5'1 - 5'2 girls what is your weight?

Options

Replies

• Melbo89
    Melbo89 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'. At my heaviest I was 147, it took me 9 months to get to 121, but that was without mfp. I am now 107 and shooting for 100. I'm eating 1200 calories a day. It's a very sad diet, but once I reach my goal I will eat to maintain. Just a few more months to go
  • Bailey_432
    Bailey_432 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi, 5"2 here, at my heaviest I was 140lbs, I'm now around 126-130lbs... Most of the weight I lost unfortunately came off my chest (but also my tummy yay). I carry a very large amount of weight in my bum and thighs... My thighs have extra fat and are also unusually hench!
  • Karihappy
    Karihappy Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Wow, I am envious of all of you! I always used to say I was 5'2", until about 8 years ago, when I found out I had shrunk to 5'1". I am going to be 52 in May, and I do believe now I've shrunk down to 5'0". The sad part is, as I shrink in height, I seem to expand in width. I hit my all-time high of 201 at Christmas. I am 198.4 this morning. I feel great at 135, but as an adult, I've been as low as 125, for a brief time, when I was about 32 or so. As a teen, I was 119, and when extreme dieting, down to as low as 109, for about two whole days....lol. Needless to say, I think all my extreme dieting has wrecked havoc on my metabolism! Which is why I am going to start the FMD diet tomorrow. Has anybody joined the membership to Fast Metabolism Diet?
  • theamazingcassiebunny
    theamazingcassiebunny Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" and maintaining at 109-ish. I think I look good at my current weight, and it's easier to maintain than my lowest weight of 106. My current goal is to get stronger. I have a tiny frame and no boobs, so at least I'd like some nice muscles. :)

I notice a lot of people have high school or college weights as their final goals, but I was actually 135 in high school. Unfortunately I was a non-curvy, kind of dumpy shape then. Don't want to go back there, lol!
  • Lisa_0527
    Lisa_0527 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    WOW!! I'm not sure if I am motivated or depressed after reading this thread

my height is 5' 1"
    SW for MFP was 220 (my all time high was 238)
    CW: 217
    GW: 130 (my lowest before having kids was 118 but I am not going to push myself to get there, I am going to go with what feels right)

Best wishes to all of you!!
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    ktrader wrote: »
    Im 170 and at my heaviest and 5'2 I was never super tiny though. In highschool I weighed 136 but didnt have as much muscle and wore the same size I wear now which is strange now that ive written it. I was 146 for awhile then somehow gained all the extra weight. So hard to take it off.I wear a 10-12 now ick.

Watch out for size inflation when you make comparisons. If you are comparing today's sizes to 10-15 years ago, or more, there has been too much change. For example--30 years ago I weighed 102 lbs and wore a size 8. Today I weigh 130 lbs and I wear a size 4. There is no possible way that those sizes are comparable! I'm a pack rat, so I have clothes from 10-12 years ago. In clothes from 10 years ago, I currently wear a size 8, and they are a bit tight. In today's sizes, again, I am a 4. So you really can't go by size for comparison. Also, the manufacturers are very different. So frustrating!!
  • tigerblue
    Options
    I'm 37 years old, 5'2" and I currently weigh 148. My goal is 130-135. Prior to having children I was 120-125, but I'm being realistic.

If you get to 130, why is it unrealistic to get to 120?

Age. It really does make a difference. Yes, everything is possible, but it becomes more and more difficult to lose/maintain as we age. And lifestyle. Kids and their needs and schedules make it more difficult. Not impossible, but sometimes you have to weigh priorities and make choices.

And then when you hit perimenopause, all the rules change. You no longer burn as many calories just living, and the fat storage patterns change. . . .

• pinksyringes
    pinksyringes Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    5'1 and 124lbs. Hoping to get to 115-110lbs.
  • pinksyringes
    pinksyringes Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Melbo89 wrote: »
    I'm 5'. At my heaviest I was 147, it took me 9 months to get to 121, but that was without mfp. I am now 107 and shooting for 100. I'm eating 1200 calories a day. It's a very sad diet, but once I reach my goal I will eat to maintain. Just a few more months to go

You are so pretty, and nice job on the weight loss!
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    tigerblue wrote: »
    I'm 37 years old, 5'2" and I currently weigh 148. My goal is 130-135. Prior to having children I was 120-125, but I'm being realistic.

Age. It really does make a difference. Yes, everything is possible, but it becomes more and more difficult to lose/maintain as we age. And lifestyle. Kids and their needs and schedules make it more difficult. Not impossible, but sometimes you have to weigh priorities and make choices.

And then when you hit perimenopause, all the rules change. You no longer burn as many calories just living, and the fat storage patterns change. . . .

mm. excuses.
  • Pammeycakes55
    Pammeycakes55 Posts: 108 Member
    Options

mm. excuses.

How would you know....you're only 30....just a baby. Come back when you're 60 and say the same thing. Age does have a lot to do with it!
  • michellemybelll
    Options

mm. excuses.

How would you know....you're only 30....just a baby. Come back when you're 60 and say the same thing. Age does have a lot to do with it!

k. i will. you're leaning on age like a crutch. sucks to be you.
  • katkins73
    katkins73 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Michellemybell, that is just damn rude!
  • michellemybelll
    Options
    katkins73 wrote: »
    Michellemybell, that is just damn rude!

it's an opinion. i think your reaction is pretty rude. at least i didn't resort to profanity.
  • steff274
    steff274 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Am 5ft 2 was up 2 pounds overnight after a curry!! :p 106 (7st 8) I started at 148 pounds (10st 8) in August 2013.. I have just started a strength program at my gym swapping some of my classes and lifting heavier ;)
  • tigerblue
    Options

mm. excuses.

Amen, @Pammeycakes55‌! And we're old enough to not let such smart remarks faze us! Actually I find it kind of funny, because she doesn't know of what she speaks! With age comes wisdom!
  • FPSchulz
    FPSchulz Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1.5" and my goal weight is 120 (currently 160.8). I am curvy (DD) and muscular and at that goal weight I was a size 4 jean.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    I lost my weight slowly and surly during menopause. It wasn't very difficult, or hard work. I have maintained for 5+ yr and am 61 now.
    It is more work to retain muscle mass as I get older though.

Cheers, h.
    ( SW130, CW100, 5'1)
  • MamaJ1974
    MamaJ1974 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 1". My highest weight was 215, several years ago. Currently at 187. I'm shooting for 170 right now. A few years ago I got down to about 160 but it wasn't really sustainable for me.