name one habit that you feel has helped you significantly on this journey?

Options
1235»

Replies

• fattofit_fritch26
    fattofit_fritch26 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Drinking plenty of water (2-3 nalgenes a day) has really helped

I write EVERYTHING down. Every week before grocery shopping I plan out meals and write them down in a notebook...there are plenty of days I don't eat exactly what I wrote down, but it really helps me to have that all written somewhere so I can see.

My husband and I also have goals and rewards taped to our door. We have one sheet with every weight from now until goal, and when we lose we get to mark a weight off (today I marked off 2 lbs!)...it's a great feeling crossing it out. We also have rewards for losing a certain amount of weight...so 10 lbs is a smaller reward, and they get bigger as my loss gets bigger...i.e. from a new sports bra, to mani/pedi, to a new dress for date night, and finally my new thigh tattoo!

I also have a goal calendar...so I put down a weight goal for the end of the month (I weigh every wednesday), as well as a fitness goal (run/walk 25 miles this month, complete the plank challenge, things of that nature)
  • blookabaugh
    blookabaugh Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I weight & measure my food. If I eat chips or salty snacks, I actually count out the amount the bag says is a serving. This helps tremendously and sometimes it surprises my how large the serving is. Try it! Also, I don;t allow myself to get really hungry. If I do, it's a sure sign I will overeat.
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    For me, it's about consistency.

Logging is one piece of it, but it's not the whole story. It's consistency with my exercise, steps, and water intake as well. It's about not throwing in the towel when I have a bad day. I pick my self back up and come back at it the next day. Consistency is the key for me.
  • ChefSteveUrso
    ChefSteveUrso Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    My motto is "Eat less, but better quality food" and I've lost 102 lbs. so far. No more cheap dollar store junk, processed foods, or fast food value menu crap. Now, I eat smaller portions than before of grass fed beef, fresh seafood, anti biotic free cage free chicken, organic eggs, fresh vegetables. If it's not high quality and natural, I don't eat it.
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    Planning ahead. When I bring a lunch with snacks and know what I am making for dinner ahead of time, I am less likely to just buy something on the fly or eat things I shouldn't.
  • Yourkindagirl
    Yourkindagirl Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Logging
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    water, water, WATER. Also im a bit of a perfectionist and I HATE when things go unfinished or streaks or broken, so that leads me to work harder to log every piece of food.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Running.
  • kaetmarie
    kaetmarie Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Planning my week's meals on Sunday and prepping.
  • KCoolBeanz
    KCoolBeanz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I'm going to name 3, because they've been equally important. 1) Making room for the things I love to have, such as beer, pizza and chocolate almonds 2) If I'm going to eat those things, "earn it" in advance (get the gym out of the way first), and 3) learn how to forgive yourself, get over yourself, and move on.
  • iofred
    iofred Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    focus
  • klkateri
    klkateri Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    1. Learning to cook. Even though I still get take out during the week, it's a lot less often.
    2. Logging. Over or under... logging always helps me and gives me an idea of things I need to change or improve upon
  • jarredondo
    jarredondo Posts: 297 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I would have to say I have 3....

1. I weigh myself every day. I know some will say this is a no no but it works for me. It lets me see and track my fluctuations that way I see the pattern over time.

2. I start my day with a glass of water before I have a cup of coffee or any thing to eat. Then continue on with it the rest of the day trying to drink at least 9-12 cups of water.

3. Track every day. Even my bad days. There is always that temptation when I get half way through my day and I know I've already blown it to just stop entering. I always finish it so I can SEE not just feel what I have done for the day.
  • Angieh0811
    Angieh0811 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hard to pick just one so here are my 3.
    1. Adjusting my piss poor boohoo my life sucks cause I am chubby attitude (not a habit but I had to change it)
    2. using a food scale
    3. logging everything.

My food scale has become my best friend. I am constantly being teased about it but hey whatever works right. :smile:
  • foursirius
    foursirius Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Consistency
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    <3