Starting on 3/1/15. Who is with me?

Options

Replies

• jenniferbilyeu
    Options
    I am definitely in!! I have 100 to lose, but am shooting for a short goal of 50lbs to start with. Always looking for motivation, and am looking to share all the positive motivation I have!! Good luck everyone!!
  • megankapler
    megankapler Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Can I join? I've gained 45 lbs in 2 1/2 years. Went from being very active to a desk job. I'm going to just focus on losing 10 lbs first and increasing my activity level.
  • jillbilly67
    jillbilly67 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Today I begin my journey. I am looking for some friends on MFP so we can keep each other accountable. If anyone is interested - join up. What do you have to lose?

• jillbilly67
    jillbilly67 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Im so ready! Today is my first official day of cutting calories. The hardest part of my new regimen will be to stay awake for at least 2 hours after eating. I'm horrible with my sleep ing and eating patterns.
  • kinga_m
    kinga_m Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Okay! I have been looking for a group on MFP for a long time. Either it fizzles out or I can't find the group again. I will be 70 in April and I have battled with my weight since I turned 50 and started menopause (sorry guys). I have gained 10 lbs over this winter and I would like to lose 15 lbs. I have done every diet in the book and counting calories is the way to go. I am going to try to cut the sugar down. I struggle with a healthy breakfast. This morning I had plain greek yogurt with strawberries and pecans and 1/4 tsp. of vanilla extract. It was not good. Any breakfast ideas?

I had a problem with breakfasts as well - I am usualy eating something sweet and previously easily went for the unhealthy food available on my way to work. Now I have changed that to either porridge (almond and honey version) or one package of Belvita. It is important that you start your day with energy!
    Why was the yoghurt version bad for you? It was not enough, you do not prefer sweet things in the morning or just too milky / creamy ? The answer could help us giving you better options. :smile: -
  • RBillard
    RBillard Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Count me in, I was looking to lose 40 lbs between my birthday (Jan. 16th) and May 8th as we're going on a cruise then. I've lost 13 so far, so still have 27 to go. Some extra accountability always helps.
  • chudson8621
    chudson8621 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Today I begin my journey. I am looking for some friends on MFP so we can keep each other accountable. If anyone is interested - join up. What do you have to lose?

I'm in! Safety in numbers!
  • chudson8621
    chudson8621 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have 15lbs to lose and KEEP OFF
  • Lemmynade
    Lemmynade Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Not new, but would love some accountabili-buddies ;)

I don't think I really have a goal... just to take up less space...
  • C1aire80
    C1aire80 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I've recently come back to MFP and am aiming to lose around 40lbs. If anyone would like to add me feel free.
  • stevenmartin9480
    Options
    Hey, I'd love to be motivated friends with you. It's a hell of a lot easier with friends
  • tellicampi
    tellicampi Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    kinga_m wrote: »
    Okay! I have been looking for a group on MFP for a long time. Either it fizzles out or I can't find the group again. I will be 70 in April and I have battled with my weight since I turned 50 and started menopause (sorry guys). I have gained 10 lbs over this winter and I would like to lose 15 lbs. I have done every diet in the book and counting calories is the way to go. I am going to try to cut the sugar down. I struggle with a healthy breakfast. This morning I had plain greek yogurt with strawberries and pecans and 1/4 tsp. of vanilla extract. It was not good. Any breakfast ideas?

I had a problem with breakfasts as well - I am usualy eating something sweet and previously easily went for the unhealthy food available on my way to work. Now I have changed that to either porridge (almond and honey version) or one package of Belvita. It is important that you start your day with energy!
    Why was the yoghurt version bad for you? It was not enough, you do not prefer sweet things in the morning or just too milky / creamy ? The answer could help us giving you better options. :smile: -

I've had success adding some granola to my yogurt cups. It adds a crunch to your bite so the texture is more pleasant (at least for me). It's also had protein which helps me feel fuller.
  • csimrill
    csimrill Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Bad news for me - I broke my foot - cast and all - really going to hinder my exercising!!!!! As an exercise fanatic, I can't tell you how upsetting this is to me.
  • GlindaGoodwitch
    GlindaGoodwitch Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I started on the 1st too :)
  • Leah_Nicole219
    Leah_Nicole219 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I got started on the 2nd and I'm trying to lose 40 pounds. Ugh, that seems so far away!
  • tellicampi
    tellicampi Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    csimrill wrote: »
    Bad news for me - I broke my foot - cast and all - really going to hinder my exercising!!!!! As an exercise fanatic, I can't tell you how upsetting this is to me.

Sorry to hear that. Speedy recovery!
  • kinga_m
    kinga_m Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am struggling with hunger for 3 days.
    What do you think - how long does it take to get used to the smaller calorie intakes?
  • csimrill
    Options
    kinga_m wrote: »
    I am struggling with hunger for 3 days.
    What do you think - how long does it take to get used to the smaller calorie intakes?

Forever! I use this trick - whatever I plan to eat for a meal - I stretch it out over several hours. Today my lunch is a salad and an apple. So I just ate the salad, and I will eat the apple in a few hours. I find that if I keep a little food in my stomach throughout the day, I don't get as hungry.
  • csimrill
    Options
    csimrill wrote: »

Sorry to hear that. Speedy recovery!

Thanks for the well wishes. I'm gonna need them!
  • kjerome101
    kjerome101 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    In in in. I want to loose 10 more pounds to reach my goal weight!!! I need some motivation though because I have realized that i will be all about it for the first week or so then my excitement and motivation starts to die off...