p90x Support Group

Options

Replies

• AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I'm getting ready to head to the gym for a half hour on the elliptical and I'll do YogaX when I get home from work. Really looking forward to that - my entire body is so sore!

Make sure you all press play today!
  • Bditbobcat
    Bditbobcat Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Whew! Just finished Shoulders & Arms and about 4 minutes of ARX. I have always done abs BEFORE lifting, and I remember why now. I am whipped from S&A! (Also, I need one or two more Jack Russells to kick, smack, push away while I'm doing ARX :grumble: :laugh: ) Now I'm heatin up some leftovers for dinner and bundling up to take the dogs for a walk with my friend. Yes. Bundling up. There is currently a pause in the rain but the current temperature is 49 "feels like" 44. Where is Spring?! :explode: Tomorrow is supposed to be nice, though, and I *have* to leave work early to take my car for some minor repairs. :wink: Too bad once I get back from my walk I have to stuff paychecks and write a long email. Oh well, enough about that.

Hi, bobcat! Glad you're joining us! I'm sure me and you will be complaining about the Ohio weather more!

Just curious: how much weight are you guys using for Shoulders & Arms? I used 15's or 12's for shoulders, 12's for biceps, & 8's for triceps (in general). I did 10-12 reps for most moves.

I am impressed with your weight usage! I need to buy 12lb dumbbells, but right now I am using 8lbs for pretty much everything except the shoulder flys. I just try to do at least 15 of everything.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,704 Member
    Options
    Howdy!

I am sore today too, and I love it! I'm subbing X Stretch for Yoga X, and I'll be doing it here shortly. I expect it is going to feel amazing on my confused muscles. :happy:

Hope you all have great workouts today, whichever ones you're doing!
  • AwMyLoLo
    Options
    eh, I actually had to skip my lunchtime workout because I have to leave work early and I had to run to Kroger for lunch and some other stuff. Oh well! :grumble:
  • Fit4Vet
    Fit4Vet Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Aww, yes, S&A was just as good as I remembered & I really, really wanted to do the second sets (I'm doing a shortie hybrid), but of course, I didn't have time for it. As for weights, I max out at 15's for pretty much everything. Although, I do have some 25's from last round & I hope to be using them soon. There were a few things that I used 8's for b/c I woke up with a crink in one side of my neck yesterday which gave me a headache & I didn't want to make it worse. But, I did 20-25 reps on those. Hope to be back to 15's on everything next week!

Today I have 4 miles on schedule after work. Tomorrow I leave for an extended weekend work trip / vacation, so I'll have ARX in the morning + Creative Core Conditioning (Shiva) before we leave + hopefully some pool time in the evening. Then Saturday morning is Yoga X in the gardens (I'm excited about this), a massage (this too) & sight seeing all day - on foot, pushing a wheel chair. :huh: Sunday is my scheduled X Stretch which I hope to find a quiet little spot outside for too + more sight seeing while pushing the wheel chair. Monday, I'll be heading back home but I hope to get in my scheduled Chest & Back & ARX - we'll see if I make that one after traveling all day!

See you guys on Monday! Enjoy your workouts!!
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    YAY!!!! :drinker: Our group is finally more active!!!! EXCITING!!

Ok, I have Cardio X on the agenda today!!! WORD!!! :bigsmile: I love me some cardio!!

Keep pushing play my fabulous friends!!! AND BRING IT! :drinker:
  • kandyjo
    Options
    BTW:...

I just added some of you more active MFP'ers on this thread.... I :heart: WORKOUT BUDDIES!! + the extra accountability :bigsmile:
  • esisco
    esisco Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Finished my first time on Yoga X. Some of the active poses hurt but I stuck with it. I had forgotten about crane pose from before when I did yoga. I was never able to do that one properly. I tried it today though. Almost went headfirst into the floor but I just reset my balance and tried again. Looking forward to trying again next week.
  • Daisy80
    Daisy80 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Hello

Wow it is great to see the amount of effort and work everyone puts into it!! Well done to all of you!!

I have done YogaX for the first time today. And yes it was hard but I think I really like it. It was long and some of the stuff is just impossible to do but I felt great afterwards. I like it too how it is split into the 2 sections. I just about had enough of the upward dog etc when this part was done and the balancing stuff comes in. And the stretching and relaxing bit at the end just felt sooo good!
    It is long yes but I do think it is worth doing it! And my legs feel so much better!

I will have to take my rest day tomorrow instead of Sunday. It is my birthday tomorrow and my boyfriend and I have plans all day :smile: I am hoping to stay at close to my diet as possible but I think I'll allow myself a piece of cake :smile:

But as long as I do the workouts on Saturday and Sunday I don't think it'll be a problem....

Again well done to you all! And keep it up! :smile:

All the best

Daisy
  • Daisy80
    Daisy80 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Finished my first time on Yoga X. Some of the active poses hurt but I stuck with it. I had forgotten about crane pose from before when I did yoga. I was never able to do that one properly. I tried it today though. Almost went headfirst into the floor but I just reset my balance and tried again. Looking forward to trying again next week.

I am determined to master this pose....might take a few more weeks but I really would love to be able to do it :wink:
  • jackelyn14
    jackelyn14 Posts: 59
    Options
    I just finished Arms and Shoulders and Ab ripper X. I really really like the arms and shoulders workout, but definitely don't feel like i worked myself hard enough - need to get heavier weight for next week! And as for Ab ripper x - I need ALOT of work there, Yikes!

Happy Birthday Daisy!

Glad to see we're all sticking to it! :)
  • AwMyLoLo
    Options
    Hey guys! I haven't gotten to do my YogaX yet but I did take the dogs for a walk, probably about 2.5 miles. :bigsmile: The sun is FINALLY shining! It's 7pm now and I've got chicken kabobs on the grill (yum). After I eat I'm popping in YogaX for at least the first 45 minutes of it. I know it'll feel good once I'm done. :wink: Hell, I may even do the whole thing!

Jackelyn: You'll be surprised how quickly you improve in every workout, including ARX. If you think you can lift heavier, definitely do so!

Happy early birthday, Daisy!! :flowerforyou:

Vet: Have fun on your trip! We'll miss you! :smooched:
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Shoulders & Arms/ARX done...was able to increase my reps on all of the exercises, and starting to feel less wiped so I'm calling it a win! Day 18 done. :happy:
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,704 Member
    Options
    I am so jazzed for Legs & Back tomorrow! :bigsmile: Maybe I'll do ARX first and get it out of the way. :laugh:
  • Bditbobcat
    Bditbobcat Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Did Legs and Back today. It has been so long since I have done this workout and it actually hurt me. I was so done with lunges this morning! hehe! I made it through and feel great now. Was bad yesterday and did not to YogaX but I will probably just not have a rest day on sunday. How are you newbies doing on the pull-ups?

@Daisy80: Happy Birthday!!! Enjoy your day!

Have a great Friday everyone!!!
  • AwMyLoLo
    Options
    Well I ended up doing a little bit of YogaX and then 20 minutes with Rodney Yee. I wanted to relax :tongue: .

Today I'll do W3D3 of C25K on my lunch bread and then I have ARX & L&B after work :sick: The "back" part of legs & back is what I freakin hate, but I'll try my best! It would be awesome to someday be able to do a real pullup!

Jilly: I always do ARX before every weights workout. I like it that way because I'm still fresh, it starts to get me warmed up for the main workout, and I feel like I keep my core tighter during the lifing if I've done abs before. Also, it's mentally easier for me to get that out of the way first because by the end of the main workout I am just ready to be done!

Tomorrow I'll either do KenpoX or go for a run/walk for an hour. We don't have any plans for the weekend other than doing out to dinner Saturday, and visiting my mom on Sunday. I don't know if I'm happy or disappointed that we don't have any plans, since it is my b-day on Sunday. We wanted to hiking/sight seeing in West Virginia, but with all the rain we figured it wasn't a good idea. :grumble:

Hope you all have a great day and weekend and keep pressing play!
  • kandyjo
    Options
    Shoulders and Arms and ARX today for my second week!!! :drinker: I'm excited to be doing all the same workouts again this week, because I can see an improvement already from the first week!!

Ok... this is funny, and may be TMI, but I'm going to try to water it down a bit because its sort of an NSV!!
    Last night, my husband.....noticed the flexibility of my legs :blushing: He said, "DANG!!!! How are you dislocating your hips like that"?! I said, "I'm not dislocating them"!! He said, "DANG!!!! (<--LOL) You've gotten REALLY flexible lately" ... I just laughed and said, "P90X, BABY"!!!! :happy: Seriously, I have seen my strength and FLEXIBILITY increase in just a week!!! How can you NOT continue with results being felt and err... experienced :wink: already?!?!
  • DaveGlasnost
    DaveGlasnost Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Wow having a tough week this week. Who would have thought they would stumble on the final recovery week?

Anyway, I missed a workout (Core Syn) last night and am pushing it to tonight, meaning I will finish 90 days a day later than planned. I hope I can bring extra effort to this as I have now had plenty more rest than I anticipated!

Even with a few bumpy spots as I wind down this week, the weight is still trending in the right direction. I can't wait till I hit my next psychological barrier of 215lbs. Today: just .4 lbs off the mark. I still can't quite believe the day may come where I get a sub-210 reading, but the weight loss is firing on all cylinders at the moment. Going to be hard to be good this weekend, diet-wise =)
  • kandyjo
    Options
    Wow having a tough week this week. Who would have thought they would stumble on the final recovery week?

Anyway, I missed a workout (Core Syn) last night and am pushing it to tonight, meaning I will finish 90 days a day later than planned. I hope I can bring extra effort to this as I have now had plenty more rest than I anticipated!

Even with a few bumpy spots as I wind down this week, the weight is still trending in the right direction. I can't wait till I hit my next psychological barrier of 215lbs. Today: just .4 lbs off the mark. I still can't quite believe the day may come where I get a sub-210 reading, but the weight loss is firing on all cylinders at the moment. Going to be hard to be good this weekend, diet-wise =)

You're doing AWESOME!!! You've already lost 24lbs!!! And you are so close to finishing a workout that a lot of people can't even stick to!!! :drinker: You're going to blow that goal outta the water!!!
    As for this weekend, Plan, Plan, Plan... I see that I do so much better when I PLAN my meals out than I do off the cuff!! You can do this!!!:drinker:
  • kandyjo
    Options
    I'm splitting up ARX and S&A... Just did ARX since it's only 16 min of pure hell! :laugh: I love it though!! I still can't get all the reps in on some moves, but I'll get there....

Shoulders and Arms this afternoon.....

BRING IT, fellow P90X'ers!!! :bigsmile: :drinker: