Options

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    snikkins wrote: »
    PikaKnight wrote: »
    snikkins wrote: »
    Ok. Pet peeve: Civil liberties, such as the freedom of speech, are things that the government cannot throw you in jail for. Private companies and individuals get to make their own call on that, just like A&E firing that Duck Dynasty guy was also not a violation of the 1st amendment because A&E is not the government. So, because "denial of freedom of speech" in this case isn't resulting in someone getting thrown in jail by the government, it's just incorrect to raise that flag.

Also, disagreement != censorship, which is a bizarre comparison to begin with.

/polisciprofmode

I drank diet Pepsi with my Costco pizza. Pretty sure I'm definitely going to die now.

ETA: I understand that not all posters are from the US, but the principle still stands.

z205099164.gif

Aw! I've never gotten a gif response before. I will cherish it forever. :flowerforyou:

13293897.Grin.gif
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    ^^freaky
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    ^^freaky

:bigsmile: :laugh:
  • KETOGENICGURL
    KETOGENICGURL Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    What a country! drink what you want! buy into the FDA "safe for all", ignore the hundreds of thousands of people affected by aspartame, negatively, NOT YOU, of course NOT VISIBLY, the most complained about product in USA foods (until FDA switched it's category to bury it) The Artificial Sweeteners act as NEUROTOXINS for many, bioscientists and neurologists, not MDs estimate problems in mental lowering by 3rd generation. so YES all the chubby girls, drink up, pay for a SLEEPER health problem for your future newborn grandchild. Evidence exists that not only are we getting dumber, fewer intelligent people at the high end are being born. why? Yes, any search brings up thousands of hits on the topic.If it were so safe would this be so? seen any issues with carrots?

Young women, look up Thalidamide..how it produced limbless, deformed babies in 50s, because pregnant young women took it for 'safe sleep' and nausea" Germany, all of Europe suffered more than 10,000 babies before it was NOT allowed in here.

30 years consumption of Name Brand Diet soda? good for you, but why on earth do all these people defend the evil megacorporations for dose delivery of a sodium laced addictive neuro stimulator? Self Interest, nobody but 'me' counts, therefore it's OK for all.

Oh well, we are free to choose….this junk is in more than 15,000 products, and FREE at every place food is served..drink up!
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    What a country! drink what you want! buy into the FDA "safe for all", ignore the hundreds of thousands of people affected by aspartame, negatively, NOT YOU, of course NOT VISIBLY, the most complained about product in USA foods (until FDA switched it's category to bury it) The Artificial Sweeteners act as NEUROTOXINS for many, bioscientists and neurologists, not MDs estimate problems in mental lowering by 3rd generation. so YES all the chubby girls, drink up, pay for a SLEEPER health problem for your future newborn grandchild. Evidence exists that not only are we getting dumber, fewer intelligent people at the high end are being born. why? Yes, any search brings up thousands of hits on the topic.If it were so safe would this be so? seen any issues with carrots?

Young women, look up Thalidamide..how it produced limbless, deformed babies in 50s, because pregnant young women took it for 'safe sleep' and nausea" Germany, all of Europe suffered more than 10,000 babies before it was NOT allowed in here.

30 years consumption of Name Brand Diet soda? good for you, but why on earth do all these people defend the evil megacorporations for dose delivery of a sodium laced addictive neuro stimulator? Self Interest, nobody but 'me' counts, therefore it's OK for all.

Oh well, we are free to choose….this junk is in more than 15,000 products, and FREE at every place food is served..drink up!

hat.jpg
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    Very strong post.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options

Must be lack of glucose to the brain
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    eric_sg61 wrote: »

Must be lack of glucose to the brain

Its lack of something anyway!
  • Sued0nim
    Options

2687475-emma-stones-hysterical-laugh-gif.gif
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    herrspoons wrote: »

Wow. You have absolutely no idea what you're on about.

And also no concept that the US is not the only country in the world apparently.
  • snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    It blows my mind that somehow this level of paranoia makes more sense than something being GRAS.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    zachbonner wrote: »
    Whoever says that diet pop is not bad for them is fooling themselves.

Diet pop contains chemicals that are known carcinogens (CAUSE CANCER!)

I'll take water, thank you very much.

bro, stop trolling the boards….

seriously...
  • Sweets1954
    Sweets1954 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    While drinking diet soda may not directly impede weight loss, there have been many studies that show drinking diet soda contributes to the body continuing to crave sweet things, specifically sugar. As to the person that said count the number of obese people driving through McD's and ordering diet soda, what else are they ordering? Personally, I don't drink diet soda or consume anything with artificial sweeteners because I don't like the taste and I don't wish to have those additional chemicals in my body. If I want soda, I will account for it in my daily allowance of calories and drink regular soda. But, once again, this is a personal choice. I do use honey in my tea, which is accounted for along with the milk that is added.
  • Sued0nim
    Options

Please name these chemikillz and source the scientific papers that show increased carcinogenic risk
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

Please name these chemikillz and source the scientific papers that show increased carcinogenic risk
    He be trollin'.
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    idk if it is opinion or brain washing by my husband but the sugars found in diet drinks are bad for the body

There AREN'T any sugars in diet drinks. That's why they're DIET!

• Pootler74
    Pootler74 Posts: 223 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    dantl wrote: »
    It does prevent weight loss because of the chemical artificial sweeteners such as sucralose, acesulfame-K (potassium), saccharin and aspartame. They have zero calories, but the chemicals and the sweet taste with zero calories doesn't trick the brain that you are eating sugar and instead stimulates your appetite so you eat more to make up for the calorie deficit the brain is expecting. It causes you to gain more weight and proportionately more fat and in turn slows your metabolism.

Nope. Not for me. In fact, the bubbles seem to fill me up and curb my hunger a bit. I feel sad for people who, on top of trying to cut down calories, reduce carbs, give up sugar and eschew fat, ALSO think they have to start drinking yucky cucumber water instead of diet pop. Because that just sounds miserable to me.

That said, of course water is better for you than just about any other yummy drink there is. But since most people don't drink enough, and a lot of people are reluctant to drink enough water, then, for lord's sake, let them drink pop.

Moderation is key. Too much of anything can be bad for you. But a few glasses of diet lemonade a day probably aren't going to do anything terrible to your body. And if it helps you get to a healthy weight, then the benefits must outweigh the negatives.

• rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Wrong question, Is there anything good for you in diet pop? I doubt it.
  • areallycoolstory
    areallycoolstory Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    My name is jessica , and I'm addicted to diet pop! I'm trying to give up, it has 0 calories/carbs... So why do I keep hearing it will,prevent weight loss????

I have lost the taste for soda, diet or otherwise. But I think it can be considered a barrier to weight loss because over-eaters sometimes justify overeating because some of their food choices are low calorie or fat free. "Well my soda had zero calories, so that balances putting cheese on my burger". If this isn't you, or won't be you on this journey, just do what works for you. If you enjoy it, keep logging and drinking it. No need to restrict something as basic as a diet soda. Especially since it won't effect you calorie totals.