Food(s) that make you gag.

Replies

• tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,902 Member
    I hate banana flavored anything.
  • slucki01
    slucki01 Posts: 284 Member
    seaweed (except on sushi), dried fish (these were common snacks when I lived in japan) and lutefisk. Also, anchovies if they look like anchovies -- I'm actually fine with them once they're melted into a dish
  • westcoastgrl21
    westcoastgrl21 Posts: 172 Member
    Raspberries, especially if they are made into a syrup or "drizzle"..*GAG* Ack, I can't even think about it without gagging a little. Awful!
  • Beploveshomer
    Beploveshomer Posts: 284 Member
    Seafood, mushrooms, and avocado. And I really wish I loved them! :neutral_face:
  • bluepotatoes66
    bluepotatoes66 Posts: 45 Member
    edited March 2015
    Mayo
    Organ meat
    Most seafood
    Full fat milk
    Oysters
    Cough syrup

I've lost the gagging thing I used to have with a lot of foods I can't stand.

I have texture issues with a number of foods - even ones that I actually like the flavor of. So weird.
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    yep.....anything that I have thrown up before is on my no-no list including cheese and pepper papusas, masa, anything with green spicy peppers baked inside (like in the papusa or say pepper jack cheese) and now pulled pork. Dang you stomach flu!
  • beets, hominy, asparagus, and I 'm not real crazy about fish.
  • spookyface
    spookyface Posts: 420 Member
    okra-nasty nasty nasty
  • Ohwhynot
    Ohwhynot Posts: 356 Member
    Just liver, pretty much. I don't care if Foie Gras is fancy-schmancy. It still tastes like meat butter and quarters. Blech. I'll eat almost anything else, though.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    meat
    dairy
    eggs

makes me sick
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Ohwhynot wrote: »
    Just liver, pretty much. I don't care if Foie Gras is fancy-schmancy. It still tastes like meat butter and quarters. Blech. I'll eat almost anything else, though.

Meat butter. Perfect description! I concur with the "blech"!

• ljohnson216
    ljohnson216 Posts: 89 Member
    When I was a kid I used to put peanut butter on my hot dog. If I tried that now I would most certainly gag.

Recently I have developed a strong dislike for cucumbers and I have never understood how so many people like guacamole.
  • itsjosiebitch
    itsjosiebitch Posts: 68 Member
    Milk and eggs
  • itsjosiebitch
    itsjosiebitch Posts: 68 Member
    Mayonnaise
  • qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    qn4bx9pzg8aifd Posts: 258 Member
    Leana088 wrote: »
    A lot of you who don't like milk. Send it to me, I would live off it if I could :smiley:

That makes two of us! :)

For me, my "ah, no..."(s) are... let's see...

...liver, kidney, heart, lungs, intestines, and brains (no Haggis for me! (oh, and that list was not 'complete', of course -- I wouldn't be 'up for' any gall bladder or pancreas (or sundry other organs), if somehow deemed 'edible' (I'm suddenly thinking of hot dog content (no!)))

...pigs feet, frog legs, mussels, and snails (but for whatever reason, tiny, briny oysters fresh from the Pacific Ocean are just fine, and don't 'set off' my 'slime meter' (extra huge oysters, however, look like freaking tongues to me, and prompt significant revulsion))

...lard and suet (I once sat near two women reminiscing about lard sandwiches, and SO wished I could have unheard the conversation)

...anchovies, and any food or dish which -- when prepared -- resembles worms, funky creature-dom, or has 'hairy' projections of any kind (hello, prawns!)

...cheese that looks penicillin-y (bye-bye, Roquefort!), and/or smells horrid (disturbingly, that overall 'list' is a long one)

...any fish whose head is still attached, and/or whose 'face' is still 'looking at me'

...food whose name is just 'wrong' (here's lookin' at you, headcheese), or involves any meat whose 'constitution' is held together with gelatinous goo

...any artificial sweetener -laden, diet-ized anything (including gum, unfortunately) -- and especially sugar-free lime jello (I can smell Aspartame, in particular, 'a mile away', and diet jello not only reeks of it, but this 'flavor' smells (to me) like the love child of furniture polish and St. Joseph's Children's Aspirin)

...peas that have been cooked in a way such that they smell like vomit (I cannot seem to 'climb' past that hurdle ;P )

...roadkill, or meat from anything I've not ever consumed before (no squirrel or rabbit for me, thank you), or anything originating from an animal that produced venom (no snakes or spider snacks for me anytime soon)

...any dish whose main ingredient is blood

...oh, and eggnog, let alone any Rocky-inspired raw egg ingestibles

Gosh, just thinking about these 'gems' is having an appetite suppressant effect on me... ;P

(...if we all met up some day, and you all decided to 'punk' me, by bringing samples from this illustrious list of consumables, it would be my own personal (and uniquely unfathomable) Potluck From Hell... :) )
  • fevrale
    fevrale Posts: 170 Member
    Papaya :s
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Greek yogurt and miracle whip
  • annaheyoolay
    annaheyoolay Posts: 100 Member
    Tomatoes, mushrooms, and goldfish crackers.
  • Wallflower_83
    Wallflower_83 Posts: 13 Member
    edited March 2015
    Raspberries, yuck!! (also allergic to them)
    Pineapple (too sweet, possibly allergic as it makes me itch)
    Papaya (smells & tastes gross)
    Pork chops ( long story and Eww)
    Liver (smells & tastes gross)
    Cooked cabbage (texture/taste when cooked is gross) I only eat it raw.
    Pigs feet ( is there really anything to say?!! Eww in a jar)
    Egg nog (why would I even want to drink eggs? Idk)

That's most of them.

**This is a real fun topic btw. I'm cracking up here at all the responses.
  • andrea_quinn1
    andrea_quinn1 Posts: 1
    edited March 2015
    Cereal. My dad forced me to eat it when I was 6 while all my sisters were outside playing. It was Cocca puffs. And they got so soggy that minutes after swallowing another agonizing spoonful, I puked on the floor. From that day on, I have never enjoyed cereal or milk. Nor do I like oatmeal (my family insisted we put salt on it and it reminds me too much of cereal). Donuts are a no go too...Hm French fries, Creme chocolates, anything with mayo, tuna, any kind of pork or meat for that matter, cookies, chips (unless they're plain and salsa is available) and to top off my hate list I really dislike oven baked pizza. I've heaved that up too many times for my liking.