Unexpected results of weight loss

Options

Replies

• silverarcheress
    silverarcheress Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Running and dancing have become easy and something I feel I'm doing for fun rather than specifically for exercise.
  • Weazy16
    Weazy16 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I sure am looking forward to all of these wonderful things such as my belly not being so heavy that I have to hold it up at times to give my back a break, to not have sore hips and knees, to rid of depression and lack of confidence, no more rubbing thighs, large breastsand feeling embarrassed! Really looking forward to all of the above
  • mrsmuckster
    mrsmuckster Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Following my vacation, I was excited to post pictures including pictures of me - I never liked to post pictures of me.
  • janegalt37
    janegalt37 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    I can swim further and faster and I don't feel like I'm about to die the entire next day. And I've only lost 15 pounds, hopefully it'll be even better when the final 20 go.
  • Lola3009
    Lola3009 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have kind of had to relearn how to keep my balance. I'm used to hauling around 300+ lbs. and it doesn't take quite as much effort to move around at 200 lbs. A couple of months ago I face planted when I got up from the couch. I used a little too much force standing up and the momentum just kept me going forward until I was face down on the ottoman. My husband laughed so hard he cried.

:#
  • Tim_CNY
    Tim_CNY Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    In addition to my butt getting sore sitting on hard surfaces, I bruised my spine taking a bath over the weekend. Not that comfortable laying on my back now either :(
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    im sure its been said and i am sure other guys will vouch

"its" gotten bigger
  • Rosie5151
    Rosie5151 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Great question.. ! So, when I used to sit, my butt didn't hurt and now it does! My calves... hubs said they were smaller the other day! Climbing ladder at work..afraid of what others would say never mind the fear of an obese women falling. Now I can climb and I actaully am not afraid. Clipping my toe nails while breathing! lol sad but true. Crossing my legs like a women. My brain has not caught up to the losses yet. I still struggle day to day on what has changed when I look in the mirror. This was a good question to make me stop and realize, maybe I did do something positive!
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Going from a 13.5 shoe size to a 11.
  • hanajbanana
    hanajbanana Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    MrCoolGrim wrote: »
    Having to buy a new belt to hold my pants up.

I found an old belt I used to wear with jeans, only a medium but I wear a small now in the same brand, this morning to replace one on my coat that's got lost. I thought it would be OK because I really didn't think I'd lost that much around my waist and it'd be over all my clothes and around a big thick coat - it was several inches too big, and even round all that material, when I put the belt on the worn notch where I used to wear it, it must've been over ten inches too big! And there was me moaning that my belly hadn't shrunk! A good start to today (but I've still got a bit of belly to get rid of - I'm not letting myself off that easily!)
  • jeanniebeanie59
    jeanniebeanie59 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    bwmalone wrote: »
    Newest ones for me ...

I remember now WHY kids run and play so often - because it's FUN and feels good! Yesterday, I was pushing a cart full of stuff from the store back to my car, and had a sudden urge to RUN while pushing the cart... So I did. It just felt fantastic that I CAN, and it didn't HURT, and when I got to the car, though I felt maybe a little silly to be a 40something year old man running across the Costco parking lot with a grocery cart full of stuff, I was grinning from ear to ear... Three months ago, If that thought had crossed my mind, it would have quickly been followed with "Better not.. my knee will hurt, I'll be sweaty and out of breath and I'll feel horrible for the rest of the day."

I just feel *better*.
    Every day tasks are easier.
    I have more focus.
    I wake up feeling more refreshed.
    I fall asleep easier.
    I am happier.

LOVE this!!

• CanToGirl
    CanToGirl Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    It's a small minor thing but I notice how "vain-y" the tops of my hands and bottom of my wrists are.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!