Sunday – Rest
  • keishkeish
    keishkeish Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    is too late to joined?
  • SCFancher
    SCFancher Posts: 24
    Options
    It sure isn't . We are on day 5 today! So join along and begin on Day 1 if you want...just report your thoughts/results and we will all try to keep one another motivated!
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    is too late to joined?

Yay!!! Hey, KeishKeish!! :drinker: Welcome to the group!!!! I'm about to pop in Yoga X... Wish me luck! :grumble:
  • DaveGlasnost
    DaveGlasnost Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I saw a P90x thread and wanted to keep tabs since you guys just started.

If this was just a few weeks later I'd have joined you in starting up at the same time. I am just finishing up week 12 of my first round and have my sights set on getting through recovery then getting ready to start a 2nd round. I think I might take a week inbetween rounds -- really, whatever is best, then jump back into round 2.
  • kandyjo
    Options
    I got through Yoga X.... Definitely NOT my favorite and there were some positions that I just could not do.... I'm going to continue doing Yoga X because I did feel better.. I LOVED the amazing stretches in the last part... The first part is the worst... and I realized that my balance is not what it used to be LOL.... I will improve!! :drinker:

Hope you guys had a fabulous P90X day! :drinker:
  • nukehiker
    nukehiker Posts: 457
    Options
    im in ! started P90x 0n 4/11 did the first 2 weeks then this week had an off week so on Monday 5/2 i will be starting week 3. also is everyone following the nutritional guide ? I also am working night shift for the next month. 11 hour nights .....yuk !!
  • DaveGlasnost
    Options
    I got through Yoga X.... Definitely NOT my favorite and there were some positions that I just could not do.... I'm going to continue doing Yoga X because I did feel better.. I LOVED the amazing stretches in the last part... The first part is the worst... and I realized that my balance is not what it used to be LOL.... I will improve!! :drinker:

Hope you guys had a fabulous P90X day! :drinker:

I wouldn't worry for one second about what you couldn't do. Some will come with time, some will come with more time. More so for this workout than any other, I quickly adopted the "do your best, forget the rest" philosophy, and, while to this day (week 12 just ended) I cannot do crane and struggle on one or two other moves, this is my favorite workout.

Glad you are having fun with what you can do!

Edit: spelling...
  • poodle89
    poodle89 Posts: 17
    Options
    I just saw this thread today. I know you started the group last week, but can I still join? Please let me know. :)
  • kandyjo
    Options
    OOo, yeah, Poodle!!!! Join the P90X party!! :drinker:

DaveGlasnot... The crane was one I absolutely could NOT do! :drinker: I was like, "SERIOUSLY"!?!?! I've seen it before, but definitely could not do it now... maybe eventually :bigsmile:

I did Legs and Back tonight and HOLY LEG-BURNAGE!!! :noway: Those wall squats were BRUTAL!!!! I may not be able to walk tomorrow... Sitting on the toilet may be outta the question!! :laugh: But I LOVED it!!!

I wish more people would check in with this group! I would love to know where everyone is and how everyone is doing.... Guess I'm nosey! :laugh:
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,704 Member
    Options
    I'll check in more once I actually start Monday. :happy:
  • kandyjo
    Options
    My legs and butt are SORE!!!!!!!!! Legs and BAck DOES NOT mess around!! :sick: I have a feeling that tomorrow is REALLY going to be bad.... I am NOT having time today to get a workout in, so I'm counting today as a "rest" day and hitting the rest of this week and then starting next week ( I started in the middle of the week)....

Happy Workouts!! :drinker:
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    I'm starting Week 3 of the Classic program, and would love some added support/accountability...so hi!:flowerforyou:
  • alucas11
    alucas11 Posts: 19
    Options
    Hi there, wondered if its not too late I would love to join????? I'm on day 6 on p90x (classic version) enjoying it so far, but have been very sore this week, gotta keep at it, would be great to have some support and help each other along the way,...... BRING IT !!!!!
  • sctb
    sctb Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi P90X team,

My name is Shelia I would like to join the group....I am starting week 4 on 5/2. New to My Fitness Pal...I have only lost 2 lbs so my dr. recommended tracking my food intake on MFP...it has been great...to see what I'm eating and how many calories I'm consuming and other info. I am wiped out today...resting for tomorrow's big day to "Bring It".
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    Good morning, everyone! Welcome to everyone that has joined the group! sctb, you'll love this site! alucas, of course you can join! We look forward to hearing from you and supporting eachother!

Kandy, I'll have L&B on Friday. We're planning a hiking trip for this Saturday so that should be fun after my first time doing that workout in so long! :sick: It does hurt!

So, I'm starting my new workout schedule today! I've been slacking for a while now, especially with my nutrition, so I'm looking forward to really buckling down and getting back to where I want to be for the summer! I always seem to look/feel better in the Winter :grumble: but I'm NOT going to let that happen this year.

Today's workout will be Week 3, Day 1 of the C25K program on my lunchbreak, then I'll do Core Synergistics and Ab Burner (from ChaLEAN Extreme) after work. Also if it's not raining I'll take the dogs on a walk for about 2.75 miles. Make it a great day everyone!!!
  • DaveGlasnost
    Options
    Legs and Back is certainly brutal. I took to the wall squats like a duck to water even in the first week, though they still burn badly to this day. I actually do them very well on a good-energy day and don't do too badly on any other day.

I just did my last Legs & Back for this round on Saturday. I won't be doing this one again for a few weeks as I will be finishing P90X and restarting in a few weeks.

Yoga X yesterday as day 1 of the final recovery week. Had to take a little more break-time than what had become usual. Again completely ignored "Crane" but worked a little further through the warrior III, half moon, and twisting half moon parts, which is my other big struggle with the routine. An especially difficult part for me is when you reach behind your back and also under your thigh, this time I managed to do that for a few seconds before my leg screamed at me.

For those curious about what to expect for results, with all due respect to mileage varying as well as your starting points varying:

I will still have a little bit of gut fat left when it's all said and done. My chest will still not be where it needs to be. My endurance is vastly improved but is a big sore spot with me to this day. Maybe if I had followed the nutrition plan I would have gotten better results in the physique department and probably nutrition is my endurance's achilles heel.

I don't do very many pullups. I have the aforementioned trouble spots in Yoga to this day. I still get very tired out in Plyo and also in general.

But on the positive side:

I will finish P90X probably 18-20lbs lighter than when I started. I was 240 when I started eating less & better. I was 235lbs when I started P90X. I am about 217 today. Fat got traded for muscle, so being -18lbs right now, I wonder how much higher might the fat loss poundage number actually be?

I had a protruding gut. It was most obviously a problem when doing Yoga, as it got in the way of a lot of twisting moves. I now have a little paunch and don't feel like it is in the way of my Yoga anymore.

I was pretty high on the fat% meter, if I had to guess (because I didn't get measured at start and wish I did) I was at 27% or higher, my lowest reading to date was 18% the other day. Not sure how accurate this is but it's definitely a big positive improvement regardless of the actual numbers.

I can just manage 5 pullups when relatively fresh, and almost made 6 on my final pullup day for this 90-day run. This from day 1 where I simply couldn't move an inch from hanging on the bar -- I was completely helpless. I am whittling away at the breaks I take during Ab Ripper X. When I started, I would do 15-18 of each ab exercise on a good day, and collapse after every set. I now do them all and have gotten my breaks down to 15 seconds in between moves and not on all moves do I take a break now. My fifer scissors are really shoddy but I manage all 25.

My belt is on its last hole. Time for a smaller belt. My jeans fit me now, with the slightest bit of extra room in the waist. Things had gotten so bad I had stopped wearing them due to what became real pain. I am pulling stuff out of my closet that I hated wearing and it all looks and feels much better -- I am enjoying some of my old polo shirts I stopped wearing what feels like several years ago. I used to hate how my chest and gut would show through them, highlighting a very soft and out of shape body all too well. That problem is nearly all gone.

Last week I even dared myself to try on a muscle shirt that I had had stuffed in a drawer for a long, long time. I came across it around the start of my P90X round and I looked all sausage-y in it, it really didn't fit at all -- the scene was NOT pretty. (I kind of wish I had modeled it for a "before" picture session.) Well, last week it was loose in parts, hung on me a good bit more athletically, so to speak....plus I have arms that are almost worthy of such a thing now.

While I won't have a Beachbody infomercial- & brochure-worthy physique, I just look like I could lose a handful of lbs instead of needing to drop, say, 35-40. I will feel 1000 times less self conscious at the beach today, and if I stick to my guns, I will be again 1000 times less self conscious by summer.

Overall, a lot has changed, and I have completely undeniable results. The NSVs didn't come right away, but once they started coming, around day 45 for me,...well, it was like a floodgate opened.

I will mention one important thing for those doing this for the first time. Do NOT worry about the scale, and do NOT worry about NSV comments from others for at least 30 days, maybe as long as 45 days. They will come, but the first 30 just look to your internal progress. External results should be considered a bonus if you see them in the first month or so. I saw zero weight loss in the first month, and my day 30 pics looked VERY depressingly like my day 1. Think of the first month as just setting yourself up for success.
  • Fit4Vet
    Fit4Vet Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Hello Fellow Xers!

I was invited by AwMyLoLo to come over. Hope I can join you guys? I'm just starting my 3rd Round of P90X- Sat. was Day 1, but I started with Yoga X as I'm doing a Hybrid.

I started my day with ARX this morning, followed by Rodney Yee's Forward Bends (I'm big into Yoga). I have Chest & Back this afternoon (I'll be doing a shortened version this round b/c my time is so limited). I can't wait!
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options

I will mention one important thing for those doing this for the first time. Do NOT worry about the scale, and do NOT worry about NSV comments from others for at least 30 days, maybe as long as 45 days. They will come, but the first 30 just look to your internal progress. External results should be considered a bonus if you see them in the first month or so. I saw zero weight loss in the first month, and my day 30 pics looked VERY depressingly like my day 1. Think of the first month as just setting yourself up for success.

I really needed to read this, thanks for posting. Today will be Day 15 for me, and I really can't see much of a visible change to my body...but I feel stronger, can do more reps, and just got a PR in the half marathon I did this past weekend -yet, I was (am) still frustrated that I can't SEE the difference.
  • kandyjo
    Options
    Kenpo X on my agenda today!!! I hope you guys are doing great and remember to BRING IT!!! :drinker:
    So, do we want to do something fun like post b & a pics when we are finished? For those who want to share... ?