p90x Support Group

Options

Replies

• PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,704 Member
    Options
    I just finished Legs & Back and ARX a few minutes ago. I decided to do 20 of all the ARX moves instead of 25, and I was actually able to do them all. It helped to be able to take a breather between sets, so I think my form was better and I probably got a better ab workout doing it that way than trying to do all 25. I'll work my way up to doing them all — maybe by this time next week. ;-)

I hope you're all enjoying P90X as much as I am!

I have to jump in the shower and get ready to meet my mom for our traditional Mother's Day lunch.
  • Bditbobcat
    Bditbobcat Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I just finished Legs & Back and ARX a few minutes ago. I decided to do 20 of all the ARX moves instead of 25, and I was actually able to do them all. It helped to be able to take a breather between sets, so I think my form was better and I probably got a better ab workout doing it that way than trying to do all 25. I'll work my way up to doing them all — maybe by this time next week. ;-)

I hope you're all enjoying P90X as much as I am!

I have to jump in the shower and get ready to meet my mom for our traditional Mother's Day lunch.

I usually do the exact same thing for ARX. There are only a couple of the exercises that I have worked up to 25, but I am taking it slow.
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    Just did ZUMBA instead of P90X shoulders and arms... I'm still going to do it!!!!!! I just felt like shakin' my groove thang for some more cardio... I"m a cardio addict... Can't help it!!! Makes me feel GOOOOOOODDDDD:drinker:
  • esisco
    esisco Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I decided to try doing the ab ripper x first today because I saw a couple people mention doing it that way. It really helped and I had better form through the moves because I wasn't already exhausted. I did do the 25 of each but I had to pause it a couple of times to catch up because of mini breaks. Legs and back was fun with all the lunges. Looking forward to Kenpo tomorrow.

Daisy80: Happy Birthday. Hope it's a good one.:drinker:
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Week 3 done, bring on recovery! I missed Legs & Back yesterday, so I did that plus Kenpo this morning. Feeling great, just hungry. :laugh: Got a really great burn, so I'm off to go refuel. Have a great weekend!
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    BOOTY! Ugh it's sore today! :laugh: Did ARX & L&B last night. I really really am pathetic at pullups. I mean, really, I can't even imagine being able to do 1 decent one. I use a chair to assist me but just feel like I'm doing it wrong. :ohwell: I skip the second set of pullups usually.

It's a nice morning here in Ohio so I can't decide if I want to kick some bootay with Kenpo or try to go jogging. Since I'm so sore I think Kenpo might help me loosen up better than jogging. hmm... I'll letcha know. lol

We're going to Bonefish Grill for my bday tonight :bigsmile: . I'm gonna get scallops & shrimp :drinker: . Happy Mother's Day to all you mommas :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Hope everyone has a great weekend!
  • PJilly
    Options
    BOOTY! Ugh it's sore today! :laugh: Did ARX & L&B last night. I really really am pathetic at pullups. I mean, really, I can't even imagine being able to do 1 decent one. I use a chair to assist me but just feel like I'm doing it wrong. :ohwell: I skip the second set of pullups usually.

It's a nice morning here in Ohio so I can't decide if I want to kick some bootay with Kenpo or try to go jogging. Since I'm so sore I think Kenpo might help me loosen up better than jogging. hmm... I'll letcha know. lol

We're going to Bonefish Grill for my bday tonight :bigsmile: . I'm gonna get scallops & shrimp :drinker: . Happy Mother's Day to all you mommas :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Hope everyone has a great weekend!
    Happy Birthday!!! Enjoy your dinner tonight.

You know, this is my fourth round of P90X, and I still can't do an unassisted pullup. I was bound and determined I'd be able to do at least one by the end of Round 3. Sometimes determination isn't enough. LOL. But you know what? I feel strong and fit, and I like the look of the muscles in my back, so I'm OK with using my pullup bar as the thing I attach my resistance band to, and I do my back workouts that way. I figure it's better to do it that way well than to do it the "real" way poorly. :tongue:

I am really feeling yesterday's L&B and ARX. Kenpo is going to be a nice way to warm and loosen all those stiff muscles today.

Hope you all have a good one!
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options

Happy Birthday!!! Enjoy your dinner tonight.

You know, this is my fourth round of P90X, and I still can't do an unassisted pullup. I was bound and determined I'd be able to do at least one by the end of Round 3. Sometimes determination isn't enough. LOL. But you know what? I feel strong and fit, and I like the look of the muscles in my back, so I'm OK with using my pullup bar as the thing I attach my resistance band to, and I do my back workouts that way. I figure it's better to do it that way well than to do it the "real" way poorly. :tongue:

I am really feeling yesterday's L&B and ARX. Kenpo is going to be a nice way to warm and loosen all those stiff muscles today.

Hope you all have a good one!

Thank you!

I was thinking that yesterday that I wish I had a band to do pulldowns instead. I actually do have some weird band thing I should try. My upper body is naturally pretty slim and I have pretty nice definition (I think :laugh: :wink: ). P90X is really focused on upper body, and it's my lower body that needs to tone up and slim down, so that's why I choose to do Core instead of 2 upper body weight days, and am not too concerned about the Back part of L&B.
  • PJilly
    Options
    Just make sure the band is heavy-duty enough. The last thing you need to have happen is for it to snap. :noway: I know the Beachbody ones aren't inexpensive, but they are nice and tough. I've had others that weren't, and this is definitely an instance where I think you're better safe than sorry.
  • c0untingsheep
    c0untingsheep Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    My brother and I are doing it together and we're on day 21 and haven't skipped a day. :)
  • PJilly
    Options
    Ahhh, Kenpo X under my belt. I'm pretty sure that's my all-time favorite X workout.
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, AWMYLOLO!!! :drinker:

Had a baseball game early this morning.... Kiddos weren't on their game today, and my son made our only run...:laugh: but they are just so darn cute!!!
    I also had words with the coach because he's pretty much a big, fat jerk who has no business coaching children... Anyway....(letting it go......)

Anyway... I have shoulders and arms today and... I did ARX yesterday, but never got around to shoulders and arms... AND I LOVE sholudlers and arms.... I may be pulling a double today......
  • DaveGlasnost
    DaveGlasnost Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Happy Mother's Day!

Had to do first half of Core Syn yesterday morning, got called away for a few hours, came back, did the Core Syn warmup, skipped to where I left off to finish that, and tacked on an X Stretch for good measure.

Yoga X and 90 day wrapup today. Will X Stretch tomorrow.
  • krostron
    krostron Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I would like to join you guys! I'm a little late but plan on starting either today or tomorrow!!!
  • PJilly
    Options
    I would like to join you guys! I'm a little late but plan on starting either today or tomorrow!!!
    Glad you found us!

I wrapped up my Week 1 with Kenpo X yesterday. Today's my rest day, and tomorrow I'll be doing Core Synergistics.

How's everybody else doing? Happy Mom's Day!
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Happy Mother's Day to all the moms! :flowerforyou:

Started Week 4 today (yay recovery week) with Yoga...today was my first time forcing myself to do the entire workout, and I actually really enjoyed it! My legs are usually pretty tight, so it was a really nice change of pace. And, no...I can't do the Crane either. :laugh: Feeling really good and relaxed now. Looking forward to Core Syn tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a great day!
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    My name is Melissa and I'm a thread lurker! :laugh: I have plans to borrow this program from my friend - she's supposed to bring it to the office tomorrow so I can pick it up... so I'm working up my courage to give this a try. I'd love to join in if you've got room for more. I will not lie. All this talk about pull up bars and resistance bands scares me a little. :noway: But I've learned in life that some of the greatest rewards come from facing the scary stuff and living to tell about it.

Looks like you're all rockin' it out! Thanks for bravely paving the way...
  • jspring95
    jspring95 Posts: 5
    Options
    Thanks pjilly for getting me to this thread. Happy Mother's Day everyone. I had started on Monday as well, before I even found this website. Just did some X Stretch to finish my first week... I actually have let myself go more than I thought, but I got though the week and feel great today. I m going to try the nutrition plan included, or at least try and match the carb/protein count and try and run a nice calorie deficit, I'm really excited to see how I look in 30,60,90.... Good Luck Everyone:glasses:
  • Daisy80
    Daisy80 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Hello

Thank you for the birthday wishes!

Finally back! Unfortunately I haven't been as good as I would have liked to be. I missed Legs and Back and Kenpo :-(
    It's not good but I just had such a great time celebrating my birthday with my friends that I just didn't find the time...I am trying to not being too hard on myself about it. I am disappointed especially as I was looking forward to those two. My legs are an area I really want to work on and I thought I will enjoy. It is what it is and I will just move on. Looking forward to getting back into it and also I have nothing really coming up so there shouldn't be much obstruction... :smile:

Well done all you! Great to be back :smile:

Hillary: Happy belated birthday!

Kandy-Jo: Well done on the gained flexibility. :wink: I have to say that even though I did not even complete my first week I felt better about myself. I can't wait to get back to it!
  • econn
    econn Posts: 157
    Options
    about to start p90x tomorrow!! very excited/nervous!