Replies

• KarenB927
    KarenB927 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Same here with gluten and celiacs.
  • ashleycde
    ashleycde Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I have no nope food. Only "hell yes, get in my cart!! " food.

Clearly you haven't tried low-fat cream cheese. Bleh!
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    ashleycde wrote: »

Or low fat any kind of cheese, for that matter
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I've heard that people who consume large amounts of artificial sweeteners actual end up eating more. Also these fake sugars can lead to insulin resistance...... hello diabetes!

I consumer large(25+ packets) quantities of artificial sweetners a day and it does not lead me to eating more. Where did you hear this at. Some sort of reputable study?
  • Sophiasmomma
    Sophiasmomma Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I sadly am.addicted to one of those very bad coffee creamer brands. Currently trying to get off of it. I wont buy anything with those ingredients for my kids but im ingesting it everyday ..........
  • Yodee
    Yodee Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I watch for sugar and calories and sodium - I never read packages before using MFP and I am amazed at the sodium content in most frozen foods - it's scary. I use Splenda but for the most part I drink water, with an occasional Diet Coke :)
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower or Liver - never ever oh and turkey bacon
  • JenSD6
    JenSD6 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Olives
  • veggiebound
    veggiebound Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Anything that reads like a science experiment.
  • Phoenix_Down
    Phoenix_Down Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    ashleycde wrote: »

Haha, I actually don't mind it. Have to spice it up though. And depends on what it's going "on" but I'm all for experimenting in the name of decent calories vs protein foods
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Coconut that isn't fresh
    olives
    cilantro
    canned jalapenos
  • glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member
    Options

This.

While there are things I don't like, and things I don't generally eat, there is no one ingredient that I will say "no" to.
  • athena61
    athena61 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Processed foods with too many ingredients, artificial sweeteners, food dye, just to name a few. When looking at recipes if it has too much added sugar I'll pass by it, too.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    Artificial sweeteners because I have yet to taste one that isn't totally awful. And, no, stevia is not a special snowflake exception, all the sweeteners start as plants, from sugar to splenda. Except sugar actually tastes good. Splenda/aspartame/stevia? BLERGH.

Anything else is fair game until I learn that it tastes bad. Hoping that someday I'll get over visible bug fear (because I know I've eaten bugs and their bits unwittingly) because they are an awesome source of sustainable protein.
  • vbenoit81
    vbenoit81 Posts: 22
    Options
    Sugar, I do my best to keep sugar out of my diet. Also, I try to stick to organics and fresh food.
  • Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Anything that says low fat..but not really for nutrutional / dietary reasons. Was having a bad day once, decided to buy ice cream..I dont buy it all that much.. saw a flavour that looked interesting, but it said low fat. I got annoyed, cause I was like, I had too bad a day to not even get all the fat in my ice cream!! Kiddo and I now joke about that.

But my favorite ice cream now is the Trader Joes Soy bars...which is about as low in fat as you can ever possibly get. Theyre not even really ice cream. Because Im a hypocrite, thats why! LoL but I still shirk from anything with low fat on the label.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Trans fats. Ugh, I bought microwave popcorn w/out looking at the label one time--7...SEVEN grams of trans fat per serving! Never again.

High sodium. Especially if it's something I can pretty easily make myself with less sodium, or has a tasty low-sodium version, i.e. soups, canned beans or tomatoes (all come in low/no sodium versions for the same price).

As far as sugar free and/or low/no fat foods--eh, it depends. I like nonfat yogurt, but despise low fat cheese. Nonfat creamer is okay, but never fat free ranch dressing (blech). And you can have my Diet Coke when you pry it from my cold, dead, and refreshed hand :p
  • Barbs2222
    Barbs2222 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    pgpr (Polyglycerol polyricinoleate)
  • techgal128
    techgal128 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I'll eat anything that doesn't eat me first.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Palm oil. It's horrid that companies are still using it and devastating orangutan habitat when there are perfectly viable alternatives.