Jillian Michael's 30 day shred

Options

Replies

• torifaris
    torifaris Posts: 42
    Options
    I'm doing each level for ten days. Today will be day 3 of level 2. Anyone else doing level 2? It's an *kitten* kicker!!
  • fionalew
    fionalew Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Moving to level 2 Monday. Tomorrow is day 10 of level 1. I watched level 2 through the other day - borderline terrified lol
  • torifaris
    Options
    Yeah.... I'm not enjoying it. It's funny though because u can see the girls struggling with is. Not nearly as much smiling this time!!
  • lholmes1985
    lholmes1985 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I tried level 1 yesterday- and my knees hurt so much, it's painful to walk!!! Ahhhh I must be reallllllly out of shape ontop of being really overweight. I couldn't do it again today
  • mylifeisgreat7
    mylifeisgreat7 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    So excited that there is a chat for people doing the 30 Day Challenge. I've just started back on this after allowing myself to get considerably out of shape this last year. Day 1 starts tomorrow morning at 5:30a.m yaah!
  • Mommy2akt
    Mommy2akt Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I did day 2 today. I started a few days ago and was super sore. Took 2 days off before doing day 2. Great job everyone for stating! We can do it!!
  • michelle_816
    michelle_816 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I just started doing this on Tuesday. I got through Level 1, Day 2 today. As of now, I plan to try to do it every other day or around 3 days a week. Is it set that you do 10 days at each level? I guess I was under the impression, too, that it was 30 days at level 1, 30 at level 2 and so on....

So glad I stumbled upon this thread to see I am not alone in my achy muscles. My knees don't bother me, but I can absolutely feel it in my arms, abs and shoulders. I just keep telling myself it is a "good" pain :wink:
  • torifaris
    Options
    Yeah the muscle soreness fades! Keep it up!!!

I skipped last night. I'm going to try to do two today or tomorrow.
  • lynda6184
    lynda6184 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Level 1 complete. Woo hoo. Starting level 2 on Monday.
    Keep it up everyone. :D
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Did level 1 day 4 today, and it is getting better for me, doing the easier push ups much better and not as sore . I think it is helping me get stronger, definitely the arm weights are great, but kill me at the same time. Keep it up everyone.
  • torifaris
    Options
    Now I'm getting shin splints!?! Lol there better be big payoffs from all of this!!
  • lynda6184
    lynda6184 Posts: 27 Member
    Options

Day 2 level 2. Definitely a lot of grunting and panting going on.
  • MEmomof3
    MEmomof3 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Really need some motivation to get my butt in gear. Have been making excuses for myself. (i'm tired, pms, kids, the list goes on). I only did level 2 3 days last week, and none so far this week. Ugh, just feeling pretty lazy.
  • aquamarina_182
    aquamarina_182 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    torifaris wrote: »
    Anyone's knees bothering them?? I've read this can happen... And it's totally happening to me. I hope this doesn't slow my progress. I just did day 6.

My knees always kill me after the workout

Same here is there anything that can be
    Done about the knee pain?
  • torifaris
    Options
    I read that knee pain can be due to week hips. There's exercising u can look up to strengthen the hips and knees. I found a couple on Pinterest.
  • torifaris
    Options
    Memomof3!!! U can do it! If you get off track all the hard work you've put in will go to waste!!!
  • DaneanP
    DaneanP Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    To the person complaining of shin splints - try new shoes. And do yourself a favor and go to a running store that can evaluate your stride properly. I had shin splints for years and years. Turns out I pronate pretty badly. Got a great pair of cross trainers that I use on the treadmill and for Jillian's torture work out DVDs. Have never had a problem since. When I start to feel my shins bug me again, time for a new pair.
  • torifaris
    Options
    Great!!! Thx so much!! I probably could use new shoes... It's been a while!!!
  • jadior
    jadior Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Just found this thread today. I'm doing the beginners 30d shred and I'm on L1, day 4.
    Do you all just do every single day or do you have rest days?
    Anyone else doing the beginner dvd?
  • RNSCI
    RNSCI Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 5 of level 2. I still stick to some of the beginner movements and I still pour sweat. I take one day off to rest from all exercise but if you miss more than one, it's ok. I think it's important to just keep moving forward. It really does work though and it's so cool to see how much stronger you become.