicken salad for lunch on this snowed-in day ... and I'm out of mayonnaise. Doh!
  • shabaity
    shabaity Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Italian dressing can of green beans can of new potatos(both strained) 6-8 chicken pieces or 4 quarters in a baking pan on 325-350 for 45 min tho if your using breast I'd cut into check. And voila dinner for one with leftovers for 3+ more meals or a family meal.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Someone on my friend's list just posted this. I think the marinade would be great on the chicken even without making the quesadillas.
    http://realfoodbydad.com/tequila-chicken-quesadillas/
  • jennbo83
    jennbo83 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I marinate in lemon juice, minced garlic and black pepper. Ideally it would be in the marinate for as long as possible before cooking. I usually BBQ it afterwards but you could also cook it on the stove or bake it. :)
  • jimandpam87
    jimandpam87 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    If you have a crockpot I really enjoy buffalo chicken. A few boneless, skinless chicken breasts, one bottle of Texas Pete, and a packet of Ranch dressing mix. Cook for about 4 hours on high. The chicken shreds and is really tasty on tacos, by itself, or leftover on salads.
  • Ginaaa71
    Ginaaa71 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Yummy I can't wait to try this
  • kthew12
    kthew12 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Chipotle chicken is lush, a chopped onion and 2 garlic cloves crushed, fry in a few fry lite sprays. Add to slow cooker with 2 chicken breasts, a tin of chopped tomatoes, half a tea spoon of brown sugar and 2 tsp chipotle paste. Cook for 6 hours on low and then shred with two forks and mix with sauce. Serves 3, only around150 cal a serving!
  • CObluegrass
    CObluegrass Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    pound 'em, stuff 'em, roll 'em up, bread 'em and bake 'em. You can put almost anything inside. This is one of my favorite recipes for that:
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/04/chicken-rollatini-with-spinach-alla.html
  • taco_inspector
    taco_inspector Posts: 7,223 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    pound 'em, stuff 'em, roll 'em up, bread 'em and bake 'em. You can put almost anything inside. This is one of my favorite recipes for that:
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/04/chicken-rollatini-with-spinach-alla.html

Oh yess... you can cheat your way around some of the cheese-blends in this and other stuffing recipe(s) by using Greek Cream Cheese (read the label, yummy in many ways). Whip in some fresh chives, green onions, lots'a baby spinach & stuff your pounded breasts!
  • punchgut
    punchgut Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Leave the breasts on the whole chicken. Roast the chicken, 45-ish minutes at 435F for 4-5 lbs. chicken (Thigh temp with instant read thermometer of 165). Let rest 10-15 minutes. Carve and eat.

Variations:
    Roast with garlic, bay, lemon and thyme in cavity
    Roast on top of cauliflower with above in cavity and enjoy the roasted cauliflower with the chicken.

• glutenfreechic
    glutenfreechic Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Tear a large square of tinfoil, place chicken breast on it and season both sides, wrap up snugly.

Place seasoned chicken wrapped in tinfoil in baking dish. Bake for 30 mins.

Ideally remove from oven when almost cooked and rest for 5-10MINS.

Always tender, super easy, great for when you really can't be bothered cooking, and your seasoning possibilities are unlimited. Needs no oil. Just put it on a plate of fresh salad and you're good to go. It's my go-to chicken recipe and it's so simple