How much does your maintenance weight fluctuate?

Options

Replies

• nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I stay within 3 pounds in the summer and 3 pounds in the winter. What I consider my 'weight' is right in the middle. So in the summer I'll go from 147-150. In the winter I go from 150-153. If it was summer and I went over 150 I'd worry. If it were winter and I went much below 150, I'd think I was losing too much weight and worry about what would happen when it got warm.
  • cjames010
    cjames010 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    +/-3 pounds
  • Tuala42
    Tuala42 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Usually about 3-4 lbs. But I don't even bother weighing myself during TOM, no point in seeing those numbers.
  • gaurdgoose
    gaurdgoose Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    From what I read on line It runs 4-5% of your real body weight depending on the amount of glycogen is stored in your body. For every unit of glycogen there is 3 extra units of water held
  • gaurdgoose
    gaurdgoose Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    So for me it is about 12-13 lbs
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    3-5 pounds usually if ive eaten a lot of food the day before could be up 8
  • JohnH71
    JohnH71 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    About 2lbs for me.
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    126/129lb
  • djscavone
    djscavone Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    every weekend beer adds 2 lbs then by Wednesday back to my normal. Summer months I drop more do to water loss which is quick to recover from drinking water.
  • acheben
    acheben Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    pythonesk wrote: »
    You might want to always weigh yourself in the morning, naked and after going to the bathroom. That gives you a real baseline and a better idea of what's going on.

I do; the larger fluctuations come from - for example - getting weighed at the doctor's office (different scale, after eating and at an atypical time for me to weigh, in my clothes and winter boots).
    I would completely ignore any weight reading excluding the "normal" ones.

I've only been maintaining for about 6 weeks, but I tend to be within +/- 2lbs of my ideal weight.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    salembambi wrote: »
    3-5 pounds usually if ive eaten a lot of food the day before could be up 8

samesies
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Up to 8 lbs in a week. Mainly due to hormone cycle, sodium content of 'yesterday's meals', lack of proper hydration, etc.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    2 pounds
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I give myself 5lbs either direction but typically it's within 2-3
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Usually between 4-5 lbs, but I've been up as much as 9. I retain water like crazy. And during spring/summer when I'm riding 150 miles or so on the weekends in addition to my regular routine, its hard to eat enough not to drop a few lbs.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    My window is 135-140lbs. So far (3-4 months into this maintenance thing), I've stayed well within that window (136-138) with a one time blip up to 141 after Christmas feast (which all 4 lbs came off within a week--OOF, all that sodium, lol).
  • Danilynn1975
    Danilynn1975 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Been maintaining for over 2 years. My average fluctuation is 2 pounds. If it gets above that and stays for more than 5 days, I dial everything way back until it comes back into range.

• gail1961
    gail1961 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Typically 2-3 pounds but I weigh in the same day, the same time under the same conditions 1 time a week (1st thing in the morning on Saturday). I used a 20 week maintenance average as my goal and try to stay within 1-2 pounds of that to account for normal fluctuations.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    Maybe 1.5 lbs from my low.
  • Carol_
    Carol_ Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    3 0r 4.