Attention all carb professionals!! lol

Options
Please help!! What are some good foods that have little to no carbs?? Fish is the only thing I've found. I can't live on fish forever lol.

(Note: I'm allergic to raw fruits and raw nuts)

Please help!! And thanks in advance!!

Replies

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,717 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, regular cheese are staples for me. I also eat a lot of vegetables in every form: raw, steamed, broiled, etc. I've cut down on fruit because it is higher in carbs. Have you tried a Google search? There are multitudes of helpful sites and lists.
  • j_weaver_10
    j_weaver_10 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I've tried but anything I've found that doesn't have carbs I'm not a huge fan of. Like Greek yogurt and cottage cheese aren't a favorite of mine. I might just have to get over it.
  • Phoenix_Down
    Phoenix_Down Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I'm a carb professional but not the kind you're looking for. The lowest carbs I've ever gone is 100g lol.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    I've tried but anything I've found that doesn't have carbs I'm not a huge fan of. Like Greek yogurt and cottage cheese aren't a favorite of mine. I might just have to get over it.

Then maybe low carb is not for you.

You don't have to do low carb to lose weight.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    I'm a carb professional but not the kind you're looking for. The lowest carbs I've ever gone is 100g lol.
    Hear hear.

Unless you have a medical reason OP, why are you cutting carbs?
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    Hard cheeses, anything that comes from an animal, about the first half of this list, plus mushrooms, which are mis-sorted to the bottom:
    http://i.imgur.com/95xl2Te.jpg

Those numbers are all for 100g portions.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    If you can't eat this way for life, why are you attempting it?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • eveedance
    eveedance Posts: 77
    Options
    jkwolly wrote: »
    Hear hear.

Maybe b/c she doesn't want the medical reason in the first place

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25527677
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    I would think a baker would be a carb professional.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    If you don't like the foods that would be necessary to eat to low carb then why are you trying to low carb? Carbs aren't the devil and such...you can lose weight and eat carbs.
    eveedance wrote: »
    Hear hear.

LOL...so if I don't low carb I'm going to get diabetes...is that really what you're pedaling?

Also, that link talks about "lower carb"...not low carb...I wouldn't consider 43% or 41% of ones diet to be "low carb." I would agree that most people need to balance out their diets and most people who eat the SAD could do well to reduce carbs...but that doesn't mean they have to "low carb" which is generally 100 grams or less.
  • Sugarbeat
    Sugarbeat Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Most meats are no carb, though certain meats, like sausage, that you find in the frozen foods section sometimes have a small number of carbs. What veggies do you eat? Corn and potatoes tend to be higher in carbs but most leafy greens, radishes, and squash are low carb. How low carb are you intending to eat?
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Please help!! What are some good foods that have little to no carbs?? Fish is the only thing I've found. I can't live on fish forever lol.

(Note: I'm allergic to raw fruits and raw nuts)

Please help!! And thanks in advance!!

Chicken, turkey, beef, pork, cheese, vegetables, butter, bacon
  • eveedance
    eveedance Posts: 77
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Hear hear.

So does that mean that all of us othes that don't go low or no carb will develop insulin resistance?

All? You know medicine doesn't work that way. Do all smokers develop lung cancer? It's just about the spectrum of risk and where you are comfortable sitting on that spectrum.
  • JengaJess
    JengaJess Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'm a carb professional in the sense that I eat 170- 200 carbs a day!
    You are free to eat in whatever way you chose, but keep in mind you want to find something that's going to be successful for YOU. If you're looking at a list of low carb foods and only finding one (fish) that you like, really consider if a low carb diet is for you. I tried low carb a few years ago and I think I made it three weeks before I admitted to myself that for me, it was miserable. I was hungry. I missed fruit and lentils and beans and as a vegetarian, it was just too hard for me.
    If you don't like greek yogurt or cottage cheese, don't try to just suck it up and eat them anyway. Find a way that works for you to incorporate foods you love into your diet!
    But like I said, it's totally up to you on how you want to eat!
    Here's a pretty good list: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/the-ultimate-list-of-40-low-carb-foods.html
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Hear hear.

Seriously? All this study did was compare a low carb diet and a low fat diet. The low carb diet was more effective on people that were already at risk for T2.

So I guess I'm missing your point. Or you don't understand the study you posted.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    If you don't like the foods that would be necessary to eat to low carb then why are you trying to low carb? Carbs aren't the devil and such...you can lose weight and eat carbs.
    Hear hear.

LOL...so if I don't low carb I'm going to get diabetes...is that really what you're pedaling?

Also, that link talks about "lower carb"...not low carb...I wouldn't consider 43% or 41% of ones diet to be "low carb." I would agree that most people need to balance out their diets and most people who eat the SAD could do well to reduce carbs...but that doesn't mean they have to "low carb" which is generally 100 grams or less.

I get about 40% of my calories from carbohydrates.

Looks like I'll just narrowly escape the jaws of 'beetus.
  • JengaJess
    JengaJess Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Oh also, I'm allergic to raw fruits, veggies and nuts as well. I love nuts though and I can eat them as long as they're not raw. So I usually roast them on my own so I can control how much oil/ salt/ seasonings go on them!
  • Kekekylene
    Kekekylene Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    JengaJess wrote: »
    I'm a carb professional in the sense that I eat 170- 200 carbs a day!
    You are free to eat in whatever way you chose, but keep in mind you want to find something that's going to be successful for YOU. If you're looking at a list of low carb foods and only finding one (fish) that you like, really consider if a low carb diet is for you. I tried low carb a few years ago and I think I made it three weeks before I admitted to myself that for me, it was miserable. I was hungry. I missed fruit and lentils and beans and as a vegetarian, it was just too hard for me.
    If you don't like greek yogurt or cottage cheese, don't try to just suck it up and eat them anyway. Find a way that works for you to incorporate foods you love into your diet!
    But like I said, it's totally up to you on how you want to eat!
    Here's a pretty good list: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/the-ultimate-list-of-40-low-carb-foods.html

Lol ya I eat 260g a day unless it is rest day. Low carb does nothing for you other than make you sad. Carbs for gains!