Options

Replies

• Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    I dislike everyone in this thread.

This seems like a good thread to ask this: does that dog in your avatar keep getting closer to the camera every couple weeks, or has calorie moderation finally driven me insane?

I have no clue what you're talking about.

LOL...omg. Best laugh I've had today.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    in snow day
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    gothchiq wrote: »
    This is genius. I never tried burning them. Next time I go camping I will impale one on a stick and shove it directly into the campfire. Then if it still tastes bad to me I will just throw the whole pack into the fire and laugh as they burn lol XD

4408472515_9b2b1312a3.jpg

So someone posted the chocolate covered peep earlier, reminded me of the chocolate covered marshmallows you can get from Trader Joe's, those are sooooooooooo gross.
  • MrCoolGrim
    MrCoolGrim Posts: 351 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    [Darn
  • EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    3bambi3 wrote: »
    jacksonpt wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    I think, for some people, there is a disconnect between

"Eat whatever you want as long as it fits in your cals/macros."

and

"Find ways to balance foods you enjoy with other foods for an overall healthy, balanced diet."

The first applies to weight loss and is, if I'm not mistaken, IIFYM by the letter of the law.

The second is a more reasonable, responsible approach generally applicable to the masses.

yes, but if you hitting your cals/macros it is going to be almost impossible to do it with 100% donuts, ice cream, etc...you would still need some chicken, vegetables, rice, whole grains, to balance it out...

False.

This is my go-to day. Certainly not everyday, but this is pretty indicative of my typical eating. Sure, it's not all donuts and ice cream, but there are no fruits, no veggies, no whole grain, etc.

7s9h7npyc0l2.jpg

sorry to interrupt the 'mallow love fest, but i've got a serious question. would this diet be considered healthy? i mean, he's hitting all his macros without and fruits or veg but people on both sides stress the importance of produce and whole grains. or is this diet lacking because perceived lack of micronutrients?

He's taking a daily multi. Unless we want to argue about how those vitamins are being absorbed, it's probably making up for any deficiencies in the diet.
  • MrCoolGrim
    Options
    gothchiq wrote: »
    This is genius. I never tried burning them. Next time I go camping I will impale one on a stick and shove it directly into the campfire. Then if it still tastes bad to me I will just throw the whole pack into the fire and laugh as they burn lol XD

4408472515_9b2b1312a3.jpg

So someone posted the chocolate covered peep earlier, reminded me of the chocolate covered marshmallows you can get from Trader Joe's, those are sooooooooooo gross.
    MrCoolGrim wrote: »
    url?a=i&rct=j&q=peeps+eye+gif&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CAcQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.backyardchickens.com%2Ft%2F134851%2Ffun-cure-for-pecking&ei=XL_4VPrBF4OVyATEmIGgAw&bvm=bv.87519884,d.aWw&psig=AFQjCNFkMQNyvwnR3i7pYnoh3TGdu4ysrQ&ust=1425674433230664

Here you can see the peeps before they they transition. Notice the eye purtection

My gif powers are gone s***
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    MrCoolGrim wrote: »
    url?a=i&rct=j&q=peeps+eye+gif&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CAcQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.backyardchickens.com%2Ft%2F134851%2Ffun-cure-for-pecking&ei=XL_4VPrBF4OVyATEmIGgAw&bvm=bv.87519884,d.aWw&psig=AFQjCNFkMQNyvwnR3i7pYnoh3TGdu4ysrQ&ust=1425674433230664

Here you can see the peeps before they they transition. Notice the eye purtection

you failed again, stop using the google search url.
  • MrCoolGrim
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Is it different with gifs

when using a tablet?
  • MrCoolGrim
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Fudge
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options

and

"Find ways to balance foods you enjoy with other foods for an overall healthy, balanced diet."

The first applies to weight loss and is, if I'm not mistaken, IIFYM by the letter of the law.

The second is a more reasonable, responsible approach generally applicable to the masses.

yes, but if you hitting your cals/macros it is going to be almost impossible to do it with 100% donuts, ice cream, etc...you would still need some chicken, vegetables, rice, whole grains, to balance it out...

False.

This is my go-to day. Certainly not everyday, but this is pretty indicative of my typical eating. Sure, it's not all donuts and ice cream, but there are no fruits, no veggies, no whole grain, etc.

7s9h7npyc0l2.jpg

sorry to interrupt the 'mallow love fest, but i've got a serious question. would this diet be considered healthy? i mean, he's hitting all his macros without and fruits or veg but people on both sides stress the importance of produce and whole grains. or is this diet lacking because perceived lack of micronutrients?

No. If you go back like 5 pages before the thread turned into a giffest, that was the point. It's not considered healthy despite being at my calorie goal for the day and being on target with my macros.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    blukitten wrote: »

aaaaannnnnddddd now I hate you. I want to be able to eat that many carbs and yummy cereals but my genetic predisposition for my body to store fat when I eat carbs or sugar says I cant :(:(:( *pout lip*

Cannot believe that nobody commented on that little special snowflake who doesn't work like science.

And now I want a pulled pork sandwich too.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    EvanKeel wrote: »

and

False.

7s9h7npyc0l2.jpg

He's taking a daily multi. Unless we want to argue about how those vitamins are being absorbed, it's probably making up for any deficiencies in the diet.

that was my thought...
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

aaaaannnnnddddd now I hate you. I want to be able to eat that many carbs and yummy cereals but my genetic predisposition for my body to store fat when I eat carbs or sugar says I cant :(:(:( *pout lip*

Cannot believe that nobody commented on that little special snowflake who doesn't work like science.

I thought about it, and then decided that no, I'd better not. I've done enough damage here today.

Plus the optimist in me was hoping that she was being sarcastic.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

ea0.gif
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I hate pulled pork sandwiches

What's the matter with you!!

• Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options

and

False.

7s9h7npyc0l2.jpg

I personally would not find it worth eating a 4 calorie lunch in order to accommodate a 1,300 calorie dinner, but if that makes him happy, it is a good choice for him.
  • blukitten
    blukitten Posts: 922 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

I thought about it, and then decided that no, I'd better not. I've done enough damage here today.

I was rather surprised too! but everyone has mentioned the medical issue comments

Sadly no I was not being sarcastic-- well maybe a little. But I actually have the wonderful (yes this is sarcasm) genes that carry with them the medical conditions that most others have commented on. You know the ones that if you even look at a carb- you gain weight! yeah I have both of them- PCOS and Hypothyroidism. So yes the I hate you comment was sarcasm - its a gift I know- but the genetic predisposition to store fat from carbs was not- sadly.

but then I don't claim to deny science either-- I have to watch my cals too
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options

This seems like a good thread to ask this: does that dog in your avatar keep getting closer to the camera every couple weeks, or has calorie moderation finally driven me insane?

I have no clue what you're talking about.

Best laugh all day. And there have been plenty of laughs today.

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options

I was rather surprised too! but everyone has mentioned the medical issue comments

Sadly no I was not being sarcastic-- well maybe a little. But I actually have the wonderful (yes this is sarcasm) genes that carry with them the medical conditions that most others have commented on. You know the ones that if you even look at a carb- you gain weight! yeah I have both of them- PCOS and Hypothyroidism. So yes the I hate you comment was sarcasm - its a gift I know- but the genetic predisposition to store fat from carbs was not- sadly.

but then I don't claim to deny science either-- I have to watch my cals too

Alright I'm giving you a pass, I don't know anything about those conditions. I'm sorry, that must suck.
This discussion has been closed.