Breasts still a D cup

Options

Replies

• NicoleisQuantized
    NicoleisQuantized Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I would be very upset if mine dropped below an F cup. D is not a large cup size at all....
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    SusanDLP wrote: »
    Mine never get much smaller with weight loss. I am having a reduction on 3/20!! DDDs to B. So excited.

Mine never shrunk and they were waaay too big for my frame. I had a reduction in 2009 (38DDD to 36 full C) and it was the best thing I ever did. I still have big boobs for my body but they fit me so much better and make clothes fitting much easier.

Plus, no more headaches and backaches. Good luck with your surgery!
  • FitGal4ever42
    FitGal4ever42 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    Pics or it didn't happen B)

Stole my line..

OP.. you poor thing.. sorry.
  • shaynepoole
    shaynepoole Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    my cup size actually got bigger for a while until my body settled in - I started with a 48DD and as my back (and the rest of me) shrunk, I actually had to go up to a 38DDD for a while, now I am more balanced at a 34D which is apparently where it settled to - so no complaints here :) but at least for me, I didn't lose weight evenly
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    not for nothing, but a D cup is actually not all that large. It depends more on the band size than the cup size. So, hopefully your band size has gone down and that is what should matter most.
  • fitbit8
    fitbit8 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    ErikThaRed wrote: »
    this thread needs more pics

I second this

Third
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    In addition to some of these good answers:

Bra size is proportional. So in pop culture we like to refer to things as like, "a D cup" as if that is a static thing. But it's actually in relation to the band measurement.

And bra sizes have sister sizes, because they are proportional.

A woman with a 38D is very similar to a woman with a 36DD or a 40C. And if you wear a 38D, and lose a bit of weight, 36DD will be the next one you'd try on, then maybe 36D. Doubtful you'll get to 36C, as that's actually quite a change in *proportion*.

Usually, as band size goes up 1, cup goes down one. As band size shrinks 1, cup goes up 1.

And on top of that, popular retailers are actually using a wonky sizing method. If you ever go into a boutique where they sell bras using the better sizing method, your number will seem crazy to you. And the big chains aren't sized exactly the same across stores, or even across lines.

Depending on how I gain/lose, I can be a 32DDD, 34DD, 36D (where I'm at now). That's just me proportionally getting smaller. And I would be smaller, at 32DDD, even though like, wow, 3 Ds!

So all this to say... you don't know how you will lose fat (proportionally or not) or when it will come off what areas of your body. But the letter isn't probably something you should focus on too much because it's actually pretty much the most inaccurate and least important thing to look at to judge how your breasts are changing.

Get fitted often, especially if you're losing a lot. Measure yourself. Take photos. And keep your old bras for cup comparisons.

all of that.

• DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Mine never seem to get smaller than a D either. I lost 66lbs after my 2nd baby and they were a D then. I'm now losing weight after my third baby and my boobs haven't got that much smaller. I have an hourglass figure, I'm fine with that.
  • benjaminhk
    benjaminhk Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Giggity giggity goo.

Glenn_Quagmire.png
  • trixie315
    trixie315 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Mine only went down maybe 1 cup size but it's hard to tell since the band is way smaller. I used to wear a 40DDD at my larges and now wear a 34DDD. I was a DD at one point though, some people just carry more fat there and that is why they lose there. For me it's all just breast tissue so it's not really going anywhere. You probably have the same issue- makes it hard to find bras/sports or otherwise and wear smaller sizes or types of shirts because they are so big. I can't wear anything button down that's for sure! I feel your pain!
  • lexlowe
    lexlowe Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    My body slims out..my butt is in a small however my breasts are still a D cup??? :(
    Preferable to having a big a** and ity-bitty mouse breasts. Don't look gift breasts in the mouth.
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    lexlowe wrote: »
    Don't look gift breasts in the mouth.

Terrifying Mental Image time!

• kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11, 155lbs and a G Cup (32 Band). Are we comparing here? Honestly, it's where the fat comes off. Mine tends to live in my boobs and the hips. Something you either have to live with or get surgery to correct.
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    <I'm a D...and I'm okay with it.
  • lngbrd
    lngbrd Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    this thread needs more pics

Agreed!

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    With ninety pounds down, my excess skin/fat is congregated in my hips, thighs, and breasts. That means there's a lot around my breast area to be tucked in. I need a lot of help with fitting and the shape of the bra is important.
  • Katiebear_81
    Katiebear_81 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Oh, to be a D-cup again! I haven't worn that size since I was 16! I have to say - I lost a massive amount of weight a few years ago, and went from an 34H to a 30F. Unfortunately, they looked better more full.

I'd love to get a reduction and lift. Right now, my bra leaves indents on my shoulders, has rubbed my skin raw on my sides, and leaves compression marks on my back for hours. I've tried different styles/brands/sizes... and nothing helps. Boyfriend says I should just go without... but I just can't bring myself to do it!
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    moijo705 wrote: »
    I would be very upset if mine dropped below an F cup. D is not a large cup size at all....

^^^^ agreed this is making me laugh so much... Im sure a D cup is the same in the uk as the usa etc. ???

I just looked on a conversion site...it says a 34D in the UK is a 34C in the US. Not sure if that's right. And a DD in the UK is a D in the US.
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,255 Member
    Options
    Why is this a question?