Does anyone use a waist cincher/trainer?

Options
13»

Replies

• Delilahhhhhh
    Delilahhhhhh Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    NO, the ans will always be no, nope, that's a big fat no, nopety nope,
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I wear one, I have loose belly skin and it keeps it from jiggling while I workout and forces me to keep my core tight. Does it melt fat? I doubt it, otherwise I wouldn't need to wear it anymore.
  • princesschanteee
    princesschanteee Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    jazmin220 wrote: »
    How does it work for you? Any results?

Hi jasmine I've just ordered mine and very excited to start waist training I'll let you know how it goes. I have a few friends that have tried it and have amazing results. Got the same one as kourtney Kardasian.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    I wear them..but not for weight loss lol

This.

A corset worn for cosplay or historical reenactment is comfortable and well-sized. They make costumes look GREAT and are not constrictive to a dangerous degree. In fact, as a historical reenactor, cosplayer, and middle-aged-charity ball lady? I can tell you that a sensibly laced corset is actually more comfortable than Spanx.

Waist training? Hellz naw.
  • bio_fit
    bio_fit Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    PRMinx wrote: »
    Guys, please stop perpetuating Victorian stereotypes. Corsets did NOT ruin women's health and Victorian illustrations weren't accurate at depicting what happened when a woman tight laced. There's no evidence it hinder child bearing.

Here's a link to a good article that examines what corsets do to your body for good or ill: http://io9.com/no-corsets-did-not-destroy-the-health-of-victorian-wom-1545644060

As a reenactor who has occasion to wear the darn things: tight laced corsets will NOT make you lose or gain weight, although you do tend to feel full a bit sooner when you eat. The corset itself does not make me sweat much more than I ordinarily would - it's the chemise under it, the cover over it, the 2 or three layers of petticoats, the pantalets, knee socks and the heavy dress that I wear with it that make me sweat so much! (That's why I have a bottle of water hidden in my market basket and a tin cup full of water at my side when I dress up and act as a docent.) They also do NOT do any damage to your body. I personally am much happier when my day is over and I can swap into a sports bra, but I know some women who prefer the darn things - they say it supports their backs and doesn't leave divots.

Will it change the shape of your body? If you tight lace continually and sleep in the darn thing. . .yes. Will it hurt you? Ehhh. . .read the article. When you're in the thing, it will probably diminsh the amount of oxygen you get. If you don't take it off, you're likely to eat less as well. . .but no, you won't drop dead or faint. (The fainting thing was, well, it was fashionable to faint. So women fainted. Or rather, they mock fainted. And wearing 8 layers of clothing with or without a corset. . .yeah. You have a tendency to overheat in the summer and you might faint from that.)

Um, ok.

What does that have to do with this item's claim to stimulate fat loss and detox the body?

Read the article. I think I adressed that it has little to no effect on the health. Detox is usually just code for "I sweated a lot." Also, I was trying to debunk some previous posters without calling any names.

This product is not the way to lose weight healthfully. It's certainly not a weight loss method that should be promoted on this site.

The liver and kidneys detox the body.

Physically restricting yourself from eating is not the appropriate way to lose weight and should not be promoted on this site.

If she wants to sweat, she would see much better results if she hits the gym.

Stop giving this item credibility that it absolutely does not deserve.

Stop intentionally misreading what I'm writing.

Oh, I'm not. I think it's highly possible that the OP can take your posts as an endorsement.

She clearly said "tight laced corsets will NOT make you lose or gain weight". Her post did not sound like an endorsement to me...
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    why would you want to do that to yourself?

that just sounds horrible.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I like my organs where they are.
  • vbaez6
    vbaez6 Posts: 18
    Options
    I was looking at these recently as well. They are becoming a fad again thanks to the Kardashians (insert eye roll). But seriously did consider it. I think they need to put more information out there regarding the negative effects. I personally decided not to try it recently due to not wanting my organs to shift around. So no judgements here from me!
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    evileen99 wrote: »
    They work by distorting your rib cage and pushing your internal organs out of their normal place. Wearing corsets was why Victorian women had so many health issues and were fainting all the time.

corset_zpsoportrgc.jpg

I thought it was from the vapors?

I thought it was from someone, anyone, anyhow in any capacity even loosely referencing sex.

Corsets: Not around these parts! For period costume? For, say, three hours at RenFest? That could be fun. But in the capacity referenced here? No thanks...and if anyone doesn't like my non-modified waist, that's fine. There are other women to look at; go look at them. It's a free country. :)

• PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    bio_fit wrote: »
    Guys, please stop perpetuating Victorian stereotypes. Corsets did NOT ruin women's health and Victorian illustrations weren't accurate at depicting what happened when a woman tight laced. There's no evidence it hinder child bearing.

Here's a link to a good article that examines what corsets do to your body for good or ill: http://io9.com/no-corsets-did-not-destroy-the-health-of-victorian-wom-1545644060

As a reenactor who has occasion to wear the darn things: tight laced corsets will NOT make you lose or gain weight, although you do tend to feel full a bit sooner when you eat. The corset itself does not make me sweat much more than I ordinarily would - it's the chemise under it, the cover over it, the 2 or three layers of petticoats, the pantalets, knee socks and the heavy dress that I wear with it that make me sweat so much! (That's why I have a bottle of water hidden in my market basket and a tin cup full of water at my side when I dress up and act as a docent.) They also do NOT do any damage to your body. I personally am much happier when my day is over and I can swap into a sports bra, but I know some women who prefer the darn things - they say it supports their backs and doesn't leave divots.

Will it change the shape of your body? If you tight lace continually and sleep in the darn thing. . .yes. Will it hurt you? Ehhh. . .read the article. When you're in the thing, it will probably diminsh the amount of oxygen you get. If you don't take it off, you're likely to eat less as well. . .but no, you won't drop dead or faint. (The fainting thing was, well, it was fashionable to faint. So women fainted. Or rather, they mock fainted. And wearing 8 layers of clothing with or without a corset. . .yeah. You have a tendency to overheat in the summer and you might faint from that.)

Um, ok.

What does that have to do with this item's claim to stimulate fat loss and detox the body?

Read the article. I think I adressed that it has little to no effect on the health. Detox is usually just code for "I sweated a lot." Also, I was trying to debunk some previous posters without calling any names.

This product is not the way to lose weight healthfully. It's certainly not a weight loss method that should be promoted on this site.

The liver and kidneys detox the body.

Physically restricting yourself from eating is not the appropriate way to lose weight and should not be promoted on this site.

If she wants to sweat, she would see much better results if she hits the gym.

Stop giving this item credibility that it absolutely does not deserve.

Stop intentionally misreading what I'm writing.

Oh, I'm not. I think it's highly possible that the OP can take your posts as an endorsement.

She clearly said "tight laced corsets will NOT make you lose or gain weight". Her post did not sound like an endorsement to me...

Stating that it might prevent you from wanting to eat is enough for me.
  • cpink1022
    cpink1022 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I wear corsets as shapwear and I can tell you that its not what you think. If you wore it everyday (we'll say 23/7), you might loose a pound or two the first couple of weeks but Most of it's water wieght. Some of it might be the fact that you might incidently starve yourselve the first week; however, that'll fix itself in a week. When I first started wearing one I had to learn to eat Smaller portions more often. When, I'm wearing my corset, I eat every two hours, but my meals are divided into 2 or 3 instead of one big plate. In terms of sweating, you sweat more in a sauna. What about it changing your shape? Most Of the change is temporary. Your Body goes right back as soon as you take the corset off. If you were to tightlace, the change would last, at most, a few weeks without the corset. You'll see more permanent results from a good diet and exercise
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    NO!
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    No way. Kim K promotes and advocates those things...enough said.

This is exactly what I was thinking, lol. OP must have saw the article on Kim K. or one of the other celebs wearing them. I just saw an article on this today. Waste of time and money IMO.

• jnv7594
    edited March 2015
    Options

Yes, that's exactly the one I saw in the article...Kim K. was wearing it, lol. That right there should be enough to tell you not to get one.
    How does it work for you? Any results?

Hi jasmine I've just ordered mine and very excited to start waist training I'll let you know how it goes. I have a few friends that have tried it and have amazing results. Got the same one as kourtney Kardasian.

I rest my case...

• jnv7594
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Sorry, double post.
  • cresyluna
    cresyluna Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I did briefly (for like, a week) years ago, not specifically for weight-loss, although it does make it a lot less comfortable to overeat in one sitting - which was very, very mildly helpful in getting used to smaller portion sizes but hardly something I'd recommend since that issue is easy to work around (ie, eating a cupcake every half hour is still possible!) but hardly worth the effort/added heat/difficulty moving. I can't imagine trying to exercise with one - I like to MOVE! I wear these kinds of things for costuming events only now, where the goal is achieving a specific look, not as a weight-loss aid.
  • subversive99
    subversive99 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    evileen99 wrote: »
    They work by distorting your rib cage and pushing your internal organs out of their normal place. Wearing corsets was why Victorian women had so many health issues and were fainting all the time.

corset_zpsoportrgc.jpg

I thought it was from the vapors?

Dude, stop mixing your messages. It's peeps or bust. I can't have you flip flopping on me now that I've 100% bought into your program.