help me I just want to give up!

Options
2»

Replies

• Valrotha
    Valrotha Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Persistence and consistency are the keys to success, assuming you've got the basics down. Almost all of us have been where you are now. Don't give up. One week is simply not enough time to see meaningful results.

One of my favorite phrases I see touted occasionally is, "In three months you'll thank yourself."
  • DanniB423
    DanniB423 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I eat well and work out for a week and I'm like "Am I Pamela Anderson circa 1995 yet?!?!" But no. Sadly the pay off comes a bit slower but I assure you it comes! Do not give up! I love the phrase "A year from now you'll wish you started today." It is on my refrigerator.
  • taymam
    taymam Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    This formula is pretty fool proof my dear. You did not gain all that weight in a day and you will not lose it in a day either. Have faith and eat well. Don't overdo the work outs at first, you will wear yourself out fast. Change your food first, it takes about a month to actually feel full after eating, cravings will curb and you will get more energy that you can dedicate to working out. Weight loss isn't linear. Some weeks you won't lose anything but other weeks you may lose 5 pounds. And watch your nutrition, protein will make you feel full longer (kw calorie high protein options include cottage cheese, greek yogurt). Try tweaking your food to make your daily goals and vitamin requirements
  • taymam
    taymam Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    You got this! I wish you all the best. Maybe if you have time make a motivation board. Put it somewhere You can see it every morning or where you work out or in the kitchen. Or all three
  • mommazach
    mommazach Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    If you want fast results drop wheat. Just all wheat for a month. I dropped 24lbs in the first month. Continue to excercise and remind yourself it's about you. Find motivation and support people who are struggling too and add them on your list. Drink plenty of fluids. The more you are hydrated the less extra you retain. And don't cheat yourself. Make everything accurate and be accountable to you. I don't weigh but once every couple of weeks and I'm on 1200 calories. Ohhhh and not drinking during meals allows the food to remain at the top of your stomach and you feel fuller longer. I generally wait 30 minutes after a meal to drink. Best of luck to you on your journey
  • dominique2549
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the support I will keep at it and yes today I will start to drink a lot more water !!!!
  • mumblemagic
    mumblemagic Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    wizzybeth wrote: »
    Also make sure your logging is accurate. Be very meticulous with food measuring (use a food scale preferably ) and verify the calories and nutrition info in the food database. Sometimes it's wrong!

Also do not eat back all of your exercise calories as MFP overestimates how many calories you burn during exercise. I usually take about half of what MFP gives me.

Your body is on its own timeframe. Also keep in mind you could have lost but still be retaining water esp if you ate something high in sodium.

Finally make sure you are weighing yourself at the same time in the same clothing and under the same conditions...I always weigh first thing in the morning after going to the bathroom, in my underwear. If I weigh later after I've had anything to eat or drink I will weigh more due to what I've just consumed. Also clothing makes a huge difference. That's why I weigh in my undies.

Don't give up. You've only just begun. Also make sure 1280 isn't too low for you. I eat about 1350 and am "just" satisfied.

This except I weigh naked!
  • mumblemagic
    mumblemagic Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    mommazach wrote: »
    If you want fast results drop wheat. Just all wheat for a month. I dropped 24lbs in the first month. Continue to excercise and remind yourself it's about you. Find motivation and support people who are struggling too and add them on your list. Drink plenty of fluids. The more you are hydrated the less extra you retain. And don't cheat yourself. Make everything accurate and be accountable to you. I don't weigh but once every couple of weeks and I'm on 1200 calories. Ohhhh and not drinking during meals allows the food to remain at the top of your stomach and you feel fuller longer. I generally wait 30 minutes after a meal to drink. Best of luck to you on your journey

Not this. This is unhealthy.
  • davidlashbrook
    Options
    Dominique, that is great that you seem posting here and asking for help! Getting support from others has been the difference maker for me losing weight. I joined an awesome accountability group on Facebook and it helps so much. We all log our MFP macros, report our calories consumed vs target and say what our workout was for each day. It really helps to keep you honest and on track! It makes you really want to post close to your targets. But if you are having a bad day they are great at supporting and encouraging you to really bring it the next day! I can't imagine where i would be without my accountability family! If you want to join mine, there's plenty of room. Let me know. If not there are plenty out there. Either way keep your head up and work consistently everyday and you will reach your goal!
  • dominique2549
    Options
    herrspoons wrote: »
    My first week calorie counting I have set the app to lose 2lbs per week so I am on 1280per day I did that I burned 1400 in the gym my body is killing me yet I only lost 2oz I feel like givving up

1,400 Kcal in the gym?

What were you doing?

All cardio running bike rower stepper everything
  • dominique2549
    Options
    Day 10 and ive still only lost 2oz... im hanging in
    Here though guys
  • FunkenWagnel
    FunkenWagnel Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I would say a few things. One, it means this week, you lost weight, and you didn't gain! That's a good thing, and means your work is paying off NOW.

The other thing is, slower weight loss is easier to keep off.