Do you eat 3 or 6 meals a day?

Options

Replies

• getstrongkaylen
    getstrongkaylen Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    3 meals, 2 snacks in between... i go smaller on the meals and larger on the snacks... it works for me! granted, it's a little more work, but i premake my snacks at the beginning of the week and grab a go... i just find eating every 3 hours keeps the hunger pangs away!
  • cstevenson86
    cstevenson86 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Breakfast - Body By Vi shake - 7am
    Snack - Cottage cheese & almonds - 11:30am
    Lunch - Body By Vi Shake - Somewhere between 1 and 2pm
    Snack - Greek Yogurt - Somewhere between 3 and 4pm
    Dinner - Whatever I want!
    Snack - If I feel like one
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    As you can see everyone has their own way of breaking up the day. I do 3 big meals and 2-3 small snacks when I'm hungry. I don't like to get too hungry. I don't even think about it any more. Just do what is successful. :)
  • runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    I don't have a hard and fast rule about eating, but typically I eat twice a day. Once in mid-day (anywhere from noon - 4:00 p.m.). This is light. Many people would probably call it a snack. And one big meal in the evening/night.

Sometimes on the weekend I will only eat one meal.

I'm impressed. If you don't mind I would like to know

How long have you been following this lifestyle?
    Is it that now your schedule has been pretty much set that you don't feel hungry in the mornings?
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    3-5 breakfast, morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack, dinner. If I have a particularly large breakfast (like today at around 700 calories), I'll skip morning snack. Same philosophy for the rest of the day. Because I need a lot of calories and am a volume eater, I have to break it up most days to get in what I need.
  • KarenB927
    KarenB927 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I eat 2 meals a day. Always have and probably always will. Monday to Friday I eat lunch and dinner. Saturday and Sunday I eat breakfast and dinner.
  • runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    OP, To answer your question - restaurant meals make me sluggish. It's something about restaurant food for me.

But I don't eat outside much and mostly cook @ home. Maybe that's why. I don't know.
  • dougpconnell219
    dougpconnell219 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Three some days, two other days.
  • shabaity
    shabaity Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    2 and 1 on two snacks. I'm just not a morning eater
  • skinnyD2308
    skinnyD2308 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    3 meals - breakfast, lunch, dinner and 3 snacks - morning, afternoon, evening. On weekends, I'll usually skip the morning snack due to not having as many hours to go between breakfast and lunch, then I can add those calories to a bigger than usual lunch, dinner, or evening out.
  • CA_Underdog
    CA_Underdog Posts: 733 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I eat 3 meals and 3 snacks. Some days I skip a meal or snack. I'm not "rigid" in my meal sizes or meal timings--no need to be, as long as I hit my calorie goal!
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I realize that the myth of eating small meals more frequently is widely ignored. I even tried it and noticed it made me 1.) more stressed out trying to remember to eat 6 tines a day, and 2.) more apt to binge because I never felt satisfied. Which leaves me curious as to what all you lovely people are doing. Do big meals make you feel sluggish? Do smaller meals stress you out?

I eat 5-6 meals a day: breakfast, lunch, afternoon snack, dinner, bedtime snack, and occasionally a mid morning snack. I can't eat a big meal because of a hiatal hernia so I need to eat several smaller meals. I don't pay attention to the clock, just eat when I feel like it during those times. My stomach feels better, i don't get hungry, and I don't stress or get obsessed with when I am going to eat next.

• kjerome101
    kjerome101 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    i eat breakfast always, then i have a few healthy snacks for lunch, then eat dinner, then a small snack after dinner to help curb those late night munchies!
  • lemon629
    lemon629 Posts: 501 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I usually eat two meals, lunch and dinner. Sometimes I have a small afternoon snack (usually nuts). The days I eat breakfast I don't usually eat lunch.

I tried the three meals + two snacks a day plan several years ago. I hated it. I found myself thinking about food all the time, felt a little stressed over all the food planning, and those small meals did not satisfy me. So I was eating a lot yet not satisfied. Plus it was hard to remember to eat so often because I am not hungry five times a day. I strongly believe you should not eat when you are not hungry unless you have some kind of medical condition that requires it.

Some people do well on the 5-6 meals a day plan. I am just not one of them. Find what works for you and then stick to it.
  • Bukawww
    Bukawww Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    2 meals and a snack. I usually have coffee or iced tea in the morning, a big meal at 2pm, and a moderate meal around 6/7pm. I might have a snack at 9/10 if need be (serving of nuts, etc). I am usually up till 12/1a.

For me, I need to enjoy my food and feel satisfied after eating or I obsess about eating more. I can ignore hunger during the day knowing I have a fabulous meal or 2 to look forward to. I absolutely cannot ignore hunger while trying to sleep. Saving my calories for the latter part of the day is ideal for me to stay in my calorie range.
  • megablackk1d
    megablackk1d Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    5 meals a day for me
  • MeganFlanagan16
    MeganFlanagan16 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Six meals is better. 3 snacks and 3 full meals. Keeps your metabolism active.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    3 meals, 2 snacks, beer.
  • kmbweber2014
    kmbweber2014 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    3 meals during the week and usually just 2 on the weekends.