p90x Support Group

Options

Replies

• McCarthy05
    McCarthy05 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey Ya'll, Just found your thread. I am currently on week 3 of P90X and Week 5 of of C25K. Was working it hard the first three weeks with no weight loss. I was eating over my needed calories so that should change now :). I have two weddings this year and a graduation next year to`attend so my goal is to look like I haven't had three kids and the fat to show it.
    Today is a run day plus shoulders and arms.....still hve to do the shoulder and arm routine.....maybe after the kids go to bed tonite.

ps All of ya'll rock : )
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody, just finished Shoulders & Arms - Enjoyed the workout, S & A feeling stronger and tighter, that more pumped feelign.
    ARx - :laugh: better, but will take long time to keep up to Tony.

Do your best, and forget the rest.
  • AmyQwith2
    AmyQwith2 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    did PlyoX last night - and I have to say that it felt easy compared to Insanity! I was so excited and really enjoyed the workout!
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,738 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 2 of week 2, and my knee's are really sore and swollen. I have a history of bad knees, and up till I started P90X, I got most all my cardio from Spinning (or walking) so there was no pressure on my knees. I'm loving P90X (and the results that have come with it so far), but need some advice on getting the swelling down and caring for me knees a bit more.

Any suggestions welcome!
    Have you ever tried wrapping your knees before you work out? That can help provide some stability, and it actually feels pretty good. You don't want to wrap them very tightly. It's easy to overdo it. Hang in there, and don't hurt yourself!
  • PJilly
    Options
    I did Chest, Shoulders & Triceps and ARX today. Because I'm doing an abbreviated round, I decided to do Shoulders & Arms one week and CS&T the next. I think I may just stick with S&A exclusively. I don't think I'm making excuses for myself when I say I feel like CS&T does more harm than good. I feel like my shoulder and elbow joints take too much of a beating. I'll have to think on this and decide what to do two weeks from today...

I did 20 reps of each exercise again in ARX. That seems to work pretty well for me. I think I'll do that again Friday, and then next week, I'll make a valiant effort to do every single rep. Wish me luck.

How's everybody else doing?
  • spayne_4
    spayne_4 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Everyone is amazing doing there days or P90X and staying consistent!! I'm on day 10 and tonight will be doing Shoulders and Arms + Ab ripperX. I've already had a decent run this morning and excited for tonight. I had to go some heavier weights so it's gonna be tougher but hopefully worth it!! I am worried because I kinda got my P90X for a good deal at a yard sale but without nutrition guide. I was wondering if anyone lost anything without it? I'm still following MFP, eating pretty good, and making sure I eat some of my exercise calories back, but still. I mean it's a workout and as long as I watch my eating it should still workout. Anyway let's keep it up and so HAPPY I found this thread :O) It will give me some extra support and motivation :O)
  • PJilly
    Options
    Wow!! Everyone is amazing doing there days or P90X and staying consistent!! I'm on day 10 and tonight will be doing Shoulders and Arms + Ab ripperX. I've already had a decent run this morning and excited for tonight. I had to go some heavier weights so it's gonna be tougher but hopefully worth it!! I am worried because I kinda got my P90X for a good deal at a yard sale but without nutrition guide. I was wondering if anyone lost anything without it? I'm still following MFP, eating pretty good, and making sure I eat some of my exercise calories back, but still. I mean it's a workout and as long as I watch my eating it should still workout. Anyway let's keep it up and so HAPPY I found this thread :O) It will give me some extra support and motivation :O)
    I don't use the Nutrition Guide, but if you want to check it out and decide for yourself, Beachbody has it available as a PDF right here:
    http://teambeachbody.com/home/-/dl_get_file/32ea4c06-2287-4660-8adc-8db758929d28
  • Daisy80
    Daisy80 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Hello

Wow you are all doing so well!! It's great!

I have fallen off the wagon a bit after my birthday I have to say. I haven't been exercising for 5 days. I finally got back to it today. I continued with the normal calendar so did Arms & Back today. I will just do an extra week on Phase 1. So instead of 3 I'll do 4 before going into recovery week. I am determined to not fall off the wagon again! I told my boyfriend too to not allow me to be lazy :smile:

I will check in again daily as well. You are all doing so well and I will have you as my motivation :flowerforyou:

All the best!

Daisy
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Last night I kicked butt at PlyoX! I didn't get to take a walk because it looked like rain. Today I'll do Week 4 Day 2 of C25K on the treadmill on my lunchbreak, and will do ARX & S&A after work!

Talk to you all later!

I have to admit that I admire you for doing P90X and C25K at the same time! How do you have time to eat? :) I need to start training for a 5K and I really dread it truthfully, I am not a runner. So I will use you as inspiration to move forward!!! Thanks.

:smile: Thank you! :smile: I am lucky that I am able to go to the gym on my lunchbreak and fit in a half hour of cardio. I started doing this last August when I was having some seriously uncomfortable stomach issues, and I discovered that doing some sort of cardio helped me feel better! Now I have my stomach issues under control and I still LOVE going for the extra calorie burn, and the mental health aspect is amazing! To get off my butt out of the office and come back energized... it's better for everyone I work with. lol And, trust me, I always find time to eat! I am not a runner either... but I want to be!

Speaking of running... I'm doing the Race for the Cure this weekend! I walked it last year and told myself I would run it next year soooo wish me luck! I'm not going for any time or anything, I just want to actually run it. :happy: I'm not going to change my P90X schedule or anything, so I'll have Legs & Back the night before the race. lol.

Daisy: No worries about taking a little break. Good job starting back where you left off! Just keep pressing play!

Jill: I don't blame you for choosing to do S&A exclusively. Also that's good advice about wrapping the knees. I actually started using a weight belt when I was doing Chalean Extreme, and used it today when I did S&A.

I gotta get goin! I was so busy at work today I actually wasn't able to get my cardio in and somehow now it's 8:30 and I just got done with dinner...... where does the day go?

TTYL!
  • Julka05
    Julka05 Posts: 1
    Options
    I want to buy the P90x. I'm very intersted. I'm happy to see there's a support group here. Awesome! I have a question though regarding meals and meal plans. Is there a certain diet that goes with this? and where would i find info about this? what i need to eat? what i can't eat? and how many caloires and all that.

Thank you.
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Day 2 and my first time with plyometrics, other than some stuff in Jillian dvdS. I think I liked it. Had to push pause a few more times than I would like but i stuck with it and finished. Sweat was running down my legs during the military march (which is kind of fun to do, by the way) and I had fun with the chair sweep kicks. I was nuts and went to a turbo kick class tonight bc I had plans to meet a friend there. Burned over 1000 cals today in exercise - don't know if ive ever done that before!!

One tired, hurtin' unit. But I bet Im gonna sleep like a baby!
  • AwMyLoLo
    Options
    I want to buy the P90x. I'm very intersted. I'm happy to see there's a support group here. Awesome! I have a question though regarding meals and meal plans. Is there a certain diet that goes with this? and where would i find info about this? what i need to eat? what i can't eat? and how many caloires and all that.

Thank you.

If you're serious about doing P90X, I would definitely recommend you buy it from beachbody.com. (I am not a coach or associated with beachbody in any way!). When you buy from them rather than ebay, craigslist, etc, you will get a nutrition plan book and also a book that explains all of the moves in all of the dvds. Another major benefit of buying it from beachbody is you can purchase a "no questions asked lifetime guarantee" on your dvds. I've already had 1 dvd that needed to be replaced. It is worth the money.

HTH :flowerforyou:
  • AwMyLoLo
    Options
    Day 2 and my first time with plyometrics, other than some stuff in Jillian dvdS. I think I liked it. Had to push pause a few more times than I would like but i stuck with it and finished. Sweat was running down my legs during the military march (which is kind of fun to do, by the way) and I had fun with the chair sweep kicks. I was nuts and went to a turbo kick class tonight bc I had plans to meet a friend there. Burned over 1000 cals today in exercise - don't know if ive ever done that before!!

I used to pause the crap outta plyoX! :laugh: And I used to always skip the military march - I HATED those for some reason :huh: . My favorite moves in plyox are swing kicks and squat jacks! Great job sticking it out to the end!!
  • Bditbobcat
    Bditbobcat Posts: 171 Member
    Options

WOW!!! You are crazy!!! (and awesome) :) Good for you...How are you feeling today??? :)

I am doing terrible everyone, my motivation is totally not there. Plus I hate to say this, but I am so sick of about half of the workouts. The workouts annoy me and Tony annoys me. Sorry if I am bursting anyone's bubble, but after 75 days it all just gets a bit old. I need variety!!! Don't get me wrong, they are still good workouts just mentally hard to get through. Any help here?
  • PJilly
    Options

Thank you.

If you're serious about doing P90X, I would definitely recommend you buy it from beachbody.com. (I am not a coach or associated with beachbody in any way!). When you buy from them rather than ebay, craigslist, etc, you will get a nutrition plan book and also a book that explains all of the moves in all of the dvds. Another major benefit of buying it from beachbody is you can purchase a "no questions asked lifetime guarantee" on your dvds. I've already had 1 dvd that needed to be replaced. It is worth the money.

HTH :flowerforyou:
    Yep, everything she said, plus you can now get the Nutrition Guide online: http://teambeachbody.com/home/-/dl_get_file/32ea4c06-2287-4660-8adc-8db758929d28

You'd still get one in print if you ordered the set, but it's kind of nice to be able to look through the PDF too. There's a TON of info in it, and even if you don't follow it to the letter, it still has some good "food for thought" and some good recipes too.
  • PJilly
    Options
    WOW!!! You are crazy!!! (and awesome) :) Good for you...How are you feeling today??? :)

I am doing terrible everyone, my motivation is totally not there. Plus I hate to say this, but I am so sick of about half of the workouts. The workouts annoy me and Tony annoys me. Sorry if I am bursting anyone's bubble, but after 75 days it all just gets a bit old. I need variety!!! Don't get me wrong, they are still good workouts just mentally hard to get through. Any help here?
    You are singing to the choir, trust me. I feel exactly the same way. Why do you think I'm doing an abbreviated round this time? :tongue: :laugh: I am going to do five weeks of P90X and five weeks of Debbie Siebers' Slim Series. Have you ever tried that one? It's the follow-up to Slim in 6, but it's way more fun than SI6, because it has six different workouts. I really, really like it, and Debbie does not annoy me in any way, shape or form (and Tony definitely does). I was missing some of the heavier lifting of P90X, but the thought of doing it for 90 days filled me with dread, so I'm finding a way to make it work for me without driving myself completely insane. :wink:
  • ProudUSMCWife
    Options
    I did yoga X today for the first time. I was enjoying it at first and then I got SOOOO bored. I have never been a yoga person because it isn't fast paced enough for me. I did stick to it and finished the whole 90 minutes. YAY ME!!!! I can't wait for tomorrow for my next workout. Good luck today everyone.
  • bpowers24
    bpowers24 Posts: 2
    Options
    Im in week 3 and did plyro last night...I love it but it kicks my butt. I end up doing the last 15 minutes with the modified moved 'cause my legs burn like crazy. I do get a kick out of the "sports moves" at the end. I really struggled with this weeks Chest and Back...I did worse on my various pushups that I did in week 2. Frustrating.

I look forward to the yoga...I did it just before bed and it helped me sleep...
  • DaveGlasnost
    DaveGlasnost Posts: 146 Member
    Options

After 90 days I was glad to have a break myself, at least from some of the workouts. I get annoyed that the workouts are so long, and since I almost never just press play once at the beginning and let it play through without pause, it takes that much longer to finish. The corny jokes are certainly worn out, I find myself mumbling them along with Tony at this point.

Tony doesn't really annoy me, but there is one girl in one of the workouts (I think the one with corncob pullups) that I found quite irritating. At one point Tony asks her what she did, and she said in an obnoxious, grating way "I did TE-EN!" That still echoes in my ears. She really grates on me. Dreya is kind of annoying, too.

I like Adam, Phil, and Pam "they call her BLAM!" ...and the one-legged guy is an inspiration as well.

Anyway, I suggest you try to deal with it for the last few weeks, "graduate" from the program, then just go wide open after that: mix in P90X workouts with anything else you want, maybe initially just doing other workouts of your choosing till you get over the sameness. The beauty a lot of people find once they finish the program is they can just pick workouts a la carte and mix them into hybrids, etc. That way you can not be bored out of your mind, and you still can extract value from the disks in ongoing fashion.

---

P90X activity: None. it is my week off before going into round 2. I wasn't feeling well yesterday, still not doing well today and am glad now I was off schedule. Trying to do some light cardio here and there and work on my food intake issues.
  • PJilly
    Options
    P90X activity: None. it is my week off before going into round 2. I wasn't feeling well yesterday, still not doing well today and am glad now I was off schedule. Trying to do some light cardio here and there and work on my food intake issues.
    Glad the timing worked out that this is your week off. Maybe you should extend your break another week and really give your body time to rest and recover. I hope you feel better soon!