Lemonade diet

Options

Replies

• jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    we've all been there and looked for the quick fix. after all that we end up here. and we lose slowly. and have a far better chance of keeping it off. i lost 50lb two years ago and have kept it all off. im trying to lose the last 20lb now. slowly but surely. ive tried the pills, shakes , cleanses.... they dont last. u can totally do this. look at being healthier.. it matters more than losing a fast 5-10lb
  • techgal128
    techgal128 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    we've all been there and looked for the quick fix. after all that we end up here. and we lose slowly. and have a far better chance of keeping it off. i lost 50lb two years ago and have kept it all off. im trying to lose the last 20lb now. slowly but surely. ive tried the pills, shakes , cleanses.... they dont last. u can totally do this. look at being healthier.. it matters more than losing a fast 5-10lb

Bingo. Couldn't have said it better.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys I no this is totally great advice. I'll start working on calories counting and better eating habits... Just really frustrating when the results are slow... :neutral_face:

What is more frustrating ... losing slowly while maintaining your health or regaining all the weight you lost in an unhealthy manner?
  • AquabearGO
    AquabearGO Posts: 232 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Exactly

• AZTallguy
    AZTallguy Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try it for about 5 days. Why? I want to jump start my metabolism again and I'm on a high dose of blood thinners (rat poison). So anything I can do to stop overtaxing my liver and kidneys I'm going to try.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    AZTallguy wrote: »
    I'm going to try it for about 5 days. Why? I want to jump start my metabolism again and I'm on a high dose of blood thinners (rat poison). So anything I can do to stop overtaxing my liver and kidneys I'm going to try.

For the lurkers reading the thread- your metabolism does not need a jump start.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys I no this is totally great advice. I'll start working on calories counting and better eating habits... Just really frustrating when the results are slow... :neutral_face:

How slow is slow? Perhaps your expectations are set too high.

You started with a fad, regained what you lost are now jumping into another fad. Instead of looking for quick ways to lose weight, go for what is sustainable... so you don't have to keep yo-yoing.

Slow and steady wins the race.
  • AZTallguy
    Options
    Troutsy wrote: »

Pehaps you're right. Maybe I should have said "So I don't feel like a jar of Mayo".
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

How do you think this ridiculous combination is going to stop overtaxing your liver and kidneys, exactly?
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    i think he was being sarcastic. atleast that the way im going to take it
  • Azexas
    edited March 2015
    Options

Pehaps you're right. Maybe I should have said "So I don't feel like a jar of Mayo".

I'll post this again : http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1159755/looking-for-a-detox-cleanse#latest

If you think your blood thinner medication is taxing on your liver and kidneys you need to have a conversation with your prescribing doctor to have blood work done to determine function levels. Doing something like this while you are on medication can lead to serious adverse reactions.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options

0 for 2
  • Alatariel75
    Options
    i think he was being sarcastic. atleast that the way im going to take it

Gawd, I hope so.
  • AZTallguy
    Options

How do you think this ridiculous combination is going to stop overtaxing your liver and kidneys, exactly?

Not to start a contentious debate but do you not think that flushing the body out once in a while is good thing, especially for people who take lots of medications or drinks or does drugs.
  • Azexas
    edited March 2015
    Options

Not to start a contentious debate but do you not think that flushing the body out once in a while is good thing, especially for people who take lots of medications or drinks or does drugs.

It's not needed. If medications you are taking are taxing to the liver and kidneys then the prescriber should be monitoring blood work for function levels. There is no proof that these over the counter "cleanses" do anything.

What exactly are you flushing out? Please name some toxins.
  • AquabearGO
    AquabearGO Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Not to continue a contentious debate, but I dont think people that drink heavily or do drugs are at all concerned with flushing out their system for health reasons.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options

Are you referring to Detox, which is professionally and medically monitored? Because that is the only legitimate 'flushing out'. Over the counter or liquid 'cleanses'/'detoxes' are meant to treat non-existent conditions, AKA, cleanse your wallet. A REAL detox in a medical setting are meant for treatment in life-threatening situations/addictions aren't something that can be casually done or bought from a store.
  • AZTallguy
    Options
    AquabearGO wrote: »
    Not to continue a contentious debate, but I dont think people that drink heavily or do drugs are at all concerned with flushing out their system for health reasons.

I was refering to people who are getting sober. See my line of thought now?

• Alatariel75
    Options
    I think the best detox for someone who drinks or does drugs is to not drink or do drugs for a while. For someone on medication, they should be being monitored and should never undertake these bunk cleanses unless medically prescribed, as they can at best be useless and at worst be harmful.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Your body cleanses itself.