11 pounds lost and thighs are still huge

Options

Replies

• amandastock
    amandastock Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I am also 5'7" and hold weight in my thighs. 130 is the lowest I would go. Can't tell from your sweater but that last 5lbs is prob going to have to come from thighs as you are already thin.

Fit is the new skinny I say get your muscle on and be proud of it. If you cant make them smaller make them lean and powerful. Maybe balance it out with some muscle in your arms and back. HOT! :)
  • steeheart
    steeheart Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    get those thighs ripped! squat heavy and embrace your muscular thighs. It doesnt matter what size they are... firm muscular toned legs are sexy, not scrawny ones.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    steeheart wrote: »
    get those thighs ripped! squat heavy and embrace your muscular thighs. It doesnt matter what size they are... firm muscular toned legs are sexy, not scrawny ones.

yeah you go girl! :bigsmile: :+1:

• tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    emdeesea wrote: »
    From one woman to another: get out of your own head and stop wishing your body looks like someone else's. You cannot even believe what a huge waste of time this is. Improve what you've got. Your thighs are fine. Go back to lifting weights and stop wishing your life away.

came back to highlight because this is so well said.
  • erikgoya
    erikgoya Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Your thighs are fine girl, don't worry about that (thick thighs are the way to go anyways c; )

But if you want your strength back, but don't want your thighs to get too big, just keep away from lifting for hypertrophy (google it). Avoid high reps, but still squat heavy (or whatever leg workout you do).
    Muscle growth is unavoidable when lifting, but that's not a bad thing at all! Work them legs girl!
  • eshults89
    eshults89 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Your thighs are not huge! They are small!!! Please don't try to get that silly thigh gap!! Plus being a little thick is a good thing!!!!! Men like meat on ur bones...at least from my own experience.....lol . You look fab!!
  • cherellenjohnson9
    cherellenjohnson9 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys for being supportive!!! Here's a better picture because the app won't let me edit my post anymore msbt71hkz4jd.jpg
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    I'm sorry, but im going to be completely honest with you. Your thighs are not "giant" and the size and shape they are is not because of muscle. It's because of unwanted fat.

I would switch to heavy lifting consistently, and a continued calorie deficit.

This. I've been heavy weightlifting for over a year now, and I've noticed amazing changes in my body.

It sounds like you have a skewed body perception as well. I suggest you talk to a professional about this.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Your thighs are fine. Why stop lifting? If you want to lose 7 more pounds they're not going to get bigger in a deficit anyway. You'll just save more muscle so they're look better when you're done losing the fat you want.

I'm about 135 too, though I'm shorter, 5'4". I've lost 27 pounds and still have 23.25 inch thighs. No way I'm gonna stop lifting.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    You look great . your thighs don't look huge to me. BTW, I'm 5'8 and weigh 135. So were about the same size. You look fine
  • Christine_72
    Options
    I am so not an expert here. But your thighs look incredibly muscular.
    Could laying off the leg weights slim them down some??
  • DebzNuDa
    DebzNuDa Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I think you look great!! We all have our own perception and I know it can feel like you're "huge", but really, you are not! Love your self and love those thighs!

18134773.png
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    If you really think those thighs are huge, then I advise you never to watch figure skating. You might faint in shock.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options

"Incredibly muscular?????" No....just no... what world are you from that that is your idea of incredibly muscular?
    OP, you have beautiful legs, keep on lifting heavy things and enjoy your strong legs.....
  • Christine_72
    Options
    astrampe wrote: »

"Incredibly muscular?????" No....just no... what world are you from that that is your idea of incredibly muscular?
    OP, you have beautiful legs, keep on lifting heavy things and enjoy your strong legs.....

Oh boy. I was worried that came out wrong. Some women want strong muscular legs, others want slimline thighs. OP sounds like she would prefer the latter?
    Yes, compared to my thighs, hers are muscular looking to me. I never said that was a bad thing, or that they were huge!!
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    they look fine to me. and personally i would rather have a little thickness in the thighs, it gives your figure some curve and you dont want stick legs do you?
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    I think you could fit both of your thighs in one of mine. Your thighs are not huge.

Lifting weights won't make your thighs bigger. Don't buy into the myths that lifting heavy will make women bulk up. It won't.

Be healthy. Be strong. Enjoy the shape you are.
  • hsmith0930
    hsmith0930 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    There is a lot of hate going on for skinny legs here. I mean, sure thick thighs are fashionable, but no men won't skip a girl with thinner thighs. And No, men don't want "meat on their bones" because men aren't animals looking to eat prey. Wanting to look one way for whatever reason is one thing, but don't try to make yourself feel better at the expense of someone else. Thick thighs are not better than thin and thin thighs are not better than thick.
  • cherellenjohnson9
    cherellenjohnson9 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    hsmith0930 wrote: »
    There is a lot of hate going on for skinny legs here. I mean, sure thick thighs are fashionable, but no men won't skip a girl with thinner thighs. And No, men don't want "meat on their bones" because men aren't animals looking to eat prey. Wanting to look one way for whatever reason is one thing, but don't try to make yourself feel better at the expense of someone else. Thick thighs are not better than thin and thin thighs are not better than thick.

Of course not!! This post isn't to make myself feel better, I am here for advice on fitness. I would never want those who have slimmer thighs to feel bad about themselves.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    I think the bottom line is, some women like big legs and others like smaller ones. Maybe people should be giving the OP advice on how to achieve her desired look :smile: