p90x Support Group

Options

Replies

• AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options

WOW!!! You are crazy!!! (and awesome) :) Good for you...How are you feeling today??? :)

I am doing terrible everyone, my motivation is totally not there. Plus I hate to say this, but I am so sick of about half of the workouts. The workouts annoy me and Tony annoys me. Sorry if I am bursting anyone's bubble, but after 75 days it all just gets a bit old. I need variety!!! Don't get me wrong, they are still good workouts just mentally hard to get through. Any help here?

After 90 days I was glad to have a break myself, at least from some of the workouts. I get annoyed that the workouts are so long, and since I almost never just press play once at the beginning and let it play through without pause, it takes that much longer to finish. The corny jokes are certainly worn out, I find myself mumbling them along with Tony at this point.

Tony doesn't really annoy me, but there is one girl in one of the workouts (I think the one with corncob pullups) that I found quite irritating. At one point Tony asks her what she did, and she said in an obnoxious, grating way "I did TE-EN!" That still echoes in my ears. She really grates on me. Dreya is kind of annoying, too.

I like Adam, Phil, and Pam "they call her BLAM!" ...and the one-legged guy is an inspiration as well.

Anyway, I suggest you try to deal with it for the last few weeks, "graduate" from the program, then just go wide open after that: mix in P90X workouts with anything else you want, maybe initially just doing other workouts of your choosing till you get over the sameness. The beauty a lot of people find once they finish the program is they can just pick workouts a la carte and mix them into hybrids, etc. That way you can not be bored out of your mind, and you still can extract value from the disks in ongoing fashion.

---

P90X activity: None. it is my week off before going into round 2. I wasn't feeling well yesterday, still not doing well today and am glad now I was off schedule. Trying to do some light cardio here and there and work on my food intake issues.

LOL I can't stand that woman! And she's having "German Po-tae-to Soup" when she's stirring the pot! I really don't like the people in that workout. Chest and Back right?

Also the guy in the back of Kenpo, the one that helped develop that workout... he SUCKS! He's barely moving!! :explode:

I like Joe Bovino :love: :love: He's a hotter version of Tony. :tongue:
  • Bditbobcat
    Bditbobcat Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    @PJilly and DaveGlasnost: Thanks so much for the advice and support! I still haven't decided what I am going to do. I have lost my workout buddy that I was doing P90X with (my fiance) he is even more fed up than I am. Do you think I could still say I am a "graduate" if I just do all of the workouts but just not every single day in a row? So basically extend out the '90' days? :) Not that I am going to be lazy, but may start training for a 5K.

Also I can not stand the corncob girl!!! She is so...squeaky. The guy in the back of Kenpo is ridiculous, plus he totally is not in shape! Dreya is a bit annoying, but inspiring at the same time to me.

Anyways thanks guys and have a great Thursday!
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Day 2 and my first time with plyometrics, other than some stuff in Jillian dvdS. I think I liked it. Had to push pause a few more times than I would like but i stuck with it and finished. Sweat was running down my legs during the military march (which is kind of fun to do, by the way) and I had fun with the chair sweep kicks. I was nuts and went to a turbo kick class tonight bc I had plans to meet a friend there. Burned over 1000 cals today in exercise - don't know if ive ever done that before!!

One tired, hurtin' unit. But I bet Im gonna sleep like a baby!

WOW!!! You are crazy!!! (and awesome) :) Good for you...How are you feeling today??? :)

I am doing terrible everyone, my motivation is totally not there. Plus I hate to say this, but I am so sick of about half of the workouts. The workouts annoy me and Tony annoys me. Sorry if I am bursting anyone's bubble, but after 75 days it all just gets a bit old. I need variety!!! Don't get me wrong, they are still good workouts just mentally hard to get through. Any help here?

Yeah, I think crazy is the word. I doubt I'll be doing that anytime again soon. :wink: You're not bursting my bubble - and with PJilly chiming in - it actually helps me as a newbie to prepare for potential burnout at the end. I think any DVD workout has the potential to do this - and I too, like variety. That's why this is seeming so good now - it's new!

Is this your first time through it? if so, try to zero in on the sense of accomplishment you will feel if you finish the full 90 days. Try to focus on how much you've done already and how far you've come. I imagine it would be a bit like me trying to survive plyo yesterday. After the 14 minute mark i was seriously counting each minute down. It seemed to take forever, but as we neared 5 I knew I could finish. I kept thinking, I didn't do all the rest only to quit at the end. You've got 15 days left. If you've done 75, you can do one more, right??? (Then tomorrow, as yourself the same thing. I've done 76 of these, what's 1 more?) And you're down to a small enough number that you can cross them off as you count down. Maybe plan something really awesome to celebrate when you hit 90? Hope that helps.
  • JennyLynn30
    JennyLynn30 Posts: 12
    Options
    One of the great things I like about these DVD's is that you can choose to do it without all the talking. If my 7 year old is around, I don't want him to hear a couple of words used. But I guess when I get to the point that I just am tired of the same jokes and have it pretty memorized I'll just play the version with the cues. Or silence and cues and just plug in my iPod and listen to music that gets me moving. Just an idea... :)

Today I did Shoulders and Arms for the first time. I was concerned that I only had 10 and 15 pound dumbbells and that it would be too much for the first time. But it worked out great. I logged what exercises I did with 10 and which I did with 15 and placed a + by the ones I need to list heavier weights and and I did a :) by the ones I need to keep at the same weight next workout. I know I won't be able to move my arms tomorrow, but that's why I got P90X, to get a killer workout. :)
    I did ARX right after and I could feel all those muscles working in my abs. Just had a baby 4 months ago and my muscles are non existent. :)
    I'm hoping to go running later today. I'm starting to train for a half marathon. Don't know if it's okay to do P90X and too much running. Anybody know???????
  • Daisy80
    Daisy80 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Hello all

Again I can only say that all of you are doing so great!! Well done to you all!

I did YogaX today. I was actually looking forward to it. I did find it hard today but I still liked it. I do not have the strength or balance to do all the poses but overall enjoy the workout. I do feel great afterwards. Tomorrow it is the first time for me for Legs &Back. I am looking forward to it as my legs are one of the main areas I want to work on....

Bditbobcat: I hope you can find your motivation to push through the last days. I have done Slim in 6 and after about 4 weeks I was so bored it became a real dread. Just try and see how close you are to your goal. I wish I could make it to day 75! You have achieved so much already! You can do the last 15 days!! All the best for you!!
  • ProudUSMCWife
    Options
    One of the great things I like about these DVD's is that you can choose to do it without all the talking. If my 7 year old is around, I don't want him to hear a couple of words used. But I guess when I get to the point that I just am tired of the same jokes and have it pretty memorized I'll just play the version with the cues. Or silence and cues and just plug in my iPod and listen to music that gets me moving. Just an idea... :)

Today I did Shoulders and Arms for the first time. I was concerned that I only had 10 and 15 pound dumbbells and that it would be too much for the first time. But it worked out great. I logged what exercises I did with 10 and which I did with 15 and placed a + by the ones I need to list heavier weights and and I did a :) by the ones I need to keep at the same weight next workout. I know I won't be able to move my arms tomorrow, but that's why I got P90X, to get a killer workout. :)
    I did ARX right after and I could feel all those muscles working in my abs. Just had a baby 4 months ago and my muscles are non existent. :)
    I'm hoping to go running later today. I'm starting to train for a half marathon. Don't know if it's okay to do P90X and too much running. Anybody know???????

I wonder the same thing. I usually go for a 3-5 mile walk/run everyday as well.
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options

Good idea with the mute button. :) I did shoulders and arms today too, also my first time. I really liked it! I will need heavier weights though. I had to skip ARX because I have a painful spot on my tailbone and several of the exercises have me sitting right on that pressure point. It's only a temporary and I'll be able to do this par tod the work soon.

Daisy- good to hear you like yoga. Maybe that will help me dread it less. ;)
  • Bditbobcat
    Bditbobcat Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Ok guys. Thanks for all of the support! You all are awesome. It is back on. I told my fiance that I have to finish with or without him and he probably felt guilty and is continuing with me! :) I do have to play catch up. Did Back and Biceps this morning. Despite having my least fav person (corncob girl) it is such a great workout (though a little heavy on the bicep curls i have to admit). I am going to do Legs and Back tomorrow and maybe run on sunday instead of Kenpo...

I am in the market for a heart rate monitor, anyone have one that they love that they can recommend to me?

Have a great friday!!! :drinker:
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    Something I've realized this week... I'm not nearly as sore as I was the very first week :drinker: That's progress for me, folks!! :bigsmile:
  • DaveGlasnost
    DaveGlasnost Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Ok guys. Thanks for all of the support! You all are awesome. It is back on. I told my fiance that I have to finish with or without him and he probably felt guilty and is continuing with me! :) I do have to play catch up. Did Back and Biceps this morning. Despite having my least fav person (corncob girl) it is such a great workout (though a little heavy on the bicep curls i have to admit). I am going to do Legs and Back tomorrow and maybe run on sunday instead of Kenpo...

I am in the market for a heart rate monitor, anyone have one that they love that they can recommend to me?

Have a great friday!!! :drinker:

I have grown to despise corncob girl. Give me Pam They Call Her BLAM! any day -- she rocks!
  • DaveGlasnost
    DaveGlasnost Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    @PJilly and DaveGlasnost: Thanks so much for the advice and support! I still haven't decided what I am going to do. I have lost my workout buddy that I was doing P90X with (my fiance) he is even more fed up than I am. Do you think I could still say I am a "graduate" if I just do all of the workouts but just not every single day in a row? So basically extend out the '90' days? :) Not that I am going to be lazy, but may start training for a 5K.

Also I can not stand the corncob girl!!! She is so...squeaky. The guy in the back of Kenpo is ridiculous, plus he totally is not in shape! Dreya is a bit annoying, but inspiring at the same time to me.

Anyways thanks guys and have a great Thursday!

Definitely stretch the program out a little if needed. I did my 90 days in just over 100. Lots of people actually have real lives and real life does get in the way of a demanding workout schedule. I can already tell you that my round 2 will be at least 105 days as I have a week-long vacation coming up.

Generally I tried to double up some days to "catch up" the schedule, later on I relaxed my attitude and was more willing to just move the schedule back a day. One time when I had a really bad travel week, I just cut my losses, took a step back, and simply restarted that week.

My friends who introduced me to P90X never actually went through with the schedule -- they just pulled the disks out randomly on different days and used them. They too found themselves becoming focused on moving into running. 5Ks, 10Ks, moving toward half-marathons.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,734 Member
    Options
    You all are so inspiring. Thank you!

I'll be doing Legs & Back (I like this one) and ARX today. Yesterday was X Stretch (I'm guilty of subbing that for Yoga X), and it felt good after my not-so-good experience with Chest, Shoulders & Triceps the day before. I'm most excited for Kenpo X tomorrow. That is hands down the most enjoyable of all the P90X workouts for me. The time just flies by on that one.

Hope you all are having a happy Friday (the 13th) and that you have great workouts today!
  • Ashalahn_LMT
    Ashalahn_LMT Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Although I'm a little late jumping into this P90X thread. I am in my first week of the 3rd phase. And I'll be starting the program again. Looking for help and motivation to get down those last few percentage points of body fat. So close to a 6-pack. So. Very. Close.
  • PJilly
    Options
    Although I'm a little late jumping into this P90X thread. I am in my first week of the 3rd phase. And I'll be starting the program again. Looking for help and motivation to get down those last few percentage points of body fat. So close to a 6-pack. So. Very. Close.
    Glad you found us!

Congrats on making it to Phase 3. How much of a break are you going to take before starting another round, and what will you do during that time? I'm always interested to see what people do after completing a round. I took a LONG break between my last round and this one, but I still worked out six days a week, just not doing P90X.
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    :Laugh: you ladies are funny, pointing out things about the other women on the DVD's. geesh :laugh: :laugh:Maybe I haven't got to that point yet where they piss me off. I laugh when I hear the german potato soup, but I guess I don't let simple things like this annoy someone. Should it?

JennyLynn - awesome. I also do couch25k and P90x, and I just run on cardio days if I feel like it, or strength days where I worked my upper body..

Daisy - isn't yogaX something. I skipped it this week because of the nice weather yesterday, but I sweat like crazy doing that workout. It's a great feeling to do something you couldn't do 2-3 weeks prior.

bpbcat - Is your fiancee wanting to quit because of the same reasons? Got bored? People annoy you on the dvd's? I guess I can see that happening, but you should try to be making mini goals and striving for them. Sounds like the motivation is gone. Make those goals, maybe look at more success stories. As smiles said have a celebration for yourselves after you hit 90 days or your mi goals.
    We only get ouf of it what we put into it. :smile: good luck
    Wow, I was behind - Just saw recent message.. It's back on .. Rock it. You both can do it! :flowerforyou:

I know once I get to day 90, I will be looking forward to Round 2 and the next 90.

kandyjo - That is a good feeling knowing you weren't sore from the same workout, or even if you worked out harder than previous week, and no soreness the next day.
    My friends who introduced me to P90X never actually went through with the schedule -- they just pulled the disks out randomly on different days and used them. They too found themselves becoming focused on moving into running. 5Ks, 10Ks, moving toward half-marathons.
    I think if someone does this, they will have a tendancy to avoid certain workouts, repeat some workouts, and possibly do workouts in the wrong order.
    Example when I started back, first week I did chest and back and then tried to do Yoga X the next day. Uhhhh no, chest muscles were toast, same thing as doing legs and back day before Plyometrics.

Jill - I'm with you, I'm off to do legs and back and I've typed too much.

Today I increased my weights, dumbbells and pull downs, we will see how it goes.
  • AmyQwith2
    AmyQwith2 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hi all - I got the Chest & Back DVD i was missing so I can do them in the proper order next week...for this week I've done all but Yoga and Chest & Back so far...I am really liking this program - although I'm not getting really sore so I think I will up all my weights for next week...maybe i'm stronger than I think? even legs and back yesterday didn't kill me - although my resistance bands are packed away (we're redoing part of the house) and hidden so i half-assed the back parts as well as i could...i might add weights to some more of my squats next week too...
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Legs & Back and ARx done.

Oh yah... Happy Friday the 13th, :laugh:
  • Ashalahn_LMT
    Ashalahn_LMT Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    Glad you found us!

Congrats on making it to Phase 3. How much of a break are you going to take before starting another round, and what will you do during that time? I'm always interested to see what people do after completing a round. I took a LONG break between my last round and this one, but I still worked out six days a week, just not doing P90X.
    [/quote]

I probably won't take a break at all actually. Maybe the recovery week before starting over again. I have a goal date of August 27 to achieve a visible set of abs. I don't think I can squeeze another full round in by that date, but I want to give it a shot.

And apparently me trying to quote and reply didn't work out too well.
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    Question about YogaX... can anyone advise what to expect for the first time? I have a large knot in my right calf... which i feel with every step I take. Any chance this will actually be good for it and stretch it out?
  • PJilly
    Options
    I probably won't take a break at all actually. Maybe the recovery week before starting over again. I have a goal date of August 27 to achieve a visible set of abs. I don't think I can squeeze another full round in by that date, but I want to give it a shot.

And apparently me trying to quote and reply didn't work out too well.
    LOL. Sometimes the quoting doesn't work the way it ought to. It isn't always operator error. :smile:

ARX and Legs & Back done, in that order. Ahhh, that feels good. I tried the "silence and cues" mode and found it to be much more enjoyable. :tongue: