To all the MFP MEANIES and know it alls, this is for you

A couple of weeks ago I posted on this board about my struggles losing weight and asked for insight on why I wasn't losing weight. Well I eagerly waited responses and was floored when I read what was being written in response. I felt I was being ganged up on, people getting a laugh at my expense! I ended up deleting my post, cried and ate an entire sleeve of Oreos. I was literally at rock bottom, looking for help and all I got was responses from mean girls wannabe' s. I wasn't going to write a response to how y'all made me feel. But after two weeks of going over that post in my mind, I just wanna say one thing:
THANK YOU!!! In all sincerity, thank you. I realized something from that post. I was looking for validation and coddling for my bad choices and that wasn't going to do me any good. The only one who didn't realize that was me. So I'm coming back to tell everyone thank you. Thank you for your honesty, thank you for your time, thank you for your suggestions and mostly thank you for responding. I didn't accept your suggestions as anything but mean bc lets face it, what I was doing wasn't working and how could I be wrong!!
So I apologize for being such a jerk to some of you. And I thank you all for kicking my butt into the right direction.... errrrr right road to reaching my goals.
Oh and if this post shows up twice it's because I typed it out and it seemed to disappear. So I'm typing it again.

Replies

• jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    It's not everyday we get to see a post like yours! That's great! Not everyone is a meanie. Some are very blunt in their answers, but they do want to help. Keep the good work missy!
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Link thread? Im glad you gained new insight and now have a better way of approaching the task. People do want others to succeed and it takes courage to post what you have done.
    Its just the internet, so dont take it too seriously.

Good luck and dont be afraid to ask again we can all learn.
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,360 Member
    Great post!
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Glad to see you came back, and will be doing things a more healthy way from now on.
    :grinning:
  • Songbird61377
    Songbird61377 Posts: 54 Member
    sometimes all we need to keep going is the proverbial kick in the butt :)
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Cheers!

Get it, girl.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Good luck!
  • missyjg99
    missyjg99 Posts: 246 Member
    Sadly I don't have a link bc in the midst of my temper tantrum I deleted the post.
    Thanks for the support. Y'all are the best.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    giphy.gif
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    You're going places, OP. Good luck!!
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    <3
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    carlton-dance_o_gifsoup-com.gif
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    and welcome back lol
  • Holly92154
    Holly92154 Posts: 119 Member
    That is amazing. It takes a truly strong person to recognize self fault! Welcome back and good luck!!!
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    I'm glad to hear that you were able to take a step back and think about what was said to you after the emotions went away. Keep doing what you need to do and you will get to your goal!
  • CherryChan81
    CherryChan81 Posts: 264 Member
    this is nice! i'd like to thanks everyone here too! o:)<3
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Wow, serious kudos to you. Good luck with your progress. I am sure you will do well as you have a great perspective.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Good for you! I'm sure you will be very successful.
  • Cryptonomnomicon
    Cryptonomnomicon Posts: 848 Member
    cJMIaFP.gif
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Time heals all wounds...it also gives the dust time to settle and let's some clarity in. Good Luck OP, hopefully you remember some of the more important advice from your deleted post.