Options

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Burn even more calories:

GIF-Doing-laundry.gif

I'm going to start doing this. What is the exact number of calories it will burn?

Dammit! I only put 2,000

Change it! You can eat like... 9,000 more calories today. Sorry I don't even math.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Wow, 9 pages.
    LAUNDRY IS certainly an interdasting topic today.
  • FunkenWagnel
    FunkenWagnel Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Burn even more calories:

GIF-Doing-laundry.gif

I'm going to start doing this. What is the exact number of calories it will burn?

Dammit! I only put 2,000

Change it! You can eat like... 9,000 more calories today. Sorry I don't even math.

Good to know :smiley:

• DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Basically I believe that a household chore can be counted as exercise, if it doesn't occur more than once every 2 weeks or once a week, if it's unusually strenuous & takes at least twice the amount of time, than usual. Like how I mentioned earlier, if 1 has a toddler that expects you to carry them around in the clean clothes basket for fun; while also having to go up/down stairs. I logged snow shoveling because so far this Winter, I've only done it twice; not more than once or twice a week.

I'd agree that snow shovelling is probably hard work (not that I've ever had to do, we don't get a lot of snow here) if you do it for long enough. But carrying a toddler round? That's just normal life if you have a toddler! I live in a 2nd floor flat and have to carry my 10 month old up and down the stairs, but I sure don't log that.
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    Basically I believe that a household chore can be counted as exercise, if it doesn't occur more than once every 2 weeks or once a week, if it's unusually strenuous & takes at least twice the amount of time, than usual. Like how I mentioned earlier, if 1 has a toddler that expects you to carry them around in the clean clothes basket for fun; while also having to go up/down stairs. I logged snow shoveling because so far this Winter, I've only done it twice; not more than once or twice a week.

I'd agree that snow shovelling is probably hard work (not that I've ever had to do, we don't get a lot of snow here) if you do it for long enough. But carrying a toddler round? That's just normal life if you have a toddler! I live in a 2nd floor flat and have to carry my 10 month old up and down the stairs, but I sure don't log that.

Your right. I still have to carry my 10 year old round, not logging thst as exercise, as i was carrying her while i was gaining weight too
  • Basically I believe that a household chore can be counted as exercise, if it doesn't occur more than once every 2 weeks or once a week, if it's unusually strenuous & takes at least twice the amount of time, than usual. Like how I mentioned earlier, if 1 has a toddler that expects you to carry them around in the clean clothes basket for fun; while also having to go up/down stairs. I logged snow shoveling because so far this Winter, I've only done it twice; not more than once or twice a week.

I believe that you partially misunderstood my comment, it wasn't about just carrying around a toddler but also how, the weight of the toddler is distributed & along with other weight. Carrying a toddler around, with most of their weight & by themselves, on ones hip, is a lot different than carrying around that toddler; in a laundry basket & along with the weight of the laundry, while also with one's arms; rather than hips supporting most of that weight load. It's sort of like losing 100 Pounds of body fat but then carrying 100 Pounds worth of bowling balls instead.
  • DawnieB1977
    Options
    Yes, but you expect things like this when you have children! I have three. We live by the beach and it's a pebbly beach and I often drag the heavy pram (icandy) down the pebbles so my other 2 can play by the sea, and then drag it back up again. I've never considered logging that, but it's harder than some of the weight lifting I do in PT sessions. It's just part of being a mummy!
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    83974-George-Costanza-watching-laund-d6pJ.gif
  • jennifershoo
    Options
    Zq2MyFg.gif
  • jennifershoo
    Options
    1236956567_parishiltonpouringdetergent.gif
  • jennifershoo
    Options
    anigif_enhanced-buzz-22901-1379356685-0.gif
  • jennifershoo
    Options
    l3ea.gif
  • DawnieB1977
    Options
    herrspoons wrote: »
    I think if someone is looking to eke out calories from daily household activities on what is already an estimate with an allowance for activity they need to re-evaluate their plan.

One off activities, yes. Regular activities are already accounted for.

Exactly.
  • smythepatricia90
    smythepatricia90 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Wow, 9 pages.

Yea..... Buring a lot of calories.....
  • HardcoreP0rk
    HardcoreP0rk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Wow, 9 pages.

9 pages of the same unfunny jokes and shocking tales of herculean laundry efforts that go unlogged.

People are generally terrible. More gifs please.

• iluvpurple2175
    iluvpurple2175 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    OMG! None of these people understand the struggle! I do this and I have 4 over sized loads that I carry to the car from inside the house to the car than into the laundry mat and then I walk across yhe street home and clean the house than I walk back 45 min later and carry those huge 4 baskets over flowing with heavy wet clothes, blankets, towels ect.... Back to my car than out of the car and all the way to the dryer in tye back of the house in sorry for you people that thinks momming and house work does notcount as exercise but it does because I clean house all day long with no sitting. Cleaning top to bottom (squats) lifting heavy laundry and children (lifting) walking and sprinting all over the house after ypur kids and animals (cardio) it all counts so when I saw this I understood the struggle because I do this and my arms are killing me and I am sweating and tired so yes honey we are burning calories and all these people commenting clearly do NOT work as hard as we do cleaning the house and doing laundry. Someone probably does it for them or they are only doing there own and can not think past there own experiences.
    So here is what I am going to do, see how many calories you burn while lifting 100 lbs cause that is how much my wet laundry weighs! And round out the walking distance and add them. There ya go there is your laundry workout!

• iluvpurple2175
    edited October 2017
    Options
    OMG! None of these people understand the struggle! I do this and I have 4 over sized loads that I carry to the car from inside the house to the car than into the laundry mat and then I walk across the street home and clean the house than I walk back 45 min later and carry those huge 4 baskets over flowing with heavy wet clothes, blankets, towels ect.... Back to my car than out of the car and all the way to the dryer in the back of the house I'm sorry for you people that think momming and house work does not count as exercise but it does because I clean house all day long with no sitting. Cleaning top to bottom (squats) lifting heavy laundry and children (lifting) walking and sprinting all over the house after your kids and animals (cardio) it all counts so when I saw this I understood the struggle because I do this and my arms are killing me and I am sweating and tired so yes honey we are burning calories and all these people commenting clearly do NOT work as hard as we do cleaning the house and doing laundry. Someone probably does it for them or they are only doing there own and can not think past there own experiences. These people obviously take care of them selves and nobody else.

• iluvpurple2175
    edited October 2017
    Options
    These are wet waiting to go in the dryer and one huge one is already in there so yes that *kitten* counts!
  • iluvpurple2175
    Options
    let's say – you don't have a washer that works the dryer yes. so you have to load the basket put it in the car wash the laundry taking 30 minutes by machine come home with fresh washed clothes 10 times heavier in the basket. then dry these clothes with your dryer taking an hour or two plus folding putting them away . How many calories would you say this would be?

OMG! None of these people understand the struggle! I do this and I have 4 over sized loads that I carry to the car from inside the house to the car than into the laundry mat and then I walk across yhe street home and clean the house than I walk back 45 min later and carry those huge 4 baskets over flowing with heavy wet clothes, blankets, towels ect.... Back to my car than out of the car and all the way to the dryer in tye back of the house in sorry for you people that thinks momming and house work does notcount as exercise but it does because I clean house all day long with no sitting. Cleaning top to bottom (squats) lifting heavy laundry and children (lifting) walking and sprinting all over the house after ypur kids and animals (cardio) it all counts so when I saw this I understood the struggle because I do this and my arms are killing me and I am sweating and tired so yes honey we are burning calories and all these people commenting clearly do NOT work as hard as we do cleaning the house and doing laundry. Someone probably does it for them or they are only doing there own and can not think past there own experiences.

Yes that *kitten* counts!
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    At least it's October.