20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• wheatlessgirl66
    wheatlessgirl66 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Good morning, everyone! I just found this lovely group; you're the kindest, most supportive group I've seen on MFP. May I jump in so close to Easter and see how much I can lose by then? I'm at 225 this morning, so have a long way to go. I just started eating LCHF after trying every other method that didn't work. Hopefully Gary Taubes knows what he's talking about. :smile:
  • beszmytke
    beszmytke Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday! Cathleen, welcome and know you are among friends! Becky, I hope you are feeling better today - that flu bug is rough :(

Valerie, it was nice to hear from you again. It does always seem that problems come all at once, and that can be overwhelming. Sometimes it comes down to hanging on just one minute at a time, but you will get through. Hoping for nothing but sunshine and roses for you and your family now!

I started with one smoothie yesterday, as the Nutribullet guidelines say to work up to 2 or 3 per day. It tasted great (the green color was a little off-putting, but I can get used to it!), and I want to try different variations. I ordered the book Cristina used, and will be start reading that tonight. Hopefully, I'll be as successful as she was with it!

Be well today!

Belinda
  • beszmytke
    beszmytke Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    This is our backyard: two feet of snow topped by a lovely "icing"!

t61ssxn2fglr.jpg
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    SW 183.6
    CW 180.2
    GW 163.6

Belinda - That picture looks so cold.

Happy this morning our water is running.

Well got on the treaded scale this morning after vacation and I have gained 4.2 pounds.
    I did lose 8 pounds before vacation so I have my work cut out for me.
    I will not see my goal but never fail I will continue on. I will be joining the July group for the
    summer.

Now leaving for Yoga class. Good luck to rest of you.

Shirley
    Ontario, Canada
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    hi all,

I feel spring in the air although it is 13 degrees!

welcome to all who are new!! always room for more peeps and never too late to join! I am having a tough time updating my weight on mfp. after struggling for the last month, I started a new plan and am happy to report a loss of 2.6 lbs this week!

SW 155.8
    CW 153.2
    GW 130

although I have a ways to go , I feel like this plan is doable for me and not really a plan. enough sweets that I don't feel deprived:)

have a great weekend!!

stephanie
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Just a fly bye ........have an early morning dr. appt.no time to even read the post.
    Marie
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone.
    Beautiful day with Sunshine!!!!
    Congrat's to all the losers.
    Hope you have a great weekend.
    Nancy
  • angawilson
    angawilson Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Good morning,
    Today is weigh in day for me.... I was down 2.2 lbs. I was so excited... I really watched my carbs. I only allowed myself 50 - 95 grams a day. It has really worked for me. Ok I had to share.
    sw 180.2
    cw 170.4
    gw 130

total loss for the Easter Challenge 9.8

I hope every one has a wonderful day
    Angie
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Yay for all these losses today! :)

Shirley, that actually doesn't seem to bad of a gain for being on vacation. I think I would've come back with a good 10 lbs. extra! And technically you've still lost since starting the process, so, you can do it!

Belinda, that picture is so pretty!

Well, I must've done something right yesterday with my p90x workout, because I feel like someone beat me up today. It's great! Haha. It's back to the treadmill for me today, but I think I'll incorporate one p90x workout in a week, just to mix things up for my body.

Hope everyone has a good day, successful day!
  • pattykaye33
    pattykaye33 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Tulip9 wrote: »
    That's great PattyKaye! 5 pounds at a time seems like a good idea.
    It's working for me so far. It doesn't seem as overwhelming as 65 lbs or 50 lbs, etc.
  • pattykaye33
    pattykaye33 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    SW 205
    CW 184.5
    CGW 184 (doing 5 lb goals at a time)
    UGW 140
  • Shirley61
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Marie - Good luck with your dr. appt. we will see you when you get back.

Rayw89 - Thanks for the support. I purposely didn't weigh in when I got home because of all the fluid I retained from the salty foods. I don't use salt at all and we tend to eat fresh foods most of the time. I will keep going and won't let this sabotage me. I plan on getting to 160 goal by the summer.

"I can and I will, Watch me!"

Shirley
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Shirley61 wrote: »
    Marie - Good luck with your dr. appt. we will see you when you get back.

Rayw89 - Thanks for the support. I purposely didn't weigh in when I got home because of all the fluid I retained from the salty foods. I don't use salt at all and we tend to eat fresh foods most of the time. I will keep going and won't let this sabotage me. I plan on getting to 160 goal by the summer.

"I can and I will, Watch me!"

Shirley

Shirley, you will lose it quickly since it's all water...happy sipping! ;)
  • Erica_Mahan
    Erica_Mahan Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    @rayw89‌ Thanks so much for the encouragement!

Love your new picture, you are a very pretty girl. I wish you the best. We all seems to be doing great.. thanks for posting. this is really a nice group.
    marie

Thanks so much! I'm loving this group. Still trying to figure out how to navigate through...
  • Erica_Mahan
    Options
    @Sandcastles61‌ Yay! This prelogging idea is brilliant. I'm so glad a found this group. I did the prelogging last night for my son's school fundraiser at Panda Express.
    I'm curious to know what you chose at the Italian place...that had to be tough!

Well I am Italian, so I'm not a big fan of commercial restaurant Italian food as a whole, and pasta and breads are my biggest culprits. This restaurant has a little known low carb and gluten free menu you have to ask for, so I chose an option with just meatballs, marinara and steamed broccoli with one yummy breadstick and a glass of wine (548 cal, 16F, 48Carb, 17Protein) ~ or grilled fish with a white wine shrimp sauce, steamed broccoli, one yummy breadstick and a glass of wine (673 cal, 15F, 48Carb, 52 Protein) .

I'm definitely leaning towards the grilled fish for the protein punch to offset those carbs if you know what I mean ;) GREAT job preplanning for panda express! I definitely like their chicken and green beans :D

Tami

Hi Tami,
    I just saw this :neutral_face:
    So, I love the meatball and veggie idea! We are going to Laughlin next weekend. I'm already doing some planning. I'm thinking of trying not to deviate from my current eating too much by sticking with solid proteins wherever we eat. Easy-peasy!
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Erica - When you reach this thread click on the star in the right hand corner of your page
    above the page numbers. Then proceed to the bell, star, and gear on the right side.
    Click on the star and this thread should come up for you every time.

Hope this helps.

Shirley
  • Erica_Mahan
    Options
    Good morning, everyone! I just found this lovely group; you're the kindest, most supportive group I've seen on MFP. May I jump in so close to Easter and see how much I can lose by then? I'm at 225 this morning, so have a long way to go. I just started eating LCHF after trying every other method that didn't work. Hopefully Gary Taubes knows what he's talking about. :smile:

Hi there!
    I just joined last week so I'm a late starter as well. However, I think 20lbs by Easter is totally do-able!

Welcome :smiley:
  • Erica_Mahan
    Options
    SW 205
    CW 184.5
    CGW 184 (doing 5 lb goals at a time)
    UGW 140

Hi there!
    I love your 5lb goals! I might do this...I get sad to think I have so far to go so this is perfect!

• Erica_Mahan
    Options
    Shirley61 wrote: »
    Erica - When you reach this thread click on the star in the right hand corner of your page
    above the page numbers. Then proceed to the bell, star, and gear on the right side.
    Click on the star and this thread should come up for you every time.

Hope this helps.

Shirley

Yay!! Thanks so much for the tips, Shirley!
  • Erica_Mahan
    Options
    Hi!
    I got so excited reading all the posts that I forgot to post my numbers..
    SW 227.8
    CW 220.1
    Easter goal 199

I lost about 2lbs this week which is just fine with me :smiley: