11 pounds lost and thighs are still huge

Options

Replies

• segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    I think the bottom line is, some women like big legs and others like smaller ones. Maybe people should be giving the OP advice on how to achieve her desired look :smile:

And I think the bottom line is, some women have bigger legs and some have smaller legs. You can tone up, you can lose weight, but you can't change your natural body shape (well, not without surgery anyway).
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    hsmith0930 wrote: »
    There is a lot of hate going on for skinny legs here. I mean, sure thick thighs are fashionable, but no men won't skip a girl with thinner thighs. And No, men don't want "meat on their bones" because men aren't animals looking to eat prey. Wanting to look one way for whatever reason is one thing, but don't try to make yourself feel better at the expense of someone else. Thick thighs are not better than thin and thin thighs are not better than thick.

Not really seeing any "hate" for skinny legs anywhere.

My husband actually does prefer women with meat on their bones, with curves, with a shape. But for every guy like my husband, there's a guy who likes super skinny women. It's all personal preference; doesn't mean one is better than the other.

*shrugs*
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I am seriously trying to see what you're seeing, OP, and I really can't. All I can see is a healthy, fit body in a pleasing shape, no bull.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I am so not an expert here. But your thighs look incredibly muscular.
    Could laying off the leg weights slim them down some??

So my opinion saying I think op's thighs look incredibly muscular is classed as abuse now?? I didn't say they were too big or ugly or whatever. I just happen to see where she's coming from. And I don't think umpteen posts saying she looks great etc etc is going to help her to get where she wants to go. Sure, it might make her feel better. But it's her body and she needs to live with it and shape it in whatever way she sees fit.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options

Seriously? She doesn't look muscular at all.

My thighs are like twice that big and I still have thigh gap.

OP, you are tiny. Stop spending so much time in front of the mirror and stop worrying about it.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,565 Member
    Options
    Sounds like your lower body reduces fat storage slower than any where else on your body. So just keep working at it. Eventually you'll tap that extra fat.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • cherellenjohnson9
    cherellenjohnson9 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Sounds like your lower body reduces fat storage slower than any where else on your body. So just keep working at it. Eventually you'll tap that extra fat.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

I will!! Thanks for the tip!!
  • cherellenjohnson9
    cherellenjohnson9 Posts: 21 Member
    Options

So my opinion saying I think op's thighs look incredibly muscular is classed as abuse now?? I didn't say they were too big or ugly or whatever. I just happen to see where she's coming from. And I don't think umpteen posts saying she looks great etc etc is going to help her to get where she wants to go. Sure, it might make her feel better. But it's her body and she needs to live with it and shape it in whatever way she sees fit.

I wasn't offended and you make a great point!! :)
  • katiejanecollins
    katiejanecollins Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    They aren't freakishly gigantic thighs so you have nothing to worry about - but I totally get where you're coming from as I'm in a similar situation. My thighs have always been pretty big and I'm really struggling to get them slimmer! I'm mixing cardio with weights 5 days a week in the hope they'll sort themselves out a bit.
  • mlpettit
    mlpettit Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You can't choose where you lose fat on your body by doing a particular exercise. Your body loses fat in the same way whatever cardio you do.
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    Options
    I think you look great OP.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

Not really though.

OP, you have nice thighs, but they aren't as muscular as you think they are. Keep losing body fat and you'll eventually lose some of the fat covering your thighs, revealing some nice muscle.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    _dracarys_ wrote: »

Not really though.

OP, you have nice thighs, but they aren't as muscular as you think they are. Keep losing body fat and you'll eventually lose some of the fat covering your thighs, revealing some nice muscle.

Agreed. I think they look great. I hope mine look like that someday :)
  • kr15ty_k
    kr15ty_k Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Even in the second pic, your thighs look great! I know the feeling though. I've stopped trying to buy jean shorts because in order to fit my thighs and butt into them I needed to get ones with a huuuuuge waist (which doesnt work). Everyone's bodies are different. Keep up the lifting! Fit is sexy!
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and weigh 146 and I wish I had your thighs!!!
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Id say they are perfect! But if you want more definition or muscle to pop through id tone them up. Walking alot can help or running. And regular leg work. I wish to trade >:)
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    OP, I meant to say earlier: there's nothing wrong with your thighs.

Does anyone remember this scene from "Mean Girls"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhCzRr9EwBk
  • Fabfitgirl5
    Fabfitgirl5 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm going to tell you what I and pretty much ALL of my girlfriends went through at your age that now we look back and are like, damn we were totally insecure, stupid and silly. (Not insulting you, just telling you how we were at your age.)
    You have to understand that at the age of 20 you are seeing images that tell you what is supposed to be beauty and what is considered not beautiful. Your body, at 5'7 and 134 is better than fine, it is awesome! You thinking your thighs are big is all in your head and has little to do with what is actually portrayed in your pics. Your thighs are perfect. I have thighs similar to yours, they have always been muscular, and well shaped and defined. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT! (although at present I need to reshape them as I have been a tad bit lazy in keeping them up ;p). At your age I did the same things you are doing now and I wish someone told me when to stop it and just love who I was esp. when I was your size. Believe me, when you get to be my age (40) you will wish you had stopped this madness and embraced who you were at that time in your life. You wish that you would have worn those skimpy two piece bikinis and flaunted, in an appropriate way, your beautiful figure. (not that you don't wear them, I am just giving an example). Trust me, when I tell you, embrace you and love you and be not only proud but happy that you have the awesome body you have.
    STOP thinking that you have to look like certain ppl out in the world, STOP comparing yourself to other women who may or may not have the same genetic make up and body shape as you. BEYONCE, and I know you know her, has very healthy thighs. She works out and her body is shaped like a brick S@#$ house, even with her thick thighs. If you don't like that example, look at the Venus sisters, one is a larger framed sister and the other smaller framed, but the BOTH have nicely shaped thighs- one's thighs are much bigger than the other because of their body shapes which is genetics, but they likely don't have much if any fat on their bodies, they are muscular and there is nothing wrong with that.
    I can say the same about myself. My sister and I are polar opposites. She is built on a frame like my mother, thin, small, frail almost. I on the other hand take after my father's side where two of my aunts are/were over 5'9 and built of a much sturdier frames. I am taller than my sister and I have a larger chest and thighs than her, but that is genetics. My body developed one way hers another.
    What I am trying to say is, you are who you are. You are a very healthy weight, despite your desire to want to loose more, and you have very nice, shapely thighs that are not huge or large. I don't know who or what standard of beauty you are comparing yourself to but like many other women on this post said, STOP IT. Love you, embrace you.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm going to tell you what I and pretty much ALL of my girlfriends went through at your age that now we look back and are like, damn we were totally insecure, stupid and silly. (Not insulting you, just telling you how we were at your age.)
    You have to understand that at the age of 20 you are seeing images that tell you what is supposed to be beauty and what is considered not beautiful. Your body, at 5'7 and 134 is better than fine, it is awesome! You thinking your thighs are big is all in your head and has little to do with what is actually portrayed in your pics. Your thighs are perfect. I have thighs similar to yours, they have always been muscular, and well shaped and defined. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT! (although at present I need to reshape them as I have been a tad bit lazy in keeping them up ;p). At your age I did the same things you are doing now and I wish someone told me when to stop it and just love who I was esp. when I was your size. Believe me, when you get to be my age (40) you will wish you had stopped this madness and embraced who you were at that time in your life. You wish that you would have worn those skimpy two piece bikinis and flaunted, in an appropriate way, your beautiful figure. (not that you don't wear them, I am just giving an example). Trust me, when I tell you, embrace you and love you and be not only proud but happy that you have the awesome body you have.
    STOP thinking that you have to look like certain ppl out in the world, STOP comparing yourself to other women who may or may not have the same genetic make up and body shape as you. BEYONCE, and I know you know her, has very healthy thighs. She works out and her body is shaped like a brick S@#$ house, even with her thick thighs. If you don't like that example, look at the Venus sisters, one is a larger framed sister and the other smaller framed, but the BOTH have nicely shaped thighs- one's thighs are much bigger than the other because of their body shapes which is genetics, but they likely don't have much if any fat on their bodies, they are muscular and there is nothing wrong with that.
    I can say the same about myself. My sister and I are polar opposites. She is built on a frame like my mother, thin, small, frail almost. I on the other hand take after my father's side where two of my aunts are/were over 5'9 and built of a much sturdier frames. I am taller than my sister and I have a larger chest and thighs than her, but that is genetics. My body developed one way hers another.
    What I am trying to say is, you are who you are. You are a very healthy weight, despite your desire to want to loose more, and you have very nice, shapely thighs that are not huge or large. I don't know who or what standard of beauty you are comparing yourself to but like many other women on this post said, STOP IT. Love you, embrace you.

(*) (*) (*) (*) (*)
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options

Very nice post :) Thank you for writing this out in a way that doesn't set it up as small thighs vs not small thighs or men like X vs men don't like Y.